Scathing website about Mitt Romney and Mormonism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading something else and came across a horrible article about Mitt Romney and his faith. Apparently a number of Christian colleges supported Romney. I never knew much about the Mormon religion but apparently the old men are banishing the young men from the faith so they can get the young girls:

Mormons Lost Boys

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading something else and came across a horrible article about Mitt Romney and his faith. Apparently a number of Christian colleges supported Romney. I never knew much about the Mormon religion but apparently the old men are banishing the young men from the faith so they can get the young girls:

Mormons Lost Boys
*Actual member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here (nicknamed "Mormon"). The same church that Mitt Romney belongs to (in fact my uncle taught Romney's boys as their youth group leader).

This article is talking about a something going on in a completely different church that the one Romney or I attend or the one in which any other Mormon you'll randomly meet does. This is article is on the Warren Jeffs' lead Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (italicized by me to emphasize). It's a radical sect tiny that broke away decades ago and has HUGE differences with my church's beliefs.

For a huge glaring example: polygamy. Warren Jeffs' group is notorious for not only polygamy, but forcefully marrying young girls (<16) to old men. Romney's and my church: if you marry a second wife, that's grounds for instant excommunication. Likewise for molesting an underage person.

Another example: socialization. The pictures you see of Warren Jeffs' group are closed communities of people dressed straight out of "A little house of the prairie" shunning the outside world. I'm sitting here on a computer, dressed in jeans, and about to take my daughter to the local Burger King. My fellow congregants likewise are dressed in normal clothes, living normal lives, fighting first-world-cell-phone addiction like many other folks nowadays. Get a education, take the kid to soccer, fail to keep that New Years Resolution, etc.

Warren Jeffs group is disgusting, and if we're going to have a pitch-fork-burn-them-party, count this "Mormon" in.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Mormons Lost Boys

If you keep reading all these negative things in"the news"...you will drive yourself nuts!

Philippians 4
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. " ✟

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, to make you feel better @Soverign Grace , unless you go to one of Warren Jeff's groups' towns, you'll never run into a politician from the group described in the link (they cloister themselves off).

This is different than people who attend the same church as Romney, who you'll see all over the political spectrum.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion plays a huge role in politics.

I dealt with it as mayor with people that hated Christianity.

Democrats claim to be fair, but if you're a real Christian they will not support you.

First of all let me make it clear I do not support Mitt Romney because of his politics, not his religion. But it is obvious his religion does affect his politics.

Mitt Romney is a temple Mormon so defeating him in Utah is probably near impossible.

He is a liberal leaning centrist. He was elected governor in Massachusetts where conservatives don't elected.

Remember he bragged about Romneycare and now claims we got Obamacare because of his Romneycare.

Now he is attacking Trump. That does not mean I consider Trump a Christian or as conservative as I wish. It is just another sign of his liberalness and how he wants to be President.

He replaced McCain, who was also more liberal than conservative.

Politics really muddled now.

The Republican Party is no longer conservative as a whole. And I would say 95% in office who claim to be Christian are not.

The Democrat Party is atheist and new age.

These truly are the days of apostasy and the rapture is near.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Actual member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here (nicknamed "Mormon"). The same church that Mitt Romney belongs to (in fact my uncle taught Romney's boys as their youth group leader).

This article is talking about a something going on in a completely different church that the one Romney or I attend or the one in which any other Mormon you'll randomly meet does. This is article is on the Warren Jeffs' lead Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (italicized by me to emphasize). It's a radical sect tiny that broke away decades ago and has HUGE differences with my church's beliefs.

For a huge glaring example: polygamy. Warren Jeffs' group is notorious for not only polygamy, but forcefully marrying young girls (<16) to old men. Romney's and my church: if you marry a second wife, that's grounds for instant excommunication. Likewise for molesting an underage person.

