Sabbath Issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy,a life that is full of godly character.Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man,both of them works together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In our busy lives we all need time to rest and recharge our batteries but our rest days, our 'sabbaths', have to fit in with our work patterns and life commitments. My day off work used to be a Thursday amd I would do no housework on that day but I would either rest at home or enjoy time outdoors. I think that keeping the Sabbath in the OT way is an act of religion or law and Jesus set us free from that. Jesus did not keep the Sabbath in the accepted way so I feel I am free of that too.
Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.” John 9:16
[ Freedom From Human Rules ] Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. Colossians 2:16

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our busy lives we all need time to rest and recharge our batteries but our rest days, our 'sabbaths', have to fit in with our work patterns and life commitments. My day off work used to be a Thursday amd I would do no housework on that day but I would either rest at home or enjoy time outdoors. I think that keeping the Sabbath in the OT way is an act of religion or law and Jesus set us free from that. Jesus did not keep the Sabbath in the accepted way so I feel I am free of that too.
Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.” John 9:16
[ Freedom From Human Rules ] Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. Colossians 2:16
Yes, I use to be that way years ago, but we are not that way to believe in rightly dividing of living unto God as his customs Luke 4:16 to follow his steps.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I use to be that way years ago, but we are not that way to believe in rightly dividing of living unto God as his customs Luke 4:16 to follow his steps.
So are you just talking about going to church on the sabbath?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, right. :)
Only because of the way that Jesus had Keep his Father's commands, like his disciples was learning. :)

1 Peter 2:21 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Acts 17:2 2As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Back in my younger day I did labor working on the Sabbaths until I learned from the scriptures about 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.
There are quite a few Sabbatarians on this forum. And there are at least as many who believe that the Lord's Day -- the first day of the week -- is the Christian sabbath. No need to stir the pot. If that is your conviction, you are welcome to it.

AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT INSIST THAT OTHERS MUST ALSO FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are quite a few Sabbatarians on this forum. And there are at least as many who believe that the Lord's Day -- the first day of the week -- is the Christian sabbath. No need to stir the pot. If that is your conviction, you are welcome to it.

That we all can/should speak the same thing.

1 Corinthians 1:10 10I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. :)