Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quotes from
Martin Luther

"Now the article of justification, which is our sole defense, not only against all the force and craft of man, but also against the gates of Hades, is this: that by faith only in Christ, and without works, we are pronounced righteous and saved." LUTHER

"For the gospel does not expressly demand works of our own by which we become righteous and are saved; indeed it condemns such works. Rather the gospel demands faith in Christ: that He has overcome for us sin, death, and hell, and thus gives us righteousness, life, and salvation not through our works, but through His own works, death, and suffering, in order that we may avail ourselves of His death and victory as though we have done it ourselves." LUTHER

"We are not made righteous by doing righteous deeds; but when we have been made righteous we do righteous deeds." LUTHER

"To a believer no law is given by which he becomes righteous before God…because he is alive and righteous and saved by faith, and he needs nothing further except to prove his faith by works. Truly, if faith is there, he cannot hold back: he proves himself, breaks out into good works." LUTHER

"Our faith in Christ does not free us from works, but from the false opinions concerning works; that is, from the foolish presumption that justification is acquired through works." LUTHER

"It ought to be the primary goal of every Christian to put aside confidence in works and grow stronger in the belief that we are saved by faith alone. Through this faith the Christian should increase in knowledge not of works but of Christ Jesus and the benefits of his death and resurrection." LUTHER

* Not a debate, just for sharing and contemplation.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True faith will accompany works, for God prepares them for us. Everything that is good -ones from God.
Amen! We are saved FOR good works and not by good works. (Ephesians 2:8-10) It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine. (James 2:14-26)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well then what are the works?
You will find them throughout the New Testament. As quoted in the OP "We are not made righteous by doing righteous deeds; but when we have been made righteous we do righteous deeds." LUTHER

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it so hard for folks to figure out the simplicity of truth .
We are soley saved by the grace of GOD through faith in Christ JESUS .
There is simply a difference between the true faith that God gives one , verses dead faith .
I lived dead faith once . I could lip His name when needed . Even on occassion could tell others they too need Christ ,
yet i myself was a prisoner of sin and loving it . If our works do not match our faith , ITS DEAD .
For GOD would have given us HIS SPIRIT when HE gave us true faith . AND that would be the proof
The fruit of who we belong too , is very evident .
Many also no longer trust in Christ . They trust in things men taught , but not in Christ .
For example . JESUS warned His own that they must continue in HIM to the end .
SO , i trust HIM and take HIM at His WORD . But many will fight and resist anyone who
would , as did Christ and the apostles , remind folks to continue to the end .
SO my question is , who are we truly trusting in , IS IT THE JESUS WE CLAIM, or is it doctrines of men .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Now the article of justification, which is our sole defense, not only against all the force and craft of man, but also against the gates of Hades, is this: that by faith only in Christ, and without works, we are pronounced righteous and saved." LUTHER
There are far too many Christians who have not properly grasped the Gospel truth of justification.

When a sinner repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work of redemption, God declares that person as righteous. The faith of the believer is accounted to him for righteousness, and at the same time the righteousness of Christ -- indeed the righteousness of God -- is imputed to him.

There was a poster here who mocked and railed at imputed righteousness because he simply did not believe God. And let's face it. Justification by grace through faith is totally foreign to human thinking. Human beings automatically believe that salvation must be earned (just like everything else on earth). But the Gospel of Christ is unique. It says that salvation cannot be earned, no matter how hard we try and how many good works we perform.

Why? Because the penalty for sins must be paid first. And it is only because Christ paid that penalty in full and also shed His precious blood for the remission of sins, that the sinner can be declared as "Not guilty" -- justified by grace through faith.

In addition to that God gives the believer THE GIFT of eternal life. Plus many other spiritual blessing in Christ. And it is only "in Christ" that any of this becomes a reality. Christ must dwell in your heart by faith, and it is only because the indwelling Holy Spirit is given to the believer as a gift, that he or she is deemed righteous.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its important to understand that we are not saved because of our faith, but because of Christs Blood and Gods Grace. Faith is given to realize that !

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quotes from
Martin Luther

"For the gospel does not expressly demand works of our own by which we become righteous and are saved; indeed it condemns such works. Rather the gospel demands faith in Christ: that He has overcome for us sin, death, and hell, and thus gives us righteousness, life, and salvation not through our works, but through His own works, death, and suffering, in order that we may avail ourselves of His death and victory as though we have done it ourselves." LUTHER

"We are not made righteous by doing righteous deeds; but when we have been made righteous we do righteous deeds." LUTHER

"To a believer no law is given by which he becomes righteous before God…because he is alive and righteous and saved by faith, and he needs nothing further except to prove his faith by works. Truly, if faith is there, he cannot hold back: he proves himself, breaks out into good works." LUTHER

"Our faith in Christ does not free us from works, but from the false opinions concerning works; that is, from the foolish presumption that justification is acquired through works." LUTHER