Another example: socialization. The pictures you see of Warren Jeffs' group are closed communities of people dressed straight out of "A little house of the prairie" shunning the outside world. I'm sitting here on a computer, dressed in jeans, and about to take my daughter to the local Burger King. My fellow congregants likewise are dressed in normal clothes, living normal lives, fighting first-world-cell-phone addiction like many other folks nowadays. Get a education, take the kid to soccer, fail to keep that New Years Resolution, etc.

Warren Jeffs group is disgusting, and if we're going to have a pitch-fork-burn-them-party, count this "Mormon" in.
That's interesting. I always thought Mormons were polygamists. I don't know anything about it, only from a show I watched one time that wasn't even a true story. Then I happened across this article and thought I should share it.

I don't like Romney because he seems to blow with the wind. So Mormonism isn't a cult?

Reactions: Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you keep reading all these negative things in"the news"...you will drive yourself nuts!

Philippians 4
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. " ✟
I happened across the article when reading something else. The news is depressing. I don't read it every day anymore because it's too much for my sensitive spirit. But when I come across something that I think may have relevance - such as who Christians are going to vote for in the future, I try to share it. I'm shocked at the reasons people vote. Christians are woefully uninformed. I was talking with someone at our bible study - a really sweet lady, who voted Democrat. I told her a few things about what they stand for and she was uninformed. So I see it as our duty to share what we learn. Look at the mess that's been made of the world. If Christians aren't the restraining power and are actually fighting against other Christians and working on the opposite side they're going to harm the cause of Christ. I think too many Christians abdicate their responsibility here. A friend told me look at how one woman - Madelyn O'Hare had prayer taken out of schools. Where were the Christians? They were all asleep! Maybe they all took a lackadaisical attitude. Maybe they all thought that "someone else" was going to do it for them. I believe as Christians it's our duty to be a restraining force.

But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, to make you feel better @Soverign Grace , unless you go to one of Warren Jeff's groups' towns, you'll never run into a politician from the group described in the link (they cloister themselves off).

This is different than people who attend the same church as Romney, who you'll see all over the political spectrum.
I don't know anything about it - I saw the article and thought I'd share it. But it's good to hear both sides of it. "He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him." I always like looking for the truth with my own eyes. I think in a case where someone may be elected to office it's important to know what they stand for. Although anymore I don't think our votes count for a whole lot, maybe some.

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Joseph Stalin)

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion plays a huge role in politics.

I dealt with it as mayor with people that hated Christianity.

Democrats claim to be fair, but if you're a real Christian they will not support you.

First of all let me make it clear I do not support Mitt Romney because of his politics, not his religion. But it is obvious his religion does affect his politics.

Mitt Romney is a temple Mormon so defeating him in Utah is probably near impossible.

He is a liberal leaning centrist. He was elected governor in Massachusetts where conservatives don't elected.

Remember he bragged about Romneycare and now claims we got Obamacare because of his Romneycare.

Now he is attacking Trump. That does not mean I consider Trump a Christian or as conservative as I wish. It is just another sign of his liberalness and how he wants to be President.

He replaced McCain, who was also more liberal than conservative.

Politics really muddled now.

The Republican Party is no longer conservative as a whole. And I would say 95% in office who claim to be Christian are not.

The Democrat Party is atheist and new age.

These truly are the days of apostasy and the rapture is near.

I'm seeing that Christians are hated - I see it growing worse. I can't imagine holding public office where you're a lightning rod. I had been thinking naively before, that if others saw you doing good they would want that too. What a lesson. No matter how much good you do, you'll be hated because some don't have the eyes to see. White is black and black is white nowadays in some quarters. One of my children had a liberal professor who made them read some book and told the class that if they still believed in God after reading it they were stupid. I'm now struggling to un-do the damage. I don't know how they get away with foisting their beliefs onto vulnerable students. So to pass the class - which they all want to do - they conform to the will of the professor.

