Same Sex Marriage Postal Vote Australia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now there is a Same Sex Marriage Postal vote about to take place in Australia, I will be voting no, as I view the normal family as daddy, mommy and me the child, and that's the way God created it to be. It's looking likely to pass though as law that SSM probably will be legalized, as that's what the majority of Australia looks like they want.

Our Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is a Christian, but is strongly supporting the Yes vote, he said "The sky won't fall if the law is changed." Well i think he could be in for a shock looking at the crazy events happening on the other side of the world at the moment, with the hurricanes, flooding, metres of rain in a few days.

If you are in Australia, what will you be voting for & why? And for those in other countries what has been the effects of legalizing same sex marriage?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The effect in all countries will be that by the new generations it will be viewed as normal. This is the Whole point, after all, isn't it? To make what is not normal, normal.

It's the normalization that is different. Nothing else has changed. SS persons have Always lived together.

In the U.S. they are adopting children.
A study last year found that children of SS parents are more likely to commit suicide,
if I remember correctly, about 40% more likely.

When satan rules, the outcome is Always bad. It's Always mixed up, and it Always bring to ruination.

That the abnormal will become normal is the enemies goal.

I ask: Why do most persons approve of this?
Maybe because it's so nice to be modern and accept everything?
Maybe because that Group has worked for decades to get to here?
Little by little works a lot better than all of a sudden.
So here we are.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The effect in all countries will be that by the new generations it will be viewed as normal. This is the Whole point, after all, isn't it? To make what is not normal, normal.

It's the normalization that is different. Nothing else has changed. SS persons have Always lived together.

In the U.S. they are adopting children.
A study last year found that children of SS parents are more likely to commit suicide,
if I remember correctly, about 40% more likely.

When satan rules, the outcome is Always bad. It's Always mixed up, and it Always bring to ruination.

That the abnormal will become normal is the enemies goal.

I ask: Why do most persons approve of this?
Maybe because it's so nice to be modern and accept everything?
Maybe because that Group has worked for decades to get to here?
Little by little works a lot better than all of a sudden.
So here we are.

It seems crazy, as you said little by little, but Australia has really shifted it's position on this topic in the last few years, and now a lot of the mainstream media here seem to be encouraging people to vote yes and celebrating the rise of the LGBT, politicians, schools, big businesses like Qantas airlines, and we see preachers and churches and the Australian Christian Lobby being publicly targeted and condemned on the News and by other famous sports stars, celebs, and other well known people for showing their views and values of true marriage. At least there are still a few high profile people though sticking up for traditional families, but overall the majority seem to be in support of a yes vote. A lot of my generation are in support for gay marriage too, and when i was in school a few years ago, gay marriage wasn't seen as right by the kids around me and marriage was seen between a man and woman, it shows how much it's swung in the last few years.

But I agree with you the outcome would be bad, one thing leads to another, after this, they will want something else, and if the LGBT movement goes any further, this could be a very mixed up world, more mixed up then it already is, imagine a world where boys and girls don't know who is who, who has had a sex change & who hasn't, who is really a real boy, who is a real girl, imagine if that became the norm, future generations of true Christians will really need to know the voice of God and be able to discern supernaturally who is who, otherwise we could see the future generation of Christians getting tricked into unnatural relationships that they don't want to be in, and the truth of boy and girl could get harder and harder for parents to explain to their kids, with schools teaching otherwise and others around them.

It sounds a lot more ridiculous then what a lot of people seem to be making it out to be, but it could get pretty messed up, the world is already in a mess, but if you think it's in a mess now, you ain't seen messed up yet, it will be so far that kind of messed up.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan's ways are contrary to God's ways. The world belongs to Satan.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Satan's ways are contrary to God's ways. The world belongs to Satan.
Satan is the prince of the air.
I guess what you say is not wrong.
He does seem to be in control.

All evil needs to triumph
is for good to do nothing.

Seems like it's too late to do anything....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It seems crazy, as you said little by little, but Australia has really shifted it's position on this topic in the last few years, and now a lot of the mainstream media here seem to be encouraging people to vote yes and celebrating the rise of the LGBT, politicians, schools, big businesses like Qantas airlines, and we see preachers and churches and the Australian Christian Lobby being publicly targeted and condemned on the News and by other famous sports stars, celebs, and other well known people for showing their views and values of true marriage. At least there are still a few high profile people though sticking up for traditional families, but overall the majority seem to be in support of a yes vote. A lot of my generation are in support for gay marriage too, and when i was in school a few years ago, gay marriage wasn't seen as right by the kids around me and marriage was seen between a man and woman, it shows how much it's swung in the last few years.

But I agree with you the outcome would be bad, one thing leads to another, after this, they will want something else, and if the LGBT movement goes any further, this could be a very mixed up world, more mixed up then it already is, imagine a world where boys and girls don't know who is who, who has had a sex change & who hasn't, who is really a real boy, who is a real girl, imagine if that became the norm, future generations of true Christians will really need to know the voice of God and be able to discern supernaturally who is who, otherwise we could see the future generation of Christians getting tricked into unnatural relationships that they don't want to be in, and the truth of boy and girl could get harder and harder for parents to explain to their kids, with schools teaching otherwise and others around them.

