Scriptures that Arians, Semi-Arians, Unitarians, WTS/JW, etc., Don't Want You to Know About #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures that Arians, Semi-Arians, Unitarians, WTS/JW, etc., Don't Want You to Know About #1

This thread is not about "trinitarianism". I am not a 'Trinitarian' (Roman Catholic Definition), and do not accept Nicene Creedalism. Any argument started about "trinitarianism" or Nicea has left the OP topic, and is merely wasting time or straw-manning a position not held by the OP.

The scripture (KJB) teaches that there are 3 eternal Heavenly Persons/Beings that work together, the eternal Heavenly Trio. The eternal Heavenly family. JEHOVAH Elohiym.

[1] The Being/Person of the Father (aka "the Ancient of Days" (Daniel 7:9,13,22), "the only true God" ("τον μονον αληθινον θεον"; "ton monon alethinon theon" of John 17:3, "τον θεον", "ton theon" of John 1:1b); "God said" (Genesis 1:3) - JEHOVAH

[2] The Being/Person of the Son (aka "Jesus", "the Son of Man" (Matthew 16:13), "the only begotten Son" ("ο μονογενης υιος"; "o monogenes uios" of John 1:18), "the Word was God" ("θεος ην ο λογος"; "theos en o logos" of John 1:1c; "God made" (Genesis 1:7)) - Jesus JEHOVAH (Genesis 49:18; Exodus 14:13; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Jonah 2:9; Psalms 119:174)

[3] The Being/Person of the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH (aka "another Comforter" (John 14:16), "the Spirit of truth" (John 14:17), "the Comforter ... the Holy Ghost" (John 14:26); "the Spirit of God" (Genesis 1:2), "God saw" (Genesis 1:31)) - The Holy Spirit of JEHOVAH.
The first text/passage to consider is:

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?​

Zec 3:1 ויראני את־יהושׁע הכהן הגדול עמד לפני מלאך יהוה והשׂטן עמד על־ימינו לשׂטנו׃
Zec 3:2 ויאמר יהוה אל־השׂטן יגער יהוה בך השׂטן ויגער יהוה בך הבחר בירושׁלם הלוא זה אוד מצל מאשׁ׃

Zec 3:1 waYar'ëniy et-y'hôshuª haKohën haGädôl omëd lif'nëy mal'akh' y'hwäh w'haSä†än omëd al-y'miynô l'si†'nô
Zec 3:2 waYomer y'hwäh el-haSä†än yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haSä†än w'yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haBochër Biyrûshäläim hálô zeh ûd muTZäl mëësh
Three "LORD", "יהוה", "y'hwäh", "JEHOVAH" are mentioned in Zechariah 3:2.

It is not one LORD mentioned 3 times, it is obvious that even one LORD that is standing on earth is speaking about another LORD in heaven, who is in agreement with another LORD. It is 3 Persons/Beings, each identified as an Individual or Personal "LORD".

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another passage:

Hosea 1:4 KJB - And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

Hosea 1:5 KJB - And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.

Hosea 1:6 KJB - And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

Hosea 1:7 KJB - But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.​

I will even cite them from the NWT for the WTS, Jehovah Witnesses reading:

Hosea 1:4-7 NWT - 4 Then Jehovah said to him: “Name him Jezʹre·el,* for in a little while I will hold an accounting against the house of Jeʹhui for the acts of bloodshed of Jezʹre·el, and I will put an end to the royal rule of the house of Israel.j 5 In that day I will break the bow of Israel in the Valley* of Jezʹre·el.” 6 She conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. And He told him: “Name her Lo-ru·haʹmah,* for I will no longer show mercyk to the house of Israel, because I will certainly drive them away.l 7 But I will show mercy to the house of Judah,m and I will save them by Jehovah their God;n I will not save them by bow or by sword or by war or by horses or by horsemen.”o - [NWT]

Sidenote: In the NWT reference 'bible', in vs 6, "He*" "*He - Jehovah."

In other words, the NWT says (if we fill in the Pronouns, verse 7 reads), "JEHOVAH will save the House of Judah by JEHOVAH the House of Judah's God.

