Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture and End Times

Apr 19, 2020
USA
raptureandendtimes.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Working Your Way to Heaven ani.gif

Grace vs. works has been a debate for centuries. Man feels compelled to earn salvation on the basis of works. Because salvation by works appeals to man’s sinful nature, it forms the basis of almost every religion. What does the Bible say?

Attachments

• 1668351911262.png
    1668351911262.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: Benjamin731

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
View attachment 27166

Grace vs. works has been a debate for centuries. Man feels compelled to earn salvation on the basis of works. Because salvation by works appeals to man’s sinful nature, it forms the basis of almost every religion. What does the Bible say?

A mistake many make is they try and equate all works as being alike. Yet all works are not alike: God's works, Satan's works, works of righteousness, works of unrighteousness, obedience to God's will, works of merit, works required by the OT law, good works, works of evil, etc.

So there are many different kinds of works and there is no Bible verse that eliminates all works of all kinds....no verse eliminates God's works, man's obedience or good works from being saved. A serious flaw is made by those who try and equate obedience to God's will as a work of merit. Those who do so are pushing a form of Martin Luther's faith onlyism. Yet nowhere ever in the Bible is man's obedience to God's will called a work of merit for the two are completely different things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Keturah

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
J
View attachment 27166

Jesus said, "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17). I think that is the key: repentance. When we repent, we eliminate a source of trouble in our lives.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't think that's going to happen - if you murder someone, there will be trouble, I'm pretty sure.

Well, what if you are aware of the devil, and his "wiles".... and the word of God that you've ingested and feasted on and lived with becomes such a light for your path that shows you the darkness as the trouble "up ahead", and so you don't do it.
And this is always happening... regarding the born again, if they are walking in the Spirit.......this revealing of "up ahead there is trouble".... "that choice is up ahead".... "don't do that".

There is such a thing as Glory, and there is such a thing as consequence.
The consequence of a deed to a sinner, is never pre-judged... They can't judge because they can't discern.
One of the facets of God given wisdom is the ability to discern. One of the impartations of the Holy Spirit into the born again, is the ability to judge, to discern.
The sinner just plows into the trouble, non-conscious of the consequence, as they are not led of the Holy Spirit away from it.
So, all they have, to lead them, is...>"i want that". ."i must do that'. "Give me that FEELING"..., and that is their guide for life, right into hell.

The Born again, have Jesus in them, who is all wisdom and knowledge, and this Spirit, this Holy Spirit speaks to our understanding, and shows us the consequences of living only for feelings and lusting for more. And in this way, we are shown trouble up ahead, as a choice we dont have to make.
And here is the wonder of it.. Christ in us gives us the power to say "no", "never"....."I wont".
WE dont have that power, but He does, and as Paul says...... "i can do all things THROUGH Christ" including saying NO to trouble, and it's easy to do.
The Holy Spirit, the word of God, Shines LIGHT on what is "up ahead", and protects us from this darkness.
See, just as Jesus is a Light shining out of the Darkness, so the Holy Spirit and the word of God, shine before us into the darkness, lighting our path and keeping us SAFE.

Unbelievers, live blind to consequence. Their path is dark. They have nothing but wrong desires that drive them into the darkness.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, what if you are aware of the devil, and his "wiles".... and the word of God that you've ingested and feasted on and lived with becomes such a light for your path that shows you the darkness as the trouble "up ahead", and so you don't do it.
And this is always happening... regarding the born again, if they are walking in the Spirit.......this revealing of "up ahead there is trouble".... "that choice is up ahead".... "don't do that".

There is such a thing as Glory, and there is such a thing as consequence.
The consequence of a deed to a sinner, is never pre-judged... They can't judge because they can't discern.
One of the facets of God given wisdom is the ability to discern. One of the impartations of the Holy Spirit into the born again, is the ability to judge, to discern.
The sinner just plows into the trouble, non-conscious of the consequence, as they are not led of the Holy Spirit away from it.
So, all they have, to lead them, is...>"i want that". ."i must do that'. "Give me that FEELING"..., and that is their guide for life, right into hell.

The Born again, have Jesus in them, who is all wisdom and knowledge, and this Spirit, this Holy Spirit speaks to our understanding, and shows us the consequences of living only for feelings and lusting for more. And in this way, we are shown trouble up ahead, as a choice we dont have to make.
And here is the wonder of it.. Christ in us gives us the power to say "no", "never"....."I wont".
WE dont have that power, but He does, and as Paul says...... "i can do all things THROUGH Christ" including saying NO to trouble, and it's easy to do.
The Holy Spirit, the word of God, Shines LIGHT on what is "up ahead", and protects us from this darkness.
See, just as Jesus is a Light shining out of the Darkness, so the Holy Spirit and the word of God, shine before us into the darkness, lighting our path and keeping us SAFE.

Unbelievers, live blind to consequence. Their path is dark. They have nothing but wrong desires that drive them into the darkness.
If you murder someone, I'm pretty sure there will be trouble.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Lord shows the way. We have to follow.

When a person, a true believer becomes a real student of the bible, and not a student of Calvin, or a student of their own opinion, or a studend of commentaries, then the word of God that you've ingested and feasted on and lived with becomes such a light for your path that shows you the darkness as the trouble "up ahead", and so you don't do it.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person, a true believer becomes a real student of the bible, and not a student of Calvin, or a student of their own opinion, or a studend of commentaries, then the word of God that you've ingested and feasted on and lived with becomes such a light for your path that shows you the darkness as the trouble "up ahead", and so you don't do it.
We should be students of our Lord.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we should be imitators of Jesus.
Anybody can "act" like Jesus--- that is what religious people try to do...all they can do is "ape" the Behavior of a True Christian while being ignorant of the truly vital thing that " Drives" that behavior --- The Holy Spirit......God is not interested in Spiritual " imitation"..... What God desires to see is Spiritual FRUITION......Fruit grows naturally......Do what Paul says to do....we are to LIVE from " faith to faith" .....start Beliving the Promises of God and ACTING on them ( that is what true faith is) and watch that Fruit begin to grow without you even trying.....

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody can "act" like Jesus--- that is what religious people try to do...all they can do is "ape" the Behavior of a True Christian while being ignorant of the truly vital thing that " Drives" that behavior --- The Holy Spirit......God is not interested in Spiritual " imitation"..... What God desires to see is Spiritual FRUITION......Fruit grows naturally......Do what Paul says to do....we are to LIVE from " faith to faith" .....start Beliving the Promises of God and ACTING on them ( that is what true faith is) and watch that Fruit begin to grow without you even trying.....
Jesus is my Lord, not Paul.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah