Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=12pt]Seventh Day Adventists and Messianic Jews are two of the many denominations that erroneously teach that proper Sabbath Keeping is vital to ones' salvation. They believe in observing the Sabbath the traditional Jewish way which begins at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Saturday and restricts the amount and types of daily activities that they can do. They argue that the commandment to "remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" (Ex. 20:8) was one of the ten commandments and if we obey the other nine commandments then we should honor the Sabbath in the old way as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What was the original purpose of the Sabbath? It was to give man a day of rest from his labors as exampled by God when He rested on the seventh day of creation. When God told Moses to "keep it holy", He was expanding it to include worship of God as well on that day of rest. Throughout the Old Testament years the Pharisees increasingly made keeping the Sabbath very restrictive, for example, by limiting the number of steps you could walk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus, much to the consternation of the Pharisees, seemed to enjoy flaunting the Sabbath.

Matt 12:2-8: "When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." 3 He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." (NIV)

Matt 12:10-12: "and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked him, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?" 11 He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath." (NIV)

John 5:10-11: and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat." 11 But he replied, "The man who made me well said to me, 'Pick up your mat and walk." (NIV)

John 5:17-18: Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. (NIV)

We can see by this last verse that God and Jesus are always working. Apparently they do not take a Sabbath rest. It would be a sad thing indeed if God closed up shop on the seventh day and refused to hear and answer prayers because He was resting. According to Strong's Concordance the word "holy" is defined as: "To be clean, to consecrate, dedicate, to keep, prepare, proclaim and to purify and sanctify oneself."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Let's take a look at what the bible has to say about these aspects of our holiness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1. Clean - Jesus says, "John 15:3 - "You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you." (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2. Consecrate - Heb 10:20 - "By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;" (KJV) Through His death we are consecrated unto God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3. Dedicate - As Christians we dedicate our lives to His service.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4. Keep - Phil 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (KJV) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]5. Prepare - Heb 10:8-10: "First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus prepared the way for us! We have been made holy by His sacrifice. Nothing we do will make us any holier than what Christ has done for us. When we stand before God, he isn't going to look at our works or whether we kept the law or not regarding our salvation. The only thing He will look for is whether or not we have the blood of His Son covering us, for our righteousness (our efforts to be law keepers) are as filthy rags before Him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]6. Proclaim - By our living testimony we proclaim to the world our faith in Christ and every time we witness we are proclaiming the gospel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]7. Purify - Titus 2:14 - "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]8. Sanctify - Heb 13:12 - "Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Christ has accomplished all that was necessary to make us holy. Observing a day set aside for His honor can bring about nothing that hasn't already been done for us. The problem many people have is in not recognizing that in Heb 4:1-10: God redefined the Sabbath. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 "Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work." 5 And again in the passage above he says, "They shall never enter my rest." 6 It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. 7 Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his." (NIV)

As verse 10 points out, we enter that Sabbath rest automatically when we believe in Him and make Him Lord of our life. Jesus, through His life and death did everything for us spiritually that the Sabbath was supposed to do. That is why He continually stated that "the Son of Man was Lord of the Sabbath." It is in and through Him that we rest and keep the Sabbath. Those who make a big deal about setting aside a certain day for worship are proclaiming that what Christ did for us wasn't good enough. They are saying that the Sabbath becomes holy through our observance of it and physically observing it the way the law originally intended. They have not yet realized that the New Covenant did away with all the past observances. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Christ gave us two laws to obey: Matt 22:36-40: "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These two commandments are the only ones we as Christians need to concern ourselves with. The love we have for God and each other fulfills the requirements of the law as Paul explains in Rom 13:8-10: "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If we obey the law of love for God and each other then we are fulfilling the requirements of the Sabbath rest and have no need of an additional day. To believe otherwise would be like telling God, "Ok, I followed you and obeyed you all week long but now because it's the Sabbath day, I really mean it this time." People who are Sabbath-keepers also fail to realize that our living bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. We now have God residing within us. We are the 24/7 residence of He who dwelt in the inner sanctuary of the Holy of Holies. That makes us the temple so how can going to another building on a special day make us any holier? What can a calendar day do for us that the Holy Spirit residing within us can't do? My answer is…absolutely nothing![/SIZE]

Reactions: Born_Again

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Jesus had a major problem with the Jews concerning the Sabbath.
They threw their toys out the cot when He healed or did anything else on the Sabbath ... reason was they missed the reasoning behind the Law
entirely.
Jesus tried his best in educating them and showing them that "man was not made for the Sabbath but that the Sabbath was made for man".
God gave the Sabbath as an ordinance that was to benefit man, a day of rest from working to get the body rejuvenated, they missed the point entirely
and said that God did not want them to lift a finger or do anything at all even if it was to help someone else.

