Saved Or Predestined ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Are we chosen to be saved? Does God pre-select us according to his will?
Is salvation only for the elect?

I have faith, i believe, I've confessed and repented and accepted Christ as lord and saviour, but am i saved?

If not predestined and apart of his elect? Then all hope faith and trust in Christ is in vain, and comes to nothing.

Ephesians 4:5.
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.

Ephesians 11.
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are we chosen to be saved? Does God pre-select us according to his will? Is salvation only for the elect?
This is what Reformed Theology and Calvinism teach. But it is patently false. All may be saved if all will obey the Gospel.

Predestination and election are for believers "to be conformed to the image of His Son" (Rom 8:29,30). To be transformed into the exact likeness of Christ.

DIVINE FOREKNOWLEDGE
For whom He did foreknow...

PREDESTINATION/ELECTION
...he also did predestinate...

THE PURPOSE OF PREDESTINATION
...to be conformed to the image of his Son...

ALL THE SAINTS TO RESEMBLE CHRIST
...that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

FIRST THE DIVINE CALL THROUGH THE GOSPEL
...Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called...

THEN JUSTIFICATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
...and whom he called, them he also justified...

THEN SANCTIFICATION (NOT MENTIONED HERE)

THEN GLORIFICATION AND PERFECTION
...and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
(that we should be holy and blameless before him)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:13
13 ... God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Are we chosen to be saved?

God Offers Salvation, men freely choose to receive His Offer, or not.

Does God pre-select us according to his will?

No. God Is all-Knowing. He knows Who will and WHO will not "choose to receive His Offering", and He has a place Prepared for each.

Is salvation only for the elect?

God Loves all of His Creations.
And WHEN His Creations Loves Him Back...Chooses/Elects Him...They become His ELECT/ Choice.

His ELECT, have different "roles", so to speak, throughout History...
The House of David is His Elect...
Abraham is His Elect...
Moses is His Elect...
The Tribes, called Israel are His Elect...
The Apostles are His Elect...
Mary is His Elect...
Christ's Church is His Elect...
The 144,000 are His Elect...
Etc.

Because God is "their" Elect.
1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

I have faith, i believe, I've confessed and repented and accepted Christ as lord and saviour, but am i saved?

The condition...is what you mentioned.
The "caveat" IS: that your Confession is a True Belief from your Truth in your Heart...
That being the case, then "Yes" you have received The Lord Gods Salvation...

If not predestined and apart of his elect? Then all hope faith and trust in Christ is in vain, and comes to nothing.

Predestined ... is God knowing what men do not yet know...He has already Prepared a place for all.

Ephesians 4:5.
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.

Ephesians 11.
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.[/QUOTE]

Yes, He choses each whom He Knows will be born, and IF they will choose Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Josho
Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all so much for your encouraging and comforting replies. How scripture gives us so much confidence.. praise God.

God bless.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all so much for your encouraging and comforting replies. How scripture gives us so much confidence.. praise God.

God bless.

You don't get saved just because God felt like saving you, like some mafia boss or something.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 16:4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe every human being gets a choice, John 3:16 is a decision, we get to choose whether we want to believe in the Lord Jesus or not.
John 12:39-40
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@kcnalp If you believe in predestination on who gets saved, what kind of message does it send? If you believe people are predestined to for Heaven or Hell, what's the point of Evangelism?

You see what I am getting at here?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are predestined will understand.

Yes, When God Grants the understanding - not before then. Same as always.

Same concerning understanding what predestination is, God's Way,

and not the so-called 'doctrines of man' predestination, nor any man-made doctrines that go along with it, contrary to God's Meaning and Purpose.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course, from eternity!

I should have said natural birth, because that's what I meant, do you believe people are predestined as babies from natural birth? Should we just sit and watch the world fall away?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Predestined" or not, as someone just wrote me in another thread, God's gonna do what God wants to do, and we have no say in it. (He offered that from the book of Job, I believe.)

Reactions: bbyrd009

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should have said natural birth, because that's what I meant, do you believe people are predestined as babies from natural birth? Should we just sit and watch the world fall away?
No, we should seek God with all our heart!

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.