Saved by a divine interruption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interruptions are divine instructions.

It's one of my favorite sayings and can be shown many places in the Scriptures.

Proverbs 16:9 KJVS
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

We driving home from visiting my inlaws and we were behind a slow, old car. It was a nicely restored 51' Chevy and they weren't in any hurry. There was only one passing place on the highway for several miles and I pulled out to pass when we got there. No traffic was coming and the way was clear. For some reason I decided not to pass. I just pulled back in behind the Chevy and continued slowly on. I was about to see why I didn't pass when I could have.

A few miles farther on from a road on the right a pickup came tearing onto the highway without slowing down. It sides wiped the old car hitting it right in the passenger door.

I took the license number of the truck as it sped around me. There were three men inside. I called the sheriff and 911. The young couple and their baby in the old car were shook up but no major injuries. My wife held their baby and brushed broken glass from it's blanket. The nice old car was really messed up.

If we had passed that car we would have been hit instead of them. Now I'm not glad they were hit but it's a principle with God that when tragedy strikes He hides his people under the protection of his name.

We didn't know it but my wife was pregnant. A pregnancy we had been waiting on from the Lord. He'd told us two years before He was going to send us a son after 14 years of childlessness. My wife couldn't conceive and we'd had all kinds of tests and procedures. Jesus told us we would though so this was not a normal pregnancy. It was a miracle and we didn't know it had arrived.

If we had been hit by that truck I don't know what would have happened to my wife or our son who was born the next June.

Interruptions are indeed divine instructions.

I hadn't heard any voice or strong urge not to pass that car but somehow I just felt I didn't need to pass that car. God in some way we can't comprehend, tells us what or what not to do. He saved us and our baby by doing that. Satan was angry because God was going to bless us and wanted to kill, steal and destroy but my Heavenly Father wouldn't let him. Thank you Jesus for saving us from harm!

Proverbs 22:3 (NKJV)
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself,
But the simple pass on and are punished.

No need to try and determine how many ways God can speak to us, they are endless. Even to putting tax money in a fishes mouth or telling you not to pass that slow car.

Thank you Lord and praise you!

Reactions: lforrest