The Hebrew OT:

Hosea 1:4 HOT - ויאמר יהוה אליו קרא שׁמו יזרעאל כי־עוד מעט ופקדתי את־דמי יזרעאל על־בית יהוא והשׁבתי ממלכות בית ישׂראל׃
Hosea 1:5 HOT - והיה ביום ההוא ושׁברתי את־קשׁת ישׂראל בעמק יזרעאל׃
Hosea 1:6 HOT - ותהר עוד ותלד בת ויאמר לו קרא שׁמה לא רחמה כי לא אוסיף עוד ארחם את־בית ישׂראל כי־נשׂא אשׂא להם׃
Hosea 1:7 HOT - ואת־בית יהודה ארחם והושׁעתים ביהוה אלהיהם ולא אושׁיעם בקשׁת ובחרב ובמלחמה בסוסים ובפרשׁים׃​

The Hebrew OT Translit.:

Hosea 1:4 HOT Translit. - waYomer y'hwäh ëläyw q'rä sh'mô yiz'r'el Kiy-ôd m'a† ûfäqad'Tiy et-D'mëy yiz'r'el al-Bëyt yëhû w'hish'BaTiy mam'l'khût Bëyt yis'räël
Hosea 1:5 HOT Translit. - w'häyäh BaYôm hahû w'shävar'Tiy et-qeshet yis'räël B'ëmeq yiz'r'el
Hosea 1:6 HOT Translit. - waTahar ôd waTëled Bat waYomer lô q'rä sh'mäH lo ruchämäh Kiy lo ôšiyf ôd árachëm et-Bëyt yis'räël Kiy-näso eSä lähem
Hosea 1:7 HOT Translit. - w'et-Bëyt y'hûdäh árachëm w'hôsha'Tiym Bayhwäh élohëyhem w'lo ôshiyëm B'qeshet ûv'cherev ûv'mil'chämäh B'šûšiym ûv'färäshiym​

LXX [*so-called] -

Hosea 1:4 LXX* - καὶ εἶπεν κύριος πρὸς αὐτόν Κάλεσον τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Ιεζραελ, διότι ἔτι μικρὸν καὶ ἐκδικήσω τὸ αἷμα τοῦ Ιεζραελ ἐπὶ τὸν οἶκον Ιου καὶ καταπαύσω βασιλείαν οἴκου Ισραηλ·
Hosea 1:5 LXX* - ἔσται ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ἐκείνῃ συντρίψω τὸ τόξον τοῦ Ισραηλ ἐν τῇ κοιλάδι τοῦ Ιεζραελ. --
Hosea 1:6 LXX* - καὶ συνέλαβεν ἔτι καὶ ἔτεκεν θυγατέρα. καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Κάλεσον τὸ ὄνομα αὐτῆς Οὐκ--ἠλεημένη, διότι οὐ μὴ προσθήσω ἔτι ἐλεῆσαι τὸν οἶκον τοῦ Ισραηλ, ἀλλ᾿ ἢ ἀντιτασσόμενος ἀντιτάξομαι αὐτοῖς.
Hosea 1:7 LXX* - τοὺς δὲ υἱοὺς Ιουδα ἐλεήσω καὶ σώσω αὐτοὺς ἐν κυρίῳ θεῷ αὐτῶν καὶ οὐ σώσω αὐτοὺς ἐν τόξῳ οὐδὲ ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ οὐδὲ ἐν πολέμῳ οὐδὲ ἐν ἅρμασιν οὐδὲ ἐν ἵπποις οὐδὲ ἐν ἱππεῦσιν. --​

How many JEHOVAH are in those verses [4,6,7]? There are Two Persons/Beings identified as JEHOVAH. The One "JEHOVAH" "will" save the peoples of the house of Judah, by another Person/Being "JEHOVAH their God".

JEHOVAH said, "... I ["JEHOVAH ... God", vs. 4,6] will save them by JEHOVAH their God [vs. 7], ..."

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like no one’s going to respond, given your restrictions that won’t allow any scripture that points to the fact that God is one God in composite unity, rather than three separate Gods existing.

Reactions: Nancy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our next text/passage:

Gen 19:24 KJB -Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

Gen 19:24 (HOT) ויהוה המטיר על־סדם ועל־עמרה גפרית ואשׁ מאת יהוה מן־השׁמים׃

Gen 19:24 (HOT Translit.) wayhwäh him'†iyr al-š'dom w'al-ámoräh Gäf'riyt wäësh mëët y'hwäh min-haSHämäyim

Gen 19:24 (so called lxx) καὶ κύριος ἔβρεξεν ἐπὶ Σοδομα καὶ Γομορρα θεῖον καὶ πῦρ παρὰ κυρίου ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ​

Jesus, the LORD [JEHOVAH] who came down with the two covering cherubs (the two angels) that are beside the LORD, is standing upon the earth [Genesis 18-19, especially Genesis 18:25 “Judge of all the Earth”] and calling down fire from His Father, the LORD JEHOVAH, above, with the Holy Spirit being included by the Fire also]

That is Two Persons/Beings, Two LORD's identified by the Holy Ghost (the inspiror of scripture) in differing locations, the one LORD on earth, and the other LORD in Heaven above.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our next text/passage:

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Tit 2:11 επεφανη γαρ η χαρις του θεου η σωτηριος πασιν ανθρωποις
Tit 2:12 παιδευουσα ημας ινα αρνησαμενοι την ασεβειαν και τας κοσμικας επιθυμιας σωφρονως και δικαιως και ευσεβως ζησωμεν εν τω νυν αιωνι
Tit 2:13 προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων ιησου χριστου
Tit 2:14 ος εδωκεν εαυτον υπερ ημων ινα λυτρωσηται ημας απο πασης ανομιας και καθαριση εαυτω λαον περιουσιον ζηλωτην καλων εργων
Tit 2:15 ταυτα λαλει και παρακαλει και ελεγχε μετα πασης επιταγης μηδεις σου περιφρονειτω
In Titus 2:11-15, we see that there is grace coming from God (του θεου), who is the Father of Jesus, and the grace that was sent by the Father is the Son Jesus Christ, the great God and our Saviour (του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων), even that blessed hope, who gave himself to redeem us.

That is two distinct Persons/Beings "tou theou", and the One sending the Other.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our next text/passage:

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Tit 2:12 παιδευουσα ημας ινα αρνησαμενοι την ασεβειαν και τας κοσμικας επιθυμιας σωφρονως και δικαιως και ευσεβως ζησωμεν εν τω νυν αιωνι
Tit 2:13 προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων ιησου χριστου
Tit 2:14 ος εδωκεν εαυτον υπερ ημων ινα λυτρωσηται ημας απο πασης ανομιας και καθαριση εαυτω λαον περιουσιον ζηλωτην καλων εργων
Tit 2:15 ταυτα λαλει και παρακαλει και ελεγχε μετα πασης επιταγης μηδεις σου περιφρονειτω
In Titus 2:11-15, we see that there is grace coming from God (του θεου), who is the Father of Jesus, and the grace that was sent by the Father is the Son Jesus Christ, the great God and our Saviour (του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων), even that blessed hope, who gave himself to redeem us.

That is two distinct Persons/Beings "tou theou", and the One sending the Other.

Titus 2:13

Bible translations old and new:

13 lokynge for that blessed hope and appearynge of the glory of ye greate God and of oure Sauioure Iesu Christ - Coverdale

13 lokynge for þe blessed hope & appearinge of the glory of the greate God, & of oure sauioure Iesu Christ, - The Great Bible

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and appearing of that glorie of that mightie God, and of our Sauiour Iesus Christ, - Geneva

13 abidinge the blessid hope and the comyng of the glorie of the greet God, and of oure sauyour Jhesu Crist; - Wycliffe

13 lokinge for that blessed hope and glorious apperenge of ye myghty god and of oure savioure Iesu Christ - Tyndale

13 in expectation of that desirable happiness, the glorious appearance of the supreme God, and of our saviour Jesus Christ, - Mace

13 awaiting the blessed hope of the appearance of the Glory of the great God and of our Saviour Christ Jesus, - Moffatt

13 expecting the blessed hope; namely, the appearing of the glory of the great God, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ; - The Living Oracles

13 looking for the blessed hope, and appearing of the glory of the great God and of our Saviour Jesus Christ; - Noyes

13 waiting for the blessed hope, the glorious appearing of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus, - Riverside

13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and of our Saviour Jesus Christ, - Sawyer

(New American Bible - 1970) as we await our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus

(New American Bible - 1991) as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our savior Jesus Christ

(New American Bible - 2010) as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our savior Jesus Christ

(A New Translation in Plain English - Charles K. Williams) while we wait for the blessed thing we hope for, the appearing of the glory of the great God and of our Saviour Jesus Christ

And while we live this life we hope and wait for the glorious denouement of the Great God and of Jesus Christ our saviour. - Phillips

We are to be looking for the great hope and the coming of our great God and the One Who saves, Christ Jesus. - NLV

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and appearing of that glory of that mighty God, and of our Savior Jesus Christ. - GNV

"looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of the mighty God and of our Saviour Jesus Christ," - NMB

According to An Idiom-Book of New Testament Greek, by C. F. D. Moule, Cambridge, England, 1971, p. 109, at Titus 2:13, the sense "of the Great God, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ ... is possible in [New Testament] Greek even without the repetition [of the definite article before the second noun]."

Noted British NT scholar and trinitarian clergyman Henry Alford wrote: "I would submit that [a translation which clearly differentiates God from Christ at Titus 2:13] satisfies all the grammatical requirements of the sentence: that it is both structurally and contextually more probable, and more agreeable to the Apostle’s [Paul’s] way of writing: and I have therefore preferred it." - The Greek Testament, p. 421, Vol. 3.

