Scripture songs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many writing tablets I have stored in boxes from my days when I sat under a systematic presentation of the first principles. The class of less than a dozen Bible students heard the same spoken teaching every day for five days, and on the sixth day, each of us stood before the class to present what it was that was taught that week. To complete the full scope of the teachings required attendance to classes for 1.5 years.

Twice daily meetings meant I needed some way to pay the rent, so during the days, one of the students and I worked cutting grass, laying sod, weeding beds, trimming trees and hedges, and edging in a landscape company we began ourselves. We prospered enough to create for a contractor lawns and beds for new homes and hired part time crews.

Due to the repetitive nature of our studies, it was by rote that I memorized a good portion of the Bible. That was in the latter 70s, and yet I can still recall much of those texts. Some might ask, "Yea, you might know a l lot of verses, but do you live them?"

Please tell me how one is to live the verse, "At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar"? (1 Chron. 26:18)

This reminds me of a brother I knew in those days who was attending Luther Rice Seminary in Jacksonville. It was very popular to put music to Scriptures back then which we sang during praise and worship times. This brother, whose name I forget, used to compose songs from the most shallow verses. In fact, the quote above is from one of his tunes. Now, how hilarious is that? He didn't mock in any way, and, to be honest, it was both funny and encouraging.

I play guitar, and one day I thought I would do as my friend. I put a chord arrangement to a few of those verses in 1 Chron. 26: "To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came forth westward, with the gate Shallecheth, by the causeway of the going up, ward against ward. Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward Asuppim two and two."