If we know someone who works everyday without rest we advise them and say, "You need a day off to rest, you're going to wear yourself out".
Now imagine if they took your advice and just lay in bed all day and never got up to eat or shower etc.
And we went over to their home and they shouted from the window, "Sorry but I can't get out of bed you told me to rest".
Are they right or wrong ?

They're right as far as resting is concerned but they need to live as well, resting does not mean total shut down of life.
That's what the Pharisees preached - total shutdown of life.
But that's not what God meant.
And Jesus illustrated it by healing people on the Sabbath ... life goes on.
The day of resting and dedication to God is any day that a man or woman of God chooses it to be in the New Covenant as is witnessed
by Romans 14:5 - 6,

One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind
The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God,
while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
The Sabbath is a contractual obligation contained in the covenant that
Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Deut 29:9-15. Seeing as how
Christians per se are not contracted with God to comply with the covenant,
then they are under no contractual obligation to observe the Sabbath. It is
entirely optional.

Buen Camino
/

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trekson said:
[SIZE=12pt]Seventh Day Adventists and Messianic Jews are two of the many denominations that erroneously teach that proper Sabbath Keeping is vital to ones' salvation. They believe in observing the Sabbath the traditional Jewish way which begins at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Saturday and restricts the amount and types of daily activities that they can do. They argue that the commandment to "remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" (Ex. 20:8) was one of the ten commandments and if we obey the other nine commandments then we should honor the Sabbath in the old way as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What was the original purpose of the Sabbath? It was to give man a day of rest from his labors as exampled by God when He rested on the seventh day of creation. When God told Moses to "keep it holy", He was expanding it to include worship of God as well on that day of rest. Throughout the Old Testament years the Pharisees increasingly made keeping the Sabbath very restrictive, for example, by limiting the number of steps you could walk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus, much to the consternation of the Pharisees, seemed to enjoy flaunting the Sabbath.

Matt 12:2-8: "When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." 3 He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." (NIV)

Matt 12:10-12: "and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked him, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?" 11 He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath." (NIV)

John 5:10-11: and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat." 11 But he replied, "The man who made me well said to me, 'Pick up your mat and walk." (NIV)

John 5:17-18: Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. (NIV)

We can see by this last verse that God and Jesus are always working. Apparently they do not take a Sabbath rest. It would be a sad thing indeed if God closed up shop on the seventh day and refused to hear and answer prayers because He was resting. According to Strong's Concordance the word "holy" is defined as: "To be clean, to consecrate, dedicate, to keep, prepare, proclaim and to purify and sanctify oneself."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Let's take a look at what the bible has to say about these aspects of our holiness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1. Clean - Jesus says, "John 15:3 - "You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you." (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2. Consecrate - Heb 10:20 - "By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;" (KJV) Through His death we are consecrated unto God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3. Dedicate - As Christians we dedicate our lives to His service.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4. Keep - Phil 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (KJV) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]5. Prepare - Heb 10:8-10: "First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus prepared the way for us! We have been made holy by His sacrifice. Nothing we do will make us any holier than what Christ has done for us. When we stand before God, he isn't going to look at our works or whether we kept the law or not regarding our salvation. The only thing He will look for is whether or not we have the blood of His Son covering us, for our righteousness (our efforts to be law keepers) are as filthy rags before Him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]6. Proclaim - By our living testimony we proclaim to the world our faith in Christ and every time we witness we are proclaiming the gospel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]7. Purify - Titus 2:14 - "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]8. Sanctify - Heb 13:12 - "Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Christ has accomplished all that was necessary to make us holy. Observing a day set aside for His honor can bring about nothing that hasn't already been done for us. The problem many people have is in not recognizing that in Heb 4:1-10: God redefined the Sabbath. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 "Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work." 5 And again in the passage above he says, "They shall never enter my rest." 6 It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. 7 Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his." (NIV)