"Some Trinitarians say that the grammar of Titus 2:13 forces the interpretation that Jesus is God because of the Granville Sharp rule of Greek grammar. That is not the case, however. The Granville Sharp rule has been debated and successfully challenged. When Scripture refers to “our Great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,” it can indeed be referring to two separate beings: the “Great God,” and the “Savior,” Jesus Christ. The highly regarded Trinitarian Henry Alford gives a number of reasons as to why the grammar of the Greek does not force the interpretation of the passage to make Christ God (Henry Alford, The Greek Testament, Moody Press, Chicago, 1958, Vol. 3, entry on Titus 2:13 )." - Revised English Version Commentary - Titus 2:13.

And, finally (I think) concerning Titus 2:13, the steadfastly trinitarian The Expositor's Greek Testament (vol. 4, p. 195) says specifically of Titus 2:13:

"On the whole, then, we decide in favour of the R.V.m. in the rendering of this passage, appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. The grammatical argument - [Sharp's Rule] - is too slender to bear much weight, especially when we take into consideration not only the general neglect of the article in these epistles but the omission of it before σωτὴρ ['savior'] in I Tim. i. I, iv. 10 [1:1; 4:10]." [This applies to "savior" in 2 Peter 1:1 also.]

Some other Bibles which also render "of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ,": ASV, KJ21, BRG, DRA, KJV, WYC.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 2:13

Bible translations old and new:...
All irrelevant. I posted the GNT TR, along with the KJB (which translates just fine). All you did was obfuscate what was already clear. Look at the context itself, and it will tell you (if you are not hard of seeing/hearing against the Holy Ghost who inspired it) what it means:

Did you realize, that it is only speaking of a single Person/Being who is coming again (the glorious appearing of), in vs 13 through 15? Those texts only use singular words, such as "Who", "himself", "he", "himself" all in reference to the Person/Being who is coming back in "the gloriouos appearing".

Did someone mislead you in thinking that the Person/Being of the Father returns with the Son at the Second Advent? That is not found in scripture. The Father, as in the type of the wedding, remains at the Home, and sends the Son (along with servants) to obtain the Bride and bring her back to the Father's House, where the Father waits at the Gates. Who mislead you in the type, that you are confused in the anti-type?

Since it is only the Person/Being of the Son that returns in "the glorious appearing" at the Second Advent, this is why vs 13-15 only use the singular nouns and pronouns.

Act_1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​

Jesus left this world with angels (and not the Father, for the Father waited in Heaven to receive the Son, see Psalms 24, Revelation 4-5, etc), and returns with angel (and not the Father). This is why the "God" (tou theou) of vs 11 is distinct from "the great God (tou megalou theou) and our Saviour Jesus Christ" of vss 13-15.

Now, doubtless, you will attempt to cite these three verses to prove otherwise, but read them carefully:

Mat_16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Mar_8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luk_9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.​

Those three verses, which are really all the same retelling, say nothing of the Father returning with the Son. They say that the Son will come in the "glory of his Father". They do not say that the Son comes with the Father's Person/Being in tow, neither following His Personage. Psalms 24 is to repeat. There is not a single text which states that the Father comes with the Son at the "glorious appearing", but the Son comes with the angels of Heaven (John 14:1-4, "I will come again", etc). You may read these also:

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:​

That word “revealed” - “apokalypsei” “αποκαλυψει” has many other complimentary partners in the Scripture which all speak of the same events:

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Corinthians 15:23).​

The English word “coming” in the Greek is “parousia” “παρουσία” and means “presence, the advent, the coming, the arrival, the future visible return of Jesus from Heaven to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the Kingdom of God” [Strong's Concordance, for those that need that sort of thing, I prefer just using the KJB] [See Matthew 24:37 and compare to Luke 17:26,30].

The same word can be viewed in many other passages: [Matthew 24:3,27,37,39; 1 Corinthians 16:17; 2 Corinthians 7:6-7, 10:10; Philippians 1:26, 2:12; 1 Thessalonians 2:19, 3:13, 4:15, 5:23; 2 Thessalonians 2:1,8,9; James 5:7-8; 2 Peter 1:16, 3:4,12; 1 John 2:28].

There are also many other words that also describe Jesus' visible, physical, audible, tumultuous, glorious, triumphant and literal return at His appointed time:

to come and/or arrive” “erchomai” “ἔρχομαι” [Matthew 24:30, 26:64; John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 11:26; Revelation. 1:7],

to appear visibly” “optanomai” “ὀπτάνομαι” [Hebrews 9:28],

to return” “analyō” “ἀναλύω” [Luke 12:36],

to reveal” “apokalypsis” “ἀποκάλυψις” [2 Thessalonians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:7; Luke 17:29-30],

to manifest” “epiphaneia” “ἐπιφάνεια” [1 Timothy 6:14; 2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 2:13],

make manifest” “phaneroō” “φανερόω” [1 Peter 5:4],

come” “hēkō” “ἥκω” [Revelation 2:25],

to return” “hypostrephō” “ὑποστρέφω” [Luke 19:12].​

... trinitarian ...
Non-sequitur and a straw man, irrelevant to OP. I even stated it right at the beginning. Doesn't matter what 'trinitarians' say, especially commentaries. See Isaiah 8:20.