"It ought to be the primary goal of every Christian to put aside confidence in works and grow stronger in the belief that we are saved by faith alone. Through this faith the Christian should increase in knowledge not of works but of Christ Jesus and the benefits of his death and resurrection." LUTHER

* Not a debate, just for sharing and contemplation.
Romald your right with the quote. But understand faith meant trust not acknowledgment as many believe. As far as the post that quotes Faith without works is dead. Is misleading. The works james was referring to was the works of the HS in us. We are God’s workmanship.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True faith produces good works from the heart, worldly faith see's people do it reluctantly or makes excuses for greed its that simple if you love God you do your best to honor the two greatest commandments its like the old lady who put in her last two coins and put in more than all the rich combined money means nothing its where your heart is and it was the same with the rich young ruler he worshipped money with his heart and God with his lips and outward appearance.

Last edited:

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t confuse the work of the flesh with the works of the HS. For many will stand before God and proclaim they did many wonderful works but are cast into the Lake of Fire. They will proclaim they preached, they built many wonderful things unto the Lord and even ate the Lord’s Supper. But all they did was acknowledge God but did not trust him. This is why Many will plead, Lord, Lord in that day.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romald your right with the quote. But understand faith meant trust not acknowledgment as many believe. As far as the post that quotes Faith without works is dead. Is misleading. The works james was referring to was the works of the HS in us. We are God’s workmanship.
Absolutely, I trust and acknowledge that to be true.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think people fail to realize we are saved by grace period. It is but by the grace of God through the redemption in Christ Jesus that was are saved. But God is not going to force it on us he offers it to all people. But his offer is foolishness to the human spirit, to think that God himself would come and pay the debt for mankind that all we have to do is in faith receive this gift and our debt is paid in full is against human logic, that’s why the worlds religions are based on works, how good we are, or what type of religious things we have done

in order to have true saving faith we must become like the tax collector or as Jesus said, poor (bankrupt) in spirit, calling out to God for mercy. Because we have full repented, and realize we have no other option.

This is what the law teaches, God gave moses a list of commands, and said this is what you are to do. Then he made Moses make the children of Israel confirm that they would obey every word (perfection) this is us achievable, only Christ has met this standard. No one else has. So all have sinned and fall short, when we realise this fact, the law tells us then also what must be done, the shed blood of redemption. Which CHrist did on the cross as lamb of God, as Jesus told nicodemus, he must be raised like Moses raised the serpent, that whoever believes has eternal life.

another thing the flesh will never accept. That Jesus paid the debt in full and just saying yes in faith to God one will never hunger or thirst, never die, live forever and has eternal life (john 6). Eternal security is also shunned. As again, people can not believe our sin debt is paid in full and we have nothing we can offer. The human flesh wants to pay its own debt, its proud, its self seeking, and it will reject the true gospel and try to make their own gospel that suits their desires and their beliefs,

that’s why narrow is the gate,

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t confuse the work of the flesh with the works of the HS. For many will stand before God and proclaim they did many wonderful works but are cast into the Lake of Fire. They will proclaim they preached, they built many wonderful things unto the Lord and even ate the Lord’s Supper. But all they did was acknowledge God but did not trust him. This is why Many will plead, Lord, Lord in that day.
"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:22, 23
Jesus was speakingndirectly to the Jews and referring to the Jews who had the prophets, had the Word, were the chosen nation, blessed in all ways. Unbelieving Gentiles won't be coming to him saying these things. It will be the unbelieving Jews who did not help Christians, feed them , clothe them, love them. It will be those stiff necked Jews who rejected Him and all Chrisitianity.
The whole theme of Matthew a message to the Jewish Christian and the churches in Israel, with specifics that were relevant to the Jews, their history. It starts out with Jesus genealogy. This is not to argue that all Christianity receives truth and guidance from this book or Hebrews as well.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:22? 23
Jesus was speakingndirectly to the Jews and referring to the Jews who had the prophets, had the Word, were the chosen nation, blessed in all ways. Unbelieving Gentiles won't be coming to him saying these things. It will be the unbelieving Jews who did not help Christians, feed them , clothe them, love them. It will be those stiff necked Jews who rejected Him and all Chrisitianity.
I think it will be stiff necked Christians also, who thought it was their works which made them righteous before god, hence rejecting the grace of God

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't have Christian works you're not a Christian!

Ephesians 2
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it will be stiff necked Christians also, who thought it was their works which made them righteous before god, hence rejecting the grace of God
You have a point. I think Satan's soul purpose is to keep people away from Christ. If He cannot, then he tries distort their beliefs. If people who live by the Law will be judged by the Law, then at least he accomplished that -he corrupted their path to God, deprived them of salvation - maybe? I think those who are non-trinitarians have received these lies from Satan as well.
We are taught in the Parable of the Sower that not all seed is planted in fertile soil and so does not grow deep roots and mature to produce fruit.
Also, as someone else mentioned, faith is a trust in God to deliver His promises. So those who do not believe OSAS don't have this trust.