As verse 10 points out, we enter that Sabbath rest automatically when we believe in Him and make Him Lord of our life. Jesus, through His life and death did everything for us spiritually that the Sabbath was supposed to do. That is why He continually stated that "the Son of Man was Lord of the Sabbath." It is in and through Him that we rest and keep the Sabbath. Those who make a big deal about setting aside a certain day for worship are proclaiming that what Christ did for us wasn't good enough. They are saying that the Sabbath becomes holy through our observance of it and physically observing it the way the law originally intended. They have not yet realized that the New Covenant did away with all the past observances. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Christ gave us two laws to obey: Matt 22:36-40: "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These two commandments are the only ones we as Christians need to concern ourselves with. The love we have for God and each other fulfills the requirements of the law as Paul explains in Rom 13:8-10: "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If we obey the law of love for God and each other then we are fulfilling the requirements of the Sabbath rest and have no need of an additional day. To believe otherwise would be like telling God, "Ok, I followed you and obeyed you all week long but now because it's the Sabbath day, I really mean it this time." People who are Sabbath-keepers also fail to realize that our living bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. We now have God residing within us. We are the 24/7 residence of He who dwelt in the inner sanctuary of the Holy of Holies. That makes us the temple so how can going to another building on a special day make us any holier? What can a calendar day do for us that the Holy Spirit residing within us can't do? My answer is…absolutely nothing![/SIZE]
That is powerful scripture brother.... If you really read it and take it in you really feel the sacrifice Christ made for us!! Good Job Bro!!!! How could you not just want to drop and thank Him for loving us that much? Powerful!!!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The satanic pagan Roman/Babylonia system has done it's job well at deceiving the whole world, especially the "christians"!

God created everything in 6 days, then He created a seventh day, on which He rested, blessed and sanctified (set aside for Holy purposes)...it is a gift to humankind to rejuvenate physically, psychologically, and strengthen
their spiritual connections with God our Creator. This Holy day each week was important enough for God to put it in the Ten Commandments, which He personally wrote on the stone tablets.
Jesus kept the seventh day sabbath, and said He is Lord of the Sabbath Matthew 12, so He set the standards. He did not abolish it, but said it is okay to do good and heal someone on the Sabbath Matthew 12 and Mark 3...
This was to negate the many man made traditions the priests and pharisees had placed on Sabbathkeeping.
Paul and the other Apostles kept the seventh day Sabbath throughout their ministries and lives Acts 12-20.
Some confuse the Mosaic law..the 613 sacrificial, feast days, food, festivals, cleanliness etc laws with the
law of God (the Ten Commandments)...
The deceived use some Paul's writings to disobey the ten commandments, and if they would read the whole chapter they would see he is referring to the Mosaic law, and food, feast days, festival days, etc.
No where in the Bible is the seventh day Sabbath abolished or changed NOWHERE! Remember God does not change according to the book of Malachi!

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, His days and Commandments,and not the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and NON Biblical.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
The satanic pagan Roman/Babylonia system has done it's job well at deceiving the whole world, especially the "christians"!

God created everything in 6 days, then He created a seventh day, on which He rested, blessed and sanctified (set aside for Holy purposes)...it is a gift to humankind to rejuvenate physically, psychologically, and strengthen
their spiritual connections with God our Creator. This Holy day each week was important enough for God to put it in the Ten Commandments, which He personally wrote on the stone tablets.
Jesus kept the seventh day sabbath, and said He is Lord of the Sabbath Matthew 12, so He set the standards. He did not abolish it, but said it is okay to do good and heal someone on the Sabbath Matthew 12 and Mark 3...
This was to negate the many man made traditions the priests and pharisees had placed on Sabbathkeeping.
Paul and the other Apostles kept the seventh day Sabbath throughout their ministries and lives Acts 12-20.
Some confuse the Mosaic law..the 613 sacrificial, feast days, food, festivals, cleanliness etc laws with the
law of God (the Ten Commandments)...
The deceived use some Paul's writings to disobey the ten commandments, and if they would read the whole chapter they would see he is referring to the Mosaic law, and food, feast days, festival days, etc.
No where in the Bible is the seventh day Sabbath abolished or changed NOWHERE! Remember God does not change according to the book of Malachi!

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, His days and Commandments,and not the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and NON Biblical.
I agree with you. I commonly find myself wonder how we got away from taking the day of rest. Like you said, man made the traditions on the Sabbath, but we are still to "remember the Sabbath and keep it holy"

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
David, a brother, once wrote a tract that, for me, said it best:

title_sabbath.jpg

This tract is being written because we as Christians are living in a very peculiar time. In these last days prior to the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, there is such confusion among so many well meaning and Christian-minded people, and one great point of confusion and contention is regarding the Sabbath.

I have personally been confronted by people who condemned me and my ministry because I did not keep the Sabbath the way they were trying to keep it. There is extremism in any belief system, and that extremism occurs when proponents of a belief system do not accept the whole council of God. In this tract, we will look at the whole council of God on the subject of the Sabbath, which will bring forth a clear understanding of what it is and how it must be kept.