... The grammatical argument - [Sharp's Rule] ...
Non-sequitur, straw man and irrelevant. I didn't cite one single thing about "Sharp's [Grammatical] Rule". I cited the context of scripture alone. I even showed you again, from the context itself, of the singular Nouns and Pronouns surrounding the phrase, "the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ", for the very next verse 14, says "who" (singular), and "himself", "he", "himself". Both the phrase "the great God" and (kai) "our Saviour" are referring to the same individual. I didn't say so (2 Peter 1:20), the context (Genesis 40:8, etc) declares by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Reject that, and you haven't rejected me, or 'Sharp's Rule', or Strong's, or anything other than the inspired and preserved words of God through the Apostle Paul.

Some other Bibles ...
Irrelevant. The "and" only helps demonstrate what I presented. By the way all those ('translations') you listed, were by 'trinitarians', but I care not one iota whether they were or not, but citing them, doesn't help you, and shows the hypocrisy of such an position.

Next time, please read the OP. This is not a 'trinitarian' thread. So, citing such things is non-sequitur.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another:

Psalms 110:1 KJB - [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Psalms 110:1 (HOT) לדוד מזמור נאם יהוה לאדני שׁב לימיני עד־אשׁית איביך הדם לרגליך׃

Psalms 110:1 (HOT+) לדודH1732 מזמורH4210 נאםH5002 יהוהH3068 לאדניH113 שׁבH3427 לימיניH3225 עדH5704 אשׁיתH7896 איביךH341 הדםH1916 לרגליך׃H7272

Psalms 110:1 (HOT Translit.) l'däwid miz'môr n'um y'hwäh ladoniy shëv liymiyniy ad-äshiyt oy'veykhä hádom l'rag'leykhä​

Context:

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Psa 110:6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
Psa 110:7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.​

This is the Person/Being of the Father speaking to the Person/Being of the Son, who sits at the Father's right hand, thus is beside the Father on the Father's throne in the 3rd Heaven, the very throne of eternal and everlasting Deity.

The very word used for the Son in Psalms 110, "Lord" in Hebrew is H113, "אדני", "adoniy". This is used in distinction of Persons/Beings when the Father is identified as H3068, "יהוה", "YHVH", "JEHOVAH" in immediate context. It's like in Daniel 7, when the Person/Being of the Father is identified as "the Ancient of Days" (Daniel 7:9,13,22), and the Person/Being of the Son is identified as "the Son of Man" (Daniel 7:13). The Hebrew word H113, "אדני" is primarily used of God (Deity), and in other cases of simply meaning 'master' or one who rules others (human or other). However, in Psalms 110:5, it read this:

Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Psa 110:5 (HOT) אדני על־ימינך מחץ ביום־אפו מלכים׃
Psa 110:5 (HOT+) אדניH136 עלH5921 ימינךH3225 מחץH4272 ביוםH3117 אפוH639 מלכים׃H4428
Psa 110:5 (HOT Translit.) ádonäy al-y'miyn'khä mächatz B'yôm-aPô m'läkhiym

The Hebrew word for "the Lord" here (Psalms 110:5) is H136, "אדני", "ádonäy", and it is used exclusively for God (Deity) alone:

H136
אדני
'ădônây
Total KJV Occurrences: 432

lord, 430
Gen_15:2, Gen_15:8, Gen_18:3, Gen_18:27, Gen_18:30-32 (3), Gen_20:4, Exo_4:10, Exo_4:13, Exo_5:22, Exo_34:9 (2), Num_14:17, Deu_3:24, Deu_9:26, Jos_7:7-8 (2), Jdg_6:15, Jdg_6:22, Jdg_16:28, 1Sa_25:31 (2), 2Sa_7:18-20 (4), 2Sa_7:28-29 (2), 1Ki_2:26, 1Ki_3:10, 1Ki_8:53, 1Ki_22:6, 2Ki_7:6, Ezr_10:3, Neh_1:11, Neh_4:14, Job_28:28, Psa_2:4, Psa_16:2, Psa_22:30, Psa_35:17, Psa_35:23, Psa_37:13, Psa_38:9, Psa_38:15, Psa_38:22, Psa_39:7, Psa_40:17, Psa_44:23, Psa_51:15, Psa_54:4, Psa_57:9 (2), Psa_62:11-12 (2), Psa_66:18, Psa_68:11, Psa_68:17, Psa_68:19-20 (2), Psa_68:22, Psa_68:26, Psa_68:32, Psa_69:6, Psa_71:5, Psa_71:16, Psa_73:20, Psa_73:28, Psa_77:2, Psa_77:7, Psa_78:65, Psa_79:12, Psa_86:3-5 (3), Psa_86:8-9 (2), Psa_86:12, Psa_86:15, Psa_89:49-50 (2), Psa_90:1, Psa_109:21, Psa_110:5, Psa_130:2-3 (2), Psa_141:6-8 (3), Isa_3:15, Isa_3:17-18 (2), Isa_4:4, Isa_6:1, Isa_6:8, Isa_6:11, Isa_7:7, Isa_7:14, Isa_7:20, Isa_8:7, Isa_9:17, Isa_10:12, Isa_10:16, Isa_10:23-24 (2), Isa_11:11, Isa_21:6, Isa_21:8, Isa_21:16, Isa_22:5, Isa_22:12, Isa_22:14-15 (2), Isa_25:8, Isa_28:2, Isa_28:16, Isa_28:22, Isa_29:13, Isa_30:15, Isa_30:20, Isa_37:24, Isa_38:16, Isa_40:10, Isa_48:16, Isa_49:14, Isa_49:22, Isa_50:4-5 (2), Isa_50:7, Isa_50:9, Isa_52:4, Isa_56:8, Isa_61:1, Isa_61:11, Isa_65:13, Isa_65:15, Jer_1:6, Jer_2:19, Jer_2:22, Jer_4:10, Jer_7:20, Jer_14:13, Jer_32:17, Jer_44:25-26 (2), Jer_46:10 (2), Jer_49:5, Jer_50:25, Jer_50:31, Lam_1:14-15 (3), Lam_2:1-2 (2), Lam_2:5, Lam_2:7, Lam_2:18-20 (3), Lam_3:31, Lam_3:36-37 (2), Lam_3:58, Eze_2:4, Eze_3:11, Eze_3:27, Eze_4:14, Eze_5:5, Eze_5:7-8 (2), Eze_5:11, Eze_6:3 (2), Eze_6:11, Eze_7:2, Eze_7:5, Eze_8:1, Eze_9:8, Eze_11:7-8 (2), Eze_11:13, Eze_11:16-17 (2), Eze_11:21, Eze_12:10, Eze_12:19, Eze_12:23, Eze_12:25, Eze_12:28 (2), Eze_13:3, Eze_13:8-9 (3), Eze_13:13, Eze_13:16, Eze_13:18, Eze_13:20, Eze_14:4, Eze_14:6, Eze_14:11, Eze_14:14, Eze_14:16, Eze_14:18, Eze_14:20-21 (2), Eze_14:23, Eze_15:6, Eze_15:8, Eze_16:3, Eze_16:8, Eze_16:14, Eze_16:19, Eze_16:23, Eze_16:30, Eze_16:36, Eze_16:43, Eze_16:48, Eze_16:59, Eze_16:63, Eze_17:3, Eze_17:9, Eze_17:16, Eze_17:19, Eze_17:22, Eze_18:3, Eze_18:9, Eze_18:23, Eze_18:25, Eze_18:29-30 (2), Eze_18:32, Eze_20:3 (2), Eze_20:5, Eze_20:27, Eze_20:30-31 (2), Eze_20:33, Eze_20:36, Eze_20:39-40 (2), Eze_20:44, Eze_20:47, Eze_20:49, Eze_21:7, Eze_21:13, Eze_21:24, Eze_21:26, Eze_21:28, Eze_22:3, Eze_22:12, Eze_22:19, Eze_22:28, Eze_22:31, Eze_23:22, Eze_23:28, Eze_23:32, Eze_23:34-35 (2), Eze_23:46, Eze_23:49, Eze_24:3, Eze_24:6, Eze_24:9, Eze_24:14, Eze_24:21, Eze_24:24, Eze_25:3 (2), Eze_25:6, Eze_25:8, Eze_25:12-16 (5), Eze_26:3, Eze_26:5, Eze_26:7, Eze_26:14-15 (2), Eze_26:19, Eze_26:21, Eze_27:3, Eze_28:2, Eze_28:6, Eze_28:10, Eze_28:12, Eze_28:22, Eze_28:24-25 (2), Eze_29:3, Eze_29:8, Eze_29:13, Eze_29:16, Eze_29:19-20 (2), Eze_30:2, Eze_30:6, Eze_30:10, Eze_30:13, Eze_30:22, Eze_31:10, Eze_31:15, Eze_31:18, Eze_32:3, Eze_32:8, Eze_32:11, Eze_32:14, Eze_32:16, Eze_32:31-32 (2), Eze_33:11, Eze_33:17, Eze_33:20, Eze_33:25, Eze_33:27, Eze_34:2, Eze_34:8, Eze_34:10-11 (2), Eze_34:15, Eze_34:17, Eze_34:20, Eze_34:30-31 (2), Eze_35:3, Eze_35:6, Eze_35:11, Eze_35:14, Ezek 36 (15), Eze_37:3, Eze_37:5, Eze_37:9, Eze_37:12, Eze_37:14, Eze_37:19, Eze_37:21, Eze_38:3, Eze_38:10, Eze_38:14, Eze_38:17-18 (2), Eze_38:21, Eze_39:1, Eze_39:5, Eze_39:8, Eze_39:10, Eze_39:13, Eze_39:17, Eze_39:20, Eze_39:25, Eze_39:29, Eze_43:18-19 (2), Eze_43:27, Eze_44:6, Eze_44:9, Eze_44:12, Eze_44:15, Eze_44:27, Eze_45:9 (2), Eze_45:15, Eze_45:18, Eze_46:1, Eze_46:16, Eze_47:13, Eze_47:23, Eze_48:29, Dan_9:2-4 (3), Dan_9:7-9 (3), Dan_9:15-16 (2), Dan_9:19 (3), Amo_1:8, Amo_3:7-8 (2), Amo_3:11, Amo_3:13, Amo_4:2, Amo_4:5, Amo_5:3, Amo_5:16, Amo_6:8, Amo_7:1-2 (2), Amo_7:4-8 (6), Amo_8:1, Amo_8:3, Amo_8:9, Amo_8:11, Amo_9:1, Amo_9:5, Amo_9:8, Mic_1:1-2 (3), Zep_1:7, Zec_9:4, Mal_1:12

