Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many have been taught that sanctification is a process. But this is a smokescreen. No one gets holier with time. Maybe just holier than thou.

The Catholics also have a smokescreen. They call it "purgatory". But it's the same scheme....only with a different approach

What is the scheme? It is a reference to a denial that we can walk with God in holiness in THIS life...by grace through faith. That is our salvation. To walk with God as Jesus walked. No one does that gradually...it's not by works. It is a gift given to all who surrender themselves fully to God.

There are two paths we can follow...according to the ways of God. These are the ancient paths to walk in.

The way of righteousness. This way is the way of humility, honesty, brokenness and the fear of the Lord. This is the low road

The way of holiness in Christ: This is the narrow way that very few will find. This is the way of resurrection life...to walk as Jesus walked. This is the high road

Now, most believers walk in neither the low road nor the high road...(neither hot nor cold) instead they try to raise themselves up through a religious process...exemplified by Babylon.

The way up is actually down. Only God translates people into the higher walk. No one attains it over time.

We are to receive with MEEKNESS the implanted word. But that's not what happens, in most cases. In most cases a person who begins well gets seduced into placing themselves in a much higher place than they ought to. Let no one esteem himself higher than he should.

All religious efforts end the same way.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified

Hebrews 2:11
For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren
These verses are examples of the higher walk....among those who have been permitted to walk on that level.

quick notes: The "being" in the verses you quoted about the sanctified...are added in by religious translators...who lead you astray. The Greek has no "being" ...that is an invention by bible enthusiasts that are not in the truth.

Either one is sanctified or one is not. There is no 1/4 sanctified or 1/2 sanctified. It's like being pregnant. Either one is or one is not. Or like being dead. same thing

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These verses are examples of the higher walk....among those who have been permitted to walk on that level.

quick notes: The "being" in the verses you quoted about the sanctified...are added in by religious translators...who lead you astray. The Greek has no "being" ...that is an invention by bible enthusiasts that are not in the truth.

Either one is sanctified or one is not. There is no 1/4 sanctified or 1/2 sanctified. It's like being pregnant. Either one is or one is not. Or like being dead. same thing
no. These passages are examples of God growing the people he has perfected forever.

what is it about you and justification? Why do you reject it? How can you think you can possibly be allowed into heaven without it?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no. These passages are examples of God growing the people he has perfected forever.

what is it about you and justification? Why do you reject it? How can you think you can possibly be allowed into heaven without it?
I could ask you why you want so badly to justify yourself? A righteous person is NOT looking to be justified. Only a Pharisee is looking for that.

Jesus chose fisherman and simple people to be His disciples. He chose them because they were NOT looking to be justified. That's why blatant sinners get into the kingdom before religious people.

The good new is meant to be preached to the humble....but too many proud self-justifying types have latched on. So then that's why so many will be cut off on that day.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
View attachment 30422
As a present passive, "being sanctified" is a correct translation.

View attachment 30423
Same syntax here. "the ones being sanctified". Present Passive, happening now, ongoing, and being done to us.

Much love!
That's wrong. It is presently sanctified.

Check KJV and NAS

There is NO evidence of a process here...unless it is in the minds of certain interlopers.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could ask you why you want so badly to justify yourself?
lol. Man, you just go all out don‘t you? Show one post where I have claimed I justify myself.
A righteous person is NOT looking to be justified. Only a Pharisee is looking for that.
a pharisee thought he was justified. Thats why he crucified christ.

There are non righteous no not one, for all have sinned and fall short. I suggest you stop watering down Gods law and realize his standard. You do not make it.

Also remember The tax collector went home justified, not the pharisee, And he went home justified because he called out.. and asked for Gods mercy..

Jesus chose fisherman and simple people to be His disciples. He chose them because they were NOT looking to be justified. That's why blatant sinners get into the kingdom before religious people.

The good new is meant to be preached to the humble....but too many proud self-justifying types have latched on. So then that's why so many will be cut off on that day.
Wow. I mean really wow.. How is a person who is dead in sin justified. How are they redeemed. I would love to hear your defenition of these word.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have been taught that sanctification is a process. But this is a smokescreen. No one gets holier with time. Maybe just holier than thou.

The Catholics also have a smokescreen. They call it "purgatory". But it's the same scheme....only with a different approach

What is the scheme? It is a reference to a denial that we can walk with God in holiness in THIS life...by grace through faith. That is our salvation. To walk with God as Jesus walked. No one does that gradually...it's not by works. It is a gift given to all who surrender themselves fully to God.

There are two paths we can follow...according to the ways of God. These are the ancient paths to walk in.

The way of righteousness. This way is the way of humility, honesty, brokenness and the fear of the Lord. This is the low road

The way of holiness in Christ: This is the narrow way that very few will find. This is the way of resurrection life...to walk as Jesus walked. This is the high road

Now, most believers walk in neither the low road nor the high road...instead they try to raise themselves up through a religious process...exemplified by Babylon.

The way up is actually down. Only God translates people into the higher walk. No one attains it over time.

We are to receive with MEEKNESS the implanted word. But that's not what happens, in most cases. In most cases a person who begins well gets seduced into placing themselves in a much higher place than they ought to. Let no one esteem himself higher than he should.

All religious efforts end the same way.
:D...Is this a change of heart for you? It seems to be. Haven't you been one of those advocating for self-improvement and leaning back on the law?

It doesn't matter. Bravo--praise be to God!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Check KJV and NAS

There is NO evidence of a process here...unless it is in the minds of certain interlopers.
Thats wrong.

It is not in the perfect tense.. It is in the present tense passive, It is God acting within us to sanctify us.

Again, You would do well to look deeper than your english translations.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:D...Is this a change of heart for you? It seems to be. Haven't you been one of those advocating for self-improvement and leaning back on the law?

It doesn't matter. Bravo--praise be to God!
Quite the opposite. The process people are trying to improve themselves is by the flesh. They just accuse me of that to deflect what they are doing back onto me.

Don't believe the propaganda. They are clever, but they don't bear witness to the truth.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Check KJV and NAS

I'm just sharing the syntax. Present Tense Passive Voice is exactly what I said it is.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thats wrong.

It is not in the perfect tense.. It is in the present tense passive, It is God acting within us to sanctify us.

Again, You would do well to look deeper than your english translations.
Like the KJV and the NAS???

Another thing that isn't being understood. By one sacrifice, He has perfected INTO forever (eternity) those who are sanctified.

Check out your own Greek interlinears. It is INTO eternity....which of course ....is Zion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the KJV and the NAS???

Another thing that isn't being understood. By one sacrifice, He has perfected INTO forever (eternity) those who are sanctified.

Check out your own Greek interlinears. It is INTO eternity....which of course ....is Zion.
1678832228122.png
"he has perfected into the finality the one's being sanctified"

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That’s what I was scratching my head over. If he was going to say that then he necessarily would have to strike the “being sanctified” he was fighting for …
Protestants need progressive sanctification the same way Catholics need purgatory....and for the same reason.