Scientist Accused Of Playing God After Creating Artificial Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scientist accused of playing God after creating artificial life by making designer microbe from scratch - but could it wipe out humanity?

By Fiona Macrae
Last updated at 3:33 PM on 3rd June 2010

Scientists today lined up to air their fears over a genome pioneer's claims that he has created artificial life in the laboratory.
In a world first, which has alarmed many, maverick biologist and billionaire entrepreneur Craig Venter, built a synthetic cell from scratch.
The creation of the new life form, which has been nicknamed 'Synthia', paves the way for customised bugs that could revolutionise healthcare and fuel production, according to its maker.
But there are fears that the research, detailed in the journal Science, could be abused to create the ultimate biological weapon, or that one mistake in a lab could lead to millions being wiped out by a plague...

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0t8Ologx7

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Scientist accused of playing God after creating artificial life by making designer microbe from scratch - but could it wipe out humanity?

By Fiona Macrae
Last updated at 3:33 PM on 3rd June 2010

Scientists today lined up to air their fears over a genome pioneer's claims that he has created artificial life in the laboratory.
In a world first, which has alarmed many, maverick biologist and billionaire entrepreneur Craig Venter, built a synthetic cell from scratch.
The creation of the new life form, which has been nicknamed 'Synthia', paves the way for customised bugs that could revolutionise healthcare and fuel production, according to its maker.
But there are fears that the research, detailed in the journal Science, could be abused to create the ultimate biological weapon, or that one mistake in a lab could lead to millions being wiped out by a plague...

...]

Well, I have my doubts! People have claimed to have created "life" before and when everything was said and done, the truth was different.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have my doubts! People have claimed to have created "life" before and when everything was said and done, the truth was different.

I don't have much doubt about it. There is a lot of "Frankenstein" research going on nowadays in one form or another. Most of it we aren't told about.