We will now go back to the origin of the Sabbath at the time of the creation as told at the beginning of the book of Genesis. In Genesis 2:1-3 we read, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

One thing that should be immediately noticed is that all of the preceding six days end with the following words, "And the evening and the morning were the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) day." We do not find these words of finality or summation ending the seventh day, because in a perfect world, every day thereafter would be a condition of Sabbath or rest and repose. That day was open-ended! Only sin could take away that condition of Sabbath or rest that was meant for every day, and sadly, that is exactly what happened. Later, we will see how our Lord Jesus restored the perpetual and continual Sabbath to our souls.

The first time we see the word "Sabbath" is in the book of Exodus, and in Exodus 20:8-11, we find that it is given as one of the Ten Commandments as follows: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it."

One primary point that must be noted regarding the Sabbath commandment is that it has nothing to do with going to church! It has only to do with the cessation from work. Nothing more and nothing less. Sinful man was ordered to do nothing on the seventh day. Thus, one day each week he would not be out there committing sin after sin after sin. It was a "do nothing" day, established as such until the Savior would come to give us victory over sin every day of the week and establish rest for our souls by his spirit dwelling within. This could be made possible only through a New Covenant established by the blood of the Lamb of God!

The Old Testament is replete with examples of Sabbath commandments, but in every example, it is under the Old Covenant of a single day of rest, which by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has given way to a Sabbath, where every day is one where we cease from our old works. The Old Covenant, according to Hebrews 8:13, is no more! It reads as follows: "In that he saith, a New Covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

In Galatians 3:24-25, we are exhorted "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER." Thus, the law could lead us to Christ but no further! Those who think that they are keeping the Sabbath as a day must remember that James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." The only one who has ever kept the Sabbath perfectly is Jesus Christ. Man cannot do what He did in keeping the law. The Lord Jesus took the law to Calvary as well as the sin of the world. It was there that the law and all transgressions met, and He bore the sin of many. See Isaiah 53.

Is there a Sabbath after Calvary? Yes! Hebrews 4:9-10 says, "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his." There are two words not found in those verses, "Sabbath" and "day." It is because our rest is no longer a calendar day each week, but every day, which includes the seventh, and thus we keep the Sabbath by living a godly and blood-washed life every day. For we have ceased from our old works. Some people who haven't come to an understanding of what covenant they are under will point out that Paul often went into the synagogues on the Sabbath. If we look at those incidents, however, we see that it was to bring those who hear out of the synagogue and that system of death. Here is what Paul the Apostle said about the seventh day as found in Romans 14:5-6: "One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord, and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it."

We know that the Sabbath law is fulfilled in Jesus Christ and He abides within us. The seventh day Sabbath was not eliminated but fulfilled, and our Savior added six more days to that rest and gave us the timelessness of eternal life. Thus, the seventh day is kept holy with all the other days. We can worship our Lord any day and every day. We know that Sunday is not the Sabbath but rather one of seven days, any of which can be used for worship. Acts 20:7 says, "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

It is my humble prayer that all who read this will realize the joy of keeping all seven days of the week holy and thus fulfill the sacred commandment; for it is not our works but the finished work of Christ that has established the eternal timeless Sabbath of the New Covenant by the power of His blood.

Reactions: Axehead

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Trekson said:

[SIZE=12pt]You are making assumptions right and left. SDA's, and Messianic Jews, for all their faults, keep the Sabbath because they believed Yeshua when He said: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mark 12:28-31 (KJV)
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[/SIZE]
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Keeping the Laws pleases G-d and Yeshua. If you keep no laws, you might have your salvation continue past your baptism, but break enough laws consistently, and you will grieve away the Holy Spirit. It happens.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work [/SIZE]iniquity.

James 1:21-27 (KJV)
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Iniquity means lawlessness...so, evidently laws are still important. But, your choice...G-d gave you free will.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]You believe that love is enough, and if you feel love for others, well, you think you have done well. But you have not loved G-d if you disobey Him, and that is not pleasing to G-d, or to Yeshua[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Questor: "Your words: "[SIZE=12pt] You are making assumptions right and left. SDA's, and Messianic Jews, for all their faults, keep the Sabbath because they believed Yeshua when He said: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mark 12:28-31 (KJV)
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[/SIZE]
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these

Well, I don't see keeping the sabbath in that list because Christ teaches that we should be doing Vss. 29-31, every day. So are you assuming that one can't love God and observe the sabbath every day instead of just one day?