god, 1
Hab_3:19

lord’s, 1
Dan_9:17​

Thus, by the two, (H113 and H136), we see that this Person/Being (the Son) that sits at the right hand of JEHOVAH (the Person/Being of the Father), is also Deity, God, and is thus able to sit upon the throne of Deity with the Person/Being of the Father in the 3rd Heaven.

Reactions: Brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another:

Psalms 110:1 KJB - [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

...​

Thus, by the two, (H113 and H136), we see that this Person/Being (the Son) that sits at the right hand of JEHOVAH (the Person/Being of the Father), is also Deity, God, and is thus able to sit upon the throne of Deity with the Person/Being of the Father in the 3rd Heaven.
We know this by the context (Psalmist David), and by the NT writers, inspired of the Holy Ghost/Spirit, by at at least 3 witnesses, Matthew, Luke and Peter (in Acts 2:34, also written by Luke).

Matthew 22:44 KJB - The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mat 22:44 (GNT TR) ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου​

Mat 22:44 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS​

Context:

Mat 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Mat 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Mat 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Mat 22:41 (GNT TR) συνηγμενων δε των φαρισαιων επηρωτησεν αυτους ο ιησους
Mat 22:42 (GNT TR) λεγων τι υμιν δοκει περι του χριστου τινος υιος εστιν λεγουσιν αυτω του δαβιδ
Mat 22:43 (GNT TR) λεγει αυτοις πως ουν δαβιδ εν πνευματι κυριον αυτον καλει λεγων
Mat 22:44 (GNT TR) ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου
Mat 22:45 (GNT TR) ει ουν δαβιδ καλει αυτον κυριον πως υιος αυτου εστιν
Mat 22:46 (GNT TR) και ουδεις εδυνατο αυτω αποκριθηναι λογον ουδε ετολμησεν τις απ εκεινης της ημερας επερωτησαι αυτον ουκετι

Mat 22:41 (GNT TR+) συνηγμενωνG4863 V-RPP-GPM δεG1161 CONJ τωνG3588 T-GPM φαρισαιωνG5330 N-GPM επηρωτησενG1905 V-AAI-3S αυτουςG846 P-APM οG3588 T-NSM ιησουςG2424 N-NSM
Mat 22:42 (GNT TR+) λεγωνG3004 V-PAP-NSM τιG5101 I-NSN υμινG4771 P-2DP δοκειG1380 V-PAI-3S περιG4012 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM χριστουG5547 N-GSM τινοςG5101 I-GSM υιοςG5207 N-NSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S λεγουσινG3004 V-PAI-3P αυτωG846 P-DSM τουG3588 T-GSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI
Mat 22:43 (GNT TR+) λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S αυτοιςG846 P-DPM πωςG4459 ADV-I ουνG3767 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ενG1722 PREP πνευματιG4151 N-DSN κυριονG2962 N-ASM αυτονG846 P-ASM καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S λεγωνG3004 V-PAP-NSM
Mat 22:44 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS
Mat 22:45 (GNT TR+) ειG1487 COND ουνG3767 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S αυτονG846 P-ASM κυριονG2962 N-ASM πωςG4459 ADV-I υιοςG5207 N-NSM αυτουG846 P-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S
Mat 22:46 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ ουδειςG3762 A-NSM-N εδυνατοG1410 V-INI-3S αυτωG846 P-DSM αποκριθηναιG611 V-AON λογονG3056 N-ASM ουδεG3761 CONJ-N ετολμησενG5111 V-AAI-3S τιςG5100 X-NSM απG575 PREP εκεινηςG1565 D-GSF τηςG3588 T-GSF ημεραςG2250 N-GSF επερωτησαιG1905 V-AAN αυτονG846 P-ASM ουκετιG3765 ADV-N​