I read that Romney attacked Trump in an op-ed - he's probably setting up to run for President. I don't like Romney because I read he's a closet-liberal. And I didn't like the things I read about McCain. I did a little digging and found this on Romney:

http://themillenniumreport.com/2019...deep-state-agent-and-stealth-potus-candidate/

This writer warned there is a lack of discernment in the church today and Christians are fooled by those such as Romney:

Mitt Romney Is Hiding A Secret He Does Not Want You To Know

Romney's secret underwear:

Apartment 3 Gazette: Romney Tweets Picture of Magic Mormon Underwear

I think Christianity has been blended with the world so much so as to dilute it and make it ineffective and I agree with your assessment. The apostasy is so great that I keep waiting and waiting, wondering when God is going to act. I was talking to a family member who was discouraged because he said that so many people are unethical now that it's hard to run a business. It makes me wonder if that verse applies that the days would be shortened because of the evil in the last days.

Reactions: Acolyte

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happened across the article when reading something else. The news is depressing. I don't read it every day anymore because it's too much for my sensitive spirit. But when I come across something that I think may have relevance - such as who Christians are going to vote for in the future, I try to share it. I'm shocked at the reasons people vote. Christians are woefully uninformed. I was talking with someone at our bible study - a really sweet lady, who voted Democrat. I told her a few things about what they stand for and she was uninformed. So I see it as our duty to share what we learn. Look at the mess that's been made of the world. If Christians aren't the restraining power and are actually fighting against other Christians and working on the opposite side they're going to harm the cause of Christ. I think too many Christians abdicate their responsibility here. A friend told me look at how one woman - Madelyn O'Hare had prayer taken out of schools. Where were the Christians? They were all asleep! Maybe they all took a lackadaisical attitude. Maybe they all thought that "someone else" was going to do it for them. I believe as Christians it's our duty to be a restraining force.

But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
I do admire your dedication to research and our republic duty to vote. Might I suggest though, in order to save yourself a lot of unnecessary worry, that it’s best to think about who to vote for after they’ve announced they’re running and when/where you have the opportunity to vote? That way you’re still maintaining your civil responsibilities, but not needlessly harming your faith and sensitive spirit.

Also, getting information from the highest quality sources is always a good thing.

Reactions: Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Mormonism isn't a cult?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints isn't remotely a cult, despite all the crazy rumors the haters put out there. Like you'd be amazed how many people honestly think I have horns. I'll go through and address some of those crazy hater rumors I'm seeing in this thread.
That's interesting. I always thought Mormons were polygamists.
Nope. We believe VERY adamantly that marriage is between a man and a woman, legally and lawfully married. Not more people then that, and not same-sex. Along that same note: all sexual activity is to be reserved for such a marriage. No fortification, no "living together", etc. These are VERY adamant stances and ones we take a lot of attacks from other folks over.
This writer warned there is a lack of discernment in the church today and Christians are fooled by those such as Romney:

Mitt Romney Is Hiding A Secret He Does Not Want You To Know
Speaking of haters spreading false rumors! Yeah, everything this guy writes here is totally false- laughably so actually. Ed Decker's writings are likewise complete hogwash.
If you want me to go over any specific of the false claims here, just let me know and I'd be happy to talk about them.
Romney's secret underwear:
Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints don't were "secret" or "magic" underwear. Rather wear religious garbs under regular day-to-day clothes that aren't remotely magical or secret. Instead they serve the purpose of being a reminders of God and the individuals devotion to Him. Good video/article on this Mormon Underwear is the Temple Garment and is Sacred to Members

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reminds me of some lyrics to a song of Keith Green titled, Asleep In The Light:
"...Open up, open up and give yourself away
You see the need, you hear the cries so how can you delay?
God's calling and you're the one but like Jonah you run
He's told you to speak but you keep holding it in

Can't you see it's such a sin?
The world is sleeping in the dark that the church just can't fight
'Cause it's asleep in the light

How can you be so dead, when you've been so well fed
Jesus rose from the grave and you, you can't even get out of bed
Jesus rose from the dead, come on, get out of your bed

How can you be so numb not to care if they come
You close your eyes and pretend the job's done
You close your eyes and pretend the job's done
Don't close your eyes, don't pretend the job's done..."