Your words: "[SIZE=12pt]Keeping the Laws pleases G-d and Yeshua. If you keep no laws, you might have your salvation continue past your baptism, but break enough laws consistently, and you will grieve away the Holy Spirit. It happens"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The laws of the OT are dead, nailed to the cross, they are written in our hearts as the new covenant promised. That doesn't mean we don't have to keep them, but as believers we are, by faith, members of the spiritual kingdom of God, and the old earthly laws are left to only one purpose and that is to show unbelievers what sin is! As S4C so eloquently pointed out our sabbath rest occurs every day.[/SIZE]

Your verse: "25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Perhaps a little more study on just what "the perfect law of liberty" means would be beneficial for you.

Hi Here, Your words: "Jesus kept the seventh day sabbath, and said He is Lord of the Sabbath Matthew 12, so He set the standards. He did not abolish it, but said it is okay to do good and heal someone on the Sabbath Matthew 12 and Mark 3."

And there is one reason alone why he kept the sabbath. Christ lived and died under the law as a sacrifice to free us from the law.

Your words: "Paul and the other Apostles kept the seventh day Sabbath throughout their ministries and lives Acts 12-20."

Not really, They went to the temple on the sabbath because that is where the most people were gathered in one place at one time which made it easier to share the gospel with the most amount of people at once. It was simply a matter of logistics.

Your words; "No where in the Bible is the seventh day Sabbath abolished or changed NOWHERE! Remember God does not change according to the book of Malachi."

I would suggest a thorough study of Heb. 4 with no preconceptions about the sabbath and see what that tells you. Also study the rest of Hebrews and see what it tells you about the law in general and then take it to heart.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
†. Rom 14:5 . . One man regards one day above another, while another
regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.

In other words: if you're one who thinks Christians should observe the
Sabbath; then more power to you and you don't have explain why; it's your
choice. But if you're one who doesn't think Christians should observe the
Sabbath, then more power to you too; and neither do you have explain
why; it's your choice-- and God forbid that either of you attempt to lay down
the law for other Christians in an attempt to coerce to them to make the
same choices you make for yourselves. That's all the same as usurping Christ's
hard-earned right to make the rules for his followers.

†. Col 2:16-17 . . Let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or
in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

Whether to observe the Sabbath, or not to observe it, is a matter of opinion;
and Christians are strictly forbidden to argue over their opinions.

†. Rom 14:1 . . Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the
purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.

The one who is "weak in faith" never seems to be ourselves; it's always the
other guy who's weak in faith. Well; regardless of which of us is the weak
one, we should both comply with Rom 14:1 in matters of opinion; viz: gray
areas.

Word to the wise: Let the Wookie win one.

Buen Camino
/

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
sojourner4Christ said:
David, a brother, once wrote a tract that, for me, said it best:

title_sabbath.jpg

This tract is being written because we as Christians are living in a very peculiar time. In these last days prior to the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, there is such confusion among so many well meaning and Christian-minded people, and one great point of confusion and contention is regarding the Sabbath.

I have personally been confronted by people who condemned me and my ministry because I did not keep the Sabbath the way they were trying to keep it. There is extremism in any belief system, and that extremism occurs when proponents of a belief system do not accept the whole council of God. In this tract, we will look at the whole council of God on the subject of the Sabbath, which will bring forth a clear understanding of what it is and how it must be kept.

We will now go back to the origin of the Sabbath at the time of the creation as told at the beginning of the book of Genesis. In Genesis 2:1-3 we read, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

One thing that should be immediately noticed is that all of the preceding six days end with the following words, "And the evening and the morning were the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) day." We do not find these words of finality or summation ending the seventh day, because in a perfect world, every day thereafter would be a condition of Sabbath or rest and repose. That day was open-ended! Only sin could take away that condition of Sabbath or rest that was meant for every day, and sadly, that is exactly what happened. Later, we will see how our Lord Jesus restored the perpetual and continual Sabbath to our souls.

The first time we see the word "Sabbath" is in the book of Exodus, and in Exodus 20:8-11, we find that it is given as one of the Ten Commandments as follows: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it."

One primary point that must be noted regarding the Sabbath commandment is that it has nothing to do with going to church! It has only to do with the cessation from work. Nothing more and nothing less. Sinful man was ordered to do nothing on the seventh day. Thus, one day each week he would not be out there committing sin after sin after sin. It was a "do nothing" day, established as such until the Savior would come to give us victory over sin every day of the week and establish rest for our souls by his spirit dwelling within. This could be made possible only through a New Covenant established by the blood of the Lamb of God!

The Old Testament is replete with examples of Sabbath commandments, but in every example, it is under the Old Covenant of a single day of rest, which by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has given way to a Sabbath, where every day is one where we cease from our old works. The Old Covenant, according to Hebrews 8:13, is no more! It reads as follows: "In that he saith, a New Covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

In Galatians 3:24-25, we are exhorted "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER." Thus, the law could lead us to Christ but no further! Those who think that they are keeping the Sabbath as a day must remember that James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." The only one who has ever kept the Sabbath perfectly is Jesus Christ. Man cannot do what He did in keeping the law. The Lord Jesus took the law to Calvary as well as the sin of the world. It was there that the law and all transgressions met, and He bore the sin of many. See Isaiah 53.