It sounds a lot more ridiculous then what a lot of people seem to be making it out to be, but it could get pretty messed up, the world is already in a mess, but if you think it's in a mess now, you ain't seen messed up yet, it will be so far that kind of messed up.
Very well said.

I live in Italy. What happened here is that SSM seemed to be just too much.
There doesn't seem to have been a "proper" preparation here as, for example, in the United States - where I lived through the preparation which started way back in the 60's.

Here they've invented something called a Civil Union.
I do wonder what the difference is.

So the SS partmers have to get married in a civil office and not in a Church.
Why? Are same sex couples allowed to get married in churches in some places on this God's earth??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

P.S.
The left rules.
My Brother refused to believe that the left had infiltrated the news outlets in the U.S. many years ago.

He has since accepted this sad truth.
The news here in Italy make Pres. Trump to be a Mussolini.
Maybe he is not to everyone's liking, but he certainly is NOT Mussolini.
That kind of downgrades Mussolni, doesn't it?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Satan is the prince of the air.
I guess what you say is not wrong.
He does seem to be in control.

It is God's purview to lord over the spirits. They wouldn't be advancing unless God allows it. So it is like he holds them back for a certain time and then let's them loose.

In a way the people open themselves up to being manipulated by the evil spirits in the world by listening to them. And given the fallen nature of man many are decived.

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is God's purview to lord over the spirits. They wouldn't be advancing unless God allows it. So it is like he holds them back for a certain time and then let's them loose.

In a way the people open themselves up to being manipulated by the evil spirits in the world by listening to them. And given the fallen nature of man many are decived.
I'm sorry Iforrest...

I just reread my post and I made a mistake and misspoke.
GOD IS IN CONTROL.
Not satan.

What I meant is exactly what YOU said.
It does seem that people are listening more to satan than God.
In that way, we could say he has control on people these days.

But GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL...
Nothing happens unless God permits it.

Thanks for your post.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We aren't instructed to go out into the world and battle the forces of evil. Quite the opposite actually.

Ephesians 2
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

2 Corinthians 6
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

17 Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

Revelation 18
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

o

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important that Christians keep marriage according to the standard which God directed. Because it is not just a way of living in the world, but a manifestation and an example of our re-uniting with God. If we follow His directions we regain all that we may ever come to lose in the world, and then some, including everlasting life.

The example is of Jesus Christ as the Groom, and those who love Him as the bride. This is the mystery of marriage as designed by God.

But if we go against God's plans for our union with Him, then we will get the marriage we prefer: If man with man, then God with God, and we are left at the alter. If women with women, then mankind with mankind, which is to say...without God, and without eternal life.

This all speaks of intimacy. As a Christian, we should be aware that the biblical definition of "knowing" in an intimate relationship, is the consummation of marriage. If we "know" Christ, it is because we have become One with Him in spirit. In other words, if we are not born again of the spirit of God - He will see us at the alter and say, "I never knew you"...and even worse if we are betrothed to another in an ungodly marriage. These shall be turned away.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
We aren't instructed to go out into the world and battle the forces of evil. Quite the opposite actually.

Ephesians 2
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

2 Corinthians 6
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

17 Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

Revelation 18
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

o
Hi Job

Your verses are good but they don't apply to this situation...
What they're saying is that concept that says that we are IN the world, but we are not PART of the world.

Back in the beginning of Christianty, Christians were taught to REALLY be separated from the world. They had their own communities, they worked together and they really had a Kingdom of God going for themselves. A little bit like the Amish except the Amish are much more separated than the early Christians were.

But today we live AMONG everyone else. Saved and unsaved.
So if we try to remove ourselves what we're really doing is giving the enemy free reign.

If WE do nothing, evil will prevail.
I remember back in the 60's and 70's all the talk shows I would watch had these homesexual people on who ONLY wanted not to get burned while sleeping on a park bench and only wanted to be treated with respect.

Although this is perfectly correct, I could see even then what was on the way.
And were WE, the Christian community, ready for this? No.

About 15-20 years ago we finally woke up. But too late. By then they had everyone convinced that what they wanted was perfectly normal and they deserved what everyone else had. By everyone, I mean a hererosexual couple.

I wonder how old you are and if you're aware of all this.
Do you think we should just sit back and not proclaim what God would want?

Maybe it's His way of making the world come to an end?
That's possible I guess.

If someone says something I know to be wrong, I like to say what is right.
Does this make any sense to you?

Romans 12:21

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Job

Your verses are good but they don't apply to this situation...
What they're saying is that concept that says that we are IN the world, but we are not PART of the world.

Back in the beginning of Christianty, Christians were taught to REALLY be separated from the world. They had their own communities, they worked together and they really had a Kingdom of God going for themselves. A little bit like the Amish except the Amish are much more separated than the early Christians were.

But today we live AMONG everyone else. Saved and unsaved.
So if we try to remove ourselves what we're really doing is giving the enemy free reign.

If WE do nothing, evil will prevail.
I remember back in the 60's and 70's all the talk shows I would watch had these homesexual people on who ONLY wanted not to get burned while sleeping on a park bench and only wanted to be treated with respect.

Although this is perfectly correct, I could see even then what was on the way.
And were WE, the Christian community, ready for this? No.

About 15-20 years ago we finally woke up. But too late. By then they had everyone convinced that what they wanted was perfectly normal and they deserved what everyone else had. By everyone, I mean a hererosexual couple.

Maybe it's His way of making the world come to an end?
That's possible I guess.

If someone says something I know to be wrong, I like to say what is right.
Does this make any sense to you?

Romans 12:21
I am inclined to agree with your stance, that we should even be proactive in holding up a biblical standard. Perhaps it's just me.

But I think I see where @Job is coming from...makes me think of this verse:

Revelation 22:11
He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am inclined to agree with your stance, that we should even be proactive in holding up a biblical standard. Perhaps it's just me.

But I think I see where @Job is coming from...makes me think of this verse:

Revelation 22:11
He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
I understand him too.
I know some persons who won't vote because they don't want to be a part of this world.

Problem is that we ARE a part of it and it's becoming worse and worse.
Proactive is good.

Reactions: ScottA

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe that's what the scriptures are saying. But then I don't have your understanding.

2 Timothy 2
1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
6 The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops.
7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.

Our battles are not with the issues of the world. We were not drafted into the Army of the Lord to go out into the world and proclaim God's hatred for their pagan practices.

Ephesians 6
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

o

Reactions: pia

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there is a Same Sex Marriage Postal vote about to take place in Australia, I will be voting no, as I view the normal family as daddy, mommy and me the child, and that's the way God created it to be. It's looking likely to pass though as law that SSM probably will be legalized, as that's what the majority of Australia looks like they want.

Our Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is a Christian, but is strongly supporting the Yes vote, he said "The sky won't fall if the law is changed." Well i think he could be in for a shock looking at the crazy events happening on the other side of the world at the moment, with the hurricanes, flooding, metres of rain in a few days.

If you are in Australia, what will you be voting for & why? And for those in other countries what has been the effects of legalizing same sex marriage?

I didn't know the hurricanes the gulf coast gets daily every year was due to its support of gay marriage. Irma is over with, and as usual, it didn't live up to the hype. All those people left their homes just because the media was telling them "the sky is falling". The amount of water that dropped on Florida with Irma is business as usual over here in Detroit with the amount of snow we tend to get every other year, where there are times when we measure the snow in feet. Its often worse in other parts of America, like Minnesota. If we were to leave our homes every time we got drenched with precipitation, then we might as well move out to some place where its nice and toasty all year, because we don't belong here. If what Texas and Florida experienced is God's judgement, then I'm not impressed, and neither is it for many who live there that didn't buy into the hype. If gay marriage is legalized in Australia, then so be it, scripture makes it very clear that the sky won't be falling anytime soon regardless. Kick the dust off your feet and move on. We know God wins in the end. :)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is equally disappointing is when Christians blame a fictitious creature (supernatural satan) for something which relates only to nature. When monkeys force mating on either gender, its nothing more than natural impulses, unbridled.

Psychologists commonly refer to the Kinsey scale to describe a person’s sexual orientation, which can range from zero (0) for exclusively heterosexual behavior (behavior is defined to include dreams and fantasies) to six (6) for exclusively homosexual behavior. Any individual rated at different times in life may demonstrate a shift in orientation. More recently the Kinsey Institute has amplified this finding by describing sexual orientation as multidimensional, situational, and contextual.

While the “yes” vote is promoting and supporting immoral behaviour, we do not know if Yahweh (God) wants his Laws diminished prior to the Lord’s coming, or not. I abstain for this reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiwimac

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I am also Australian, but I've decided I'm not getting involved with this.

What I wondered today was, how could they have scientifically tested the impact of same sex relationships on children, when same sex relationships and marriage equality for these couples has been illegal.

It takes along time to test the veracity of any given theory, and longer still to establish them as fact. We don't even understand the fact's around gravity and space, and we've been at that for much longer.

But this all just boils down too matters of the hearts, love and whatnot.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Homosexuality traditionally was considered by Western medicine to be pathological and therefore a diagnosable mental disorder. However, in 1973 the American Psychiatric Association voted to remove the general category of “homosexuality” from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. In the DSM-III (American Psychiatric Association, 1980), the category of “ego-dystonic homosexuality” was introduced subsequently as a still diagnosable mental disorder. An ego-dystonic homosexual is one who has consistent and marked distress about having a homosexual orientation. Therefore, according to DSM-III, individuals who are ego-syntonic (those who accept the homosexual orientation with minimum distress) are not mentally disordered.

Today, many Psychologists are returning to the old method of diagnosis because the suicide rates are overwhelmingly high.

Reactions: breathofdesire

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Josho
I cannot condone the inference that God sends natural disasters because of changes to policy, or redefining marriage. God sends rain on the just and unjust...good to keep that in mind that way unbelievers won't be given cause to judge God unjustly.
Face2Face

Reactions: Job