Reactions: Soverign Grace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormonism is absolutely a cult.

Temple Mormons are taught there are multitudes of other gods on other worlds that they created.

To Christ and Satan are brothers born to a God and one of his wives on another planet.

The holy underwear, secret vows and other things it seems so outlandish are actually true and taught in the temple.

A temple Mormon marries many women in a celestial temple ceremony so as to be able to produce enough offspring to populate their planet if they achieve godhood.

Such a wife is dependent on her husband to call her out of the grave and resurrection.

You and I have spirits that were produced by sexual intercourse of God the father and wanting his wives. Later we were sent into human mothers to produce our physical bodies. Of course, you don't remember your preexistence.

Salt Lake City Mormons stopped polygamy due to political pressure. They now admit Blacks political and social pressure.

The book of Mormon is another part of the Bible in their beliefs.

Of course you have to become a temple Mormon learn all of this. And only men can become Temple Mormons.

The Book of Mormon claims there were horses, elephants, pigs and other animals in the Americas that never were here in old OT times.

It also claim they had transparent glass, which in fact was not invented until centuries later.

They also believed American Indians were Jews who journeyed here in BC times. Which science has will blown out of the water a long time ago.

Being half Indian I always knew the claim was nonsense.

They teach the New Jerusalem will be in Independence, Missouri.

The actually began building The temple but were evicted.

You may find this interesting:
Differences between three different types or Mormons

Jackson County temple lot saga

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormonism is absolutely a cult...
@CoreIssue , every single statement you've post here is false (either being blatantly untrue or bastardly misconstrued or other). If you're interested in getting your facts straight from a very well studied temple attending LDS Christian, you're welcome to ask me. In fact I'd be thrilled to have a lengthy PM conversation with you setting the record straight. I know I've offered this to you many many times as you continue to repost these "facts", only to have my offer ignored every time, but nonetheless I offer again :)

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue , every single statement you've post here is false (either being blatantly untrue or bastardly misconstrued or other). If you're interested in getting your facts straight from a very well studied temple attending LDS Christian, you're welcome to ask me. In fact I'd be thrilled to have a lengthy PM conversation with you setting the record straight. I know I've offered this to you many many times as you continue to repost these "facts", only to have my offer ignored every time, but nonetheless I offer again :)

You are not a Temple Mormon being a woman.

Try joining one of these in discussing the issue.

eX Mormons Temple at DuckDuckGo

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeat, as a woman you are not a temple Mormon and thus not taught the secret rites and teachings.
Actually I attend and participate fully in all forms of worship (including at the temple) as much as any male person.

Again, if you're interested in getting your facts straight, I'm happy to straight things out. In fact I'd be thrilled to have a lengthy PM conversation with you setting the record straight.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Jane!
I know I am just jumping in here and I mean no disrespect. I am (as you yourself are) interested in other beliefs. If for anything else, to debunk lies and exaggerations. I know next to nothing about LDS beliefs (except what one might hear in passing, and that makes the truth NOT! lol)- and why they believe what they do. I hesitate to call anything a "cult". I believe Jesus will be picking from many folds! I would love to hear what Coreissue has to say as well as yourself, I am NOT agreeing or disagreeing with either one of you, it is not my place to judge you in that way! But...I would love to see a discourse on this subject with one who lives it ♥

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane!
I know I am just jumping in here and I mean no disrespect. I am (as you yourself are) interested in other beliefs. If for anything else, to debunk lies and exaggerations. I know next to nothing about LDS beliefs (except what one might hear in passing, and that makes the truth NOT! lol)- and why they believe what they do. I hesitate to call anything a "cult". I believe Jesus will be picking from many folds! I would love to hear what Coreissue has to say as well as yourself, I am NOT agreeing or disagreeing with either one of you, it is not my place to judge you in that way! But...I would love to see a discourse on this subject with one who lives it ♥
I'm happy to clarify :)
Did you want me to just come out and state what it I actually believe (my preference), or did you want me to go through CI's statements, or both or _______.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy