1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scripture Buddies

Discussion in 'Praise Forum' started by Mayflower, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The goal is to send an uplifting scripture or passage as often as possible via pm (without taking over the inbox. Like Id have mine all in one pm and send a verse a day when I am on, but it doesnt have to be that often.).

It is like an accountability partner to share prayer requests with/check on, etc. Girls with girls/guys with guys. No secret buddy thing. That went well, but that element doesnt work the best on a forum. :D

Goals:

-to practice encouraging and building up one another
    -to practice praying for one another
    -pen pal sort of thing
    -can be ongoing or we can set a time and change buddies.

amadeus likes this.
  2. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
  3. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @"ByGrace" - Proverbs 25:11
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
    @Nancy- Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

@farouk- Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

@Philip James- Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

@Truth- Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

@Hidden In Him- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

@bbyrd009- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

@Dave L-Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.

farouk, amadeus, "ByGrace" and 2 others like this.
  4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Awwwwwwwwwww! ♥♥♥

"ByGrace" likes this.
  5. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Thank you...and may the glory of the Lord bless you double, and anoint your eyes and ears in your calling.

Nancy and Heart2Soul like this.
  6. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Amen, thank you I receive that in Jesus Name!

"ByGrace" likes this.
  7. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

More great verses there! :)

8. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

Yes, this is encouraging, because by faith we learn that what matters is that we are chosen, rather than the fact that we may be greatly afflicted.

Heart2Soul and "ByGrace" like this.
  9. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Amen...good point :) Thumb.gif

Heart2Soul and farouk like this.