Saved to perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading many posts here, this is what the Christian walk seems to boils down to.

"Now that I have been saved from sin and hell, if I don't perform well enough, I am sinning and in danger of going to hell."

Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading many posts here, this is what the Christian walk seems to boils down to.

"Now that I have been saved from sin and hell, if I don't perform well enough, I am sinning and in danger of going to hell."

why, is that what you believe? Now that you have been saved from sin and hell, if you don't perform well enough, you are sinning and in danger of going to hell?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... so ?
Most of Christendom has said that or worse for over a thousand years worldwide.....
(if they even admit/ confess/ testify that they are ever saved from sin and hell yet (while on earth) )

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why, is that what you believe? Now that you have been saved from sin and hell, if you don't perform well enough, you are sinning and in danger of going to hell?
That appears to be much of the advice/warnings I read here.
As an overly obvious example..."Now that you are saved, you must pray and fast, otherwise, you may not make it to heaven."

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so ?
Most of Christendom has said that or worse for over a thousand years worldwide.....
(if they even admit/ confess/ testify that they are ever saved from sin and hell yet (while on earth) )
So? it simply is not true and a little light on the matter never hurt.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? it simply is not true and a little light on the matter never hurt.
< so > I was perhaps just wondering if you thought it unusual, strange, or unexpected to find

something (anything) untrue so frequently posted on this forum ?

Reactions: prism

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Actually outer darkness. A believer in Christ has passed from death to life. But there is no guarantee on what that life will be like. We reap as we sow.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually outer darkness. A believer in Christ has passed from death to life. But there is no guarantee on what that life will be like. We reap as we sow.
I take it your not a fan of 'hell', torment, fire, and all that stuff for eternity?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
May the Lord continue to draw you into His loving embrace so that you can know Him and be secure in knowing what that means for your life.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That appears to be much of the advice/warnings I read here.
As an overly obvious example..."Now that you are saved, you must pray and fast, otherwise, you may not make it to heaven."

and your point is?

there are many Catholics and spinoffs of Catholicism that teach such within the catholic church itself there are conflicting theologies. so what.

are you going to gripe about what others believe or you going to work on changing that, with clarity in the Word.

Reactions: Jacob Marley

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second death has no torment in it. It is a death. But there is an eternal darkness reserved for they who have displeased the Lord among HIS people.
Interesting. These aren't to experience the 2nd death?

Revelation 14:9-10 KJV
[9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, [10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and your point is?

there are many Catholics and spinoffs of Catholicism that teach such within the catholic church itself there are conflicting theologies. so what.

are you going to gripe about what others believe or you going to work on changing that, with clarity in the Word.
I'm working on it in my style, or are you going to gripe about my M.O.?

Reactions: marks