Is there a Sabbath after Calvary? Yes! Hebrews 4:9-10 says, "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his." There are two words not found in those verses, "Sabbath" and "day." It is because our rest is no longer a calendar day each week, but every day, which includes the seventh, and thus we keep the Sabbath by living a godly and blood-washed life every day. For we have ceased from our old works. Some people who haven't come to an understanding of what covenant they are under will point out that Paul often went into the synagogues on the Sabbath. If we look at those incidents, however, we see that it was to bring those who hear out of the synagogue and that system of death. Here is what Paul the Apostle said about the seventh day as found in Romans 14:5-6: "One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord, and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it."

We know that the Sabbath law is fulfilled in Jesus Christ and He abides within us. The seventh day Sabbath was not eliminated but fulfilled, and our Savior added six more days to that rest and gave us the timelessness of eternal life. Thus, the seventh day is kept holy with all the other days. We can worship our Lord any day and every day. We know that Sunday is not the Sabbath but rather one of seven days, any of which can be used for worship. Acts 20:7 says, "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

It is my humble prayer that all who read this will realize the joy of keeping all seven days of the week holy and thus fulfill the sacred commandment; for it is not our works but the finished work of Christ that has established the eternal timeless Sabbath of the New Covenant by the power of His blood.

Wow...your brand of "christianity" sure is flexible...you can obey what commandments you want, and trash other ones you do not want...is that what Jesus did for you on the cross...sounds like you are "barking up the wrong tree"...better check the spirit you are actually following as Apostle John said in 1,2,3 John...

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Wow...your brand of "christianity" sure is flexible...you can obey what commandments you want, and trash other ones you do not want...is that what Jesus did for you on the cross...sounds like you are "barking up the wrong tree"...better check the spirit you are actually following as Apostle John said in 1,2,3 John...
I understand why you feel compelled to reply.

However, if you can present anything other than a secular "wow" argument, then I would be interested in dialoging with you on this. My beliefs re: the Sabbath issue are not set in stone. I welcome anything scriptural you might bring to the table, and if I am found by it to be incorrect, then I would be grateful to you for the reproof until the cows come home. In the meantime, you can find me at the Master's table preparing the meat.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Sojourner..you say the seventh day Sabbath is not set in stone..what? You better read Ex 20 again where God wrote the Ten commandments on STONE tablets with His own hand and made the Sabbath commandment 4th "remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy"...while you are at it read Genesis 2 where God CREATED the seventh day of the first week. He blessed it and made it Holy...it is a Holy day, which God created, just like the rest of Creation..a day for His followers to rest, worship Him with prayer, praise songs, fellowship,and with family, and like minded who have come to know the truth, and as Jesus said the truth has made us free..John 8...
You mention "doctrines"...it is suggested you follow the word of God and not man made "doctrines"..Jesus warned the people to follow the commandments of God, and not the traditions of man..Mark 7 and Matthew 15..He goes on to say to those who would sooner follow "doctrines" and traditions of man "then I will say to you in those days depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Matthew 7

Remember always, Salvation is through the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the son god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and are NOT Biblical.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Sojourner...maybe your beliefs are not set in stone, but God law, the ten commandments are "set in stone" as the Bible indicates. But God gave us free will to follow His Commandments or ignore them..choice is ours!

But remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His days and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical.

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
heretoeternity said:
but God law, the ten commandments are "set in stone" as the Bible indicates.
2Cor 3:7-11
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
heretoeternity said:
Sojourner...maybe your beliefs are not set in stone, but God law, the ten commandments are "set in stone" as the Bible indicates. But God gave us free will to follow His Commandments or ignore them..choice is ours!

But remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His days and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical.
Did you actually read the tract that s4c posted ? ... plus the many others posted where it has all been laid out plainly ? No more Sabbath !
It doesn't matter whether or not s4c beliefs are set in stone or not and neither does it matter whether or not the ten commandments were/are
set in stone.
Why ?
Because the time of Law keeping as per being in right-standing with God is a thing of the past, it's over, finished, klaar, it has gone bye-byes
tot siens, arrivedeci, au revoir and dasvidaniya.

I say this especially in the light of your statement;

"But God gave us free will to follow His Commandments or ignore them..choice is ours"

He did not give us free will to follow his commandments or ignore them ... He does not want us to practice them fullstop.
Read Galatians ... if a person does not get it after that, well then they have been bewitched.

sjmopas

Nov 18, 2014
MO
I believe that salvation is only through faith in the person and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, and creator of heaven and earth. I do not believe that Sabbath keeping is a determining factor for or against salvation. And I am a Sabbath keeper. I am a pastor of a Sabbath keeping congregation, where not every person believes in Sabbath keeping. I believe there is a huge difference between going to church and Sabbath keeping, the two are mutuallly exclusive. Biblically the Sabbath can only be kept on the 7th day of every week. The idea that, in Christ we experience Sabbath every day is a wonderful idea, but that "Sabbath" rest is not the same as the 7th day Sabbath. Aside from being a pastor of a Sabbath keeping fellowship, I participate in the praise teams, on Sundays and Wednesdays, of churches from several denominations outside of the one that I serve under. I do not believe that Christ is returning for a denominational or nondenominational fellowship; He is coming back to be with His true followers, from every tribe, tongue, and nation; I think this includes denominational and nondenominational fellowships. This includes people who kept the Sabbath, and people who didn't.

Aside from all that, I would like to make a few comments.

I have always believed that it was the Pharisees, and like people, who made Sabbath keeping a burden, not God. In fact Jesus said that the Sabbath was made for man. To me, that sounds like Jesus is saying that the Sabbath is a gift to humanity from God. I don't think that reality ever changed. Now as I was saying erlier, the idea that we have rest in Christ every day is absolutely true, but that rest is referring to peace with God, and rest from our striving for salvation. It speaks nothing to the weariness of our physical bodies, that we still have to live with. So, a 7th day Sabbath, a gift from God, a day to rest from physical labor, which I might add still points to the finished work of Christ, is still a blessing and distinction for God's children. Not for salvation, but because of salvation.

So, it is absolutely true, you do not have to keep the Sabbath to gain and maintain salvation. At the same time Sabbath keeping is one of the greatest testimonies of God's fullest intentions for humanity, not just physical rest, but spiritual rest. I respect, love, and serve all my brothers and sisters in Christ, even if they disagree with my undersanding of Scripture and the way it applies to our lives today. If the Sabbath remains to be one of God's gifts to humanity, then I say try to keep it for a season. Someone mentioned earlier that the Sabbath was not about going to church, it was about not working, earning a living. That is absolutely right on. Jesus said it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath, so even though I fellowship with other believers on the Sabbath, I don''t specifically consider going to church on Saturday Sabbath keeping. My wife and I try to help others on the sabbath, or connect with folks that don't have family. We do this the rest of the week as we can as well.

That got a lot longer than I intended, sorry.

Love and peace brothers and sisters.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Trekson...been there, done that. I rest my salvation in Yeshua's righteousness alone, because I have none. Nothing I do is but obedience to what G-d has stated.

I only keep those observances that the Ruach haKodesh has asked me to. I am a Messianic Karaite Gentile. That means I believe Yeshua is my Savior. The Karaite is Hebrew for Sola Scriptura, and Gentiles are what we are, not being Jews. I do not demand that others keep the Torah. I am warning you that G-d demands it of Jews, but we Gentiles are not required to keep the Sinai Covenant.

We are, however, bound to the New Covenant, where the Torah is to be written on our hearts. Same Torah, same commandments, same laws in the Books of Moses. The New Covenant that we are entered into in Yeshua contains all the covenants before it...the New Covenant is about the Holy Spirit writing G-d's commandments from the Torah and all of the Scriptures old and new on our hearts, so that we desire to keep them as best we can, as an act of love, and an act of worship. It's not about earning salvation, it's about salvation having come to you, and made a difference in who you are, and what is important...your desires, or G-d's desires for you.

Do you not know that everything that Yeshua did in full obedience to Torah did not die at the cross? The penalty for sin died at the cross, and the curses that go with it, for everyone who believes and trusts in Yeshua. That's by grace, in Yeshua's righteousness.

But Yeshua never suggested that doing as you please would be a sign of love for G-d! On the contrary, Yeshua knew that many would take the grace and righteousness He gave, and forget that the statement "Love the Lord your G-d with all your mind, heart, soul and strength, and your neighbour as yourself" was the complete summation of doing all the commandments that G-d gave. Yeshua warned that people would teach falsely, and so did every Apostle in the New Testament.

When people say that the Law was nailed to the cross, they mean that Yeshua, the living Torah, was nailed to the cross, not G-d's commandments.

Hillel, who was a famous teacher at the time of Christ in Jerusalem is famous for saying the exact same phrase to a seeker who wanted the Torah taught to him while he stood on one foot. Hillel said that these two commandments are all of Torah, and the rest is all commentary.

So, you say you love G-d, but you do not do what He wants. You want to do what you want, and not what the Scriptures say.

Your choice. G-d allows it. Salvation is by faith alone. But true salvation bears fruit, and limbs that bear no fruit are removed from the vine they were grafted into, and burnt. Not my words, Yeshua's.

John 15:1-6 (CJB)
“I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 Every branch which is part of me but fails to bear fruit, he cuts off; and every branch that does bear fruit, he prunes, so that it may bear more fruit.
3 Right now, because of the word which I have spoken to you, you are pruned.
4 Stay united with me, as I will with you — for just as the branch can’t put forth fruit by itself apart from the vine, so you can’t bear fruit apart from me.
5 “I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who stay united with me, and I with them, are the ones who bear much fruit; because apart from me you can’t do a thing.
6 Unless a person remains united with me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, where they are burned up.

You may never hear the word's "Welcome, thy good and faithful servant. Come and enter into My rest."...the Messianic Kingdom if you refuse to do as Yeshua asked...Love the Lord your G-d with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and your neighbor as yourself.

And Yeshua, seeing your blatant dis-obedience may say:

"Matthew 7:21-23 (CJB)
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven,
only those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22 On that Day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord! Didn’t we prophesy in your name? Didn’t we expel demons in your name? Didn’t we perform many miracles in your name?’
23 Then I will tell them to their faces,
‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi Questor, Your words: “I rest my salvation in Yeshua's righteousness alone, because I have none. Nothing I do is but obedience to what G-d has stated[/SIZE].”

[SIZE=10.5pt]As do I.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Your words: “I am warning you that G-d demands it of Jews, but we Gentiles are not required to keep the Sinai Covenant[/SIZE].”

[SIZE=10.5pt]The gospel message came to the Jews first and then to the Gentiles second. Believing that the Jews aren’t offered the same grace as us is ignorance at best, racist, at worst.[/SIZE]

Your words: “[SIZE=10.5pt]It's not about earning salvation, it's about salvation having come to you, and made a difference in who you are, and what is important...your desires, or G-d's desires for you[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt].”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I agree.[/SIZE]

Your words: “[SIZE=10.5pt]But Yeshua never suggested that doing as you please would be a sign of love for G-d![/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]No one here is suggesting any such thing and it certainly can’t be implied by the OP! [/SIZE]

Your words: “[SIZE=10.5pt]When people say that the Law was nailed to the cross, they mean that Yeshua, the living Torah, was nailed to the cross, not G-d's commandments[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt].”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]When one speaks of the law, usually, they are referencing the whole law, not just the ten commandments. The way one relates to the new covenant written in our hearts is different from the way the Jews related to the law, in the physical. So, while the moral laws remain, the rest of the law (the 613 ordinances) were indeed nailed to the cross.[/SIZE]

Your words: “[SIZE=10.5pt]So, you say you love G-d, but you do not do what He wants. You want to do what you want, and not what the Scriptures say[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt].” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You are presuming a lot here. I try my best to obey the relevant scriptures every day and to follow the commandments as Christ taught, which are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Matt. 22:36-40 – “[/SIZE]Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” And

John 13:34 – “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”

These three are the only laws/commandments that believers need to concern themselves with.

Your words: “[SIZE=10.5pt]You may never hear the word's "Welcome, thy good and faithful servant. Come and enter into My rest."...the Messianic Kingdom if you refuse to do as Yeshua asked...Love the Lord your G-d with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and your neighbor as yourself[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt].” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]See, this is one of the problems that I find most law-keepers have and that is a failure to recognize what grace is and the eternal attitude of judging one’s brethren. You assume for some vague reason, I am unsaved because I don’t keep a lawful Sabbath as the Jews were commanded but because I honor Christ every day instead, somehow that’s not enough for you. You also assume that you know the way I live my life but you are clueless, being blinded by those who wish to Judaize you, something Christ forbid. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You say you’re not a Jew yet you try and emulate their way of writing and their terminology. There is absolutely nothing wrong with just being you. A little tidbit of knowledge for you. God is God of this whole world and as such is capable of speaking and hearing in every language known to man. The Hebrew language or Greek language are not some special kind of God-speak and He doesn’t require His children to use them any more than He expects us to pray in “Ye Olde King’s English”. So whenever I see someone trying to seem holy by using ancient terminology, it just shows me that they’re trying to show off their holiness on their own merits, not God’s.[/SIZE]

Reactions: Born_Again
Status
Not open for further replies.