Next:

Luke 20:42 KJB - And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luk 20:42 (GNT TR) και αυτος δαβιδ λεγει εν βιβλω ψαλμων ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου

Luk 20:42 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S ενG1722 PREP βιβλωG976 N-DSF ψαλμωνG5568 N-GPM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS​

Context:

Luk 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
Luk 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Luk 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Luk 20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Luk 20:41 (GNT TR) ειπεν δε προς αυτους πως λεγουσιν τον χριστον υιον δαβιδ ειναι
Luk 20:42 (GNT TR) και αυτος δαβιδ λεγει εν βιβλω ψαλμων ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου
Luk 20:43 (GNT TR) εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου
Luk 20:44 (GNT TR) δαβιδ ουν κυριον αυτον καλει και πως υιος αυτου εστιν

Luk 20:41 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S δεG1161 CONJ προςG4314 PREP αυτουςG846 P-APM πωςG4459 ADV-I λεγουσινG3004 V-PAI-3P τονG3588 T-ASM χριστονG5547 N-ASM υιονG5207 N-ASM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ειναιG1510 V-PAN
Luk 20:42 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S ενG1722 PREP βιβλωG976 N-DSF ψαλμωνG5568 N-GPM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS
Luk 20:43 (GNT TR+) εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS
Luk 20:44 (GNT TR+) δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ουνG3767 CONJ κυριονG2962 N-ASM αυτονG846 P-ASM καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S καιG2532 CONJ πωςG4459 ADV-I υιοςG5207 N-NSM αυτουG846 P-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know this by the context (Psalmist David), and by the NT writers, inspired of the Holy Ghost/Spirit, by at at least 3 witnesses, Matthew, Luke and Peter (in Acts 2:34, also written by Luke). ...
Next:

Acts 2:34 KJB - For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Act 2:34 (GNT TR) ου γαρ δαβιδ ανεβη εις τους ουρανους λεγει δε αυτος ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου

Act 2:34 (GNT TR+) ουG3756 PRT-N γαρG1063 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ανεβηG305 V-2AAI-3S ειςG1519 PREP τουςG3588 T-APM ουρανουςG3772 N-APM λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S δεG1161 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS​

Context:

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:29 (GNT TR) ανδρες αδελφοι εξον ειπειν μετα παρρησιας προς υμας περι του πατριαρχου δαβιδ οτι και ετελευτησεν και εταφη και το μνημα αυτου εστιν εν ημιν αχρι της ημερας ταυτης
Act 2:30 (GNT TR) προφητης ουν υπαρχων και ειδως οτι ορκω ωμοσεν αυτω ο θεος εκ καρπου της οσφυος αυτου το κατα σαρκα αναστησειν τον χριστον καθισαι επι του θρονου αυτου
Act 2:31 (GNT TR) προιδων ελαλησεν περι της αναστασεως του χριστου οτι ου κατελειφθη η ψυχη αυτου εις αδου ουδε η σαρξ αυτου ειδεν διαφθοραν
Act 2:32 (GNT TR) τουτον τον ιησουν ανεστησεν ο θεος ου παντες ημεις εσμεν μαρτυρες
Act 2:33 (GNT TR) τη δεξια ουν του θεου υψωθεις την τε επαγγελιαν του αγιου πνευματος λαβων παρα του πατρος εξεχεεν τουτο ο νυν υμεις βλεπετε και ακουετε
Act 2:34 (GNT TR) ου γαρ δαβιδ ανεβη εις τους ουρανους λεγει δε αυτος ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου
Act 2:35 (GNT TR) εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου
Act 2:36 (GNT TR) ασφαλως ουν γινωσκετω πας οικος ισραηλ οτι και κυριον και χριστον αυτον ο θεος εποιησεν τουτον τον ιησουν ον υμεις εσταυρωσατε

Act 2:29 (GNT TR+) ανδρεςG435 N-VPM αδελφοιG80 N-VPM εξονG1832 V-PAP-NSN ειπεινG3004 V-2AAN μεταG3326 PREP παρρησιαςG3954 N-GSF προςG4314 PREP υμαςG4771 P-2AP περιG4012 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM πατριαρχουG3966 N-GSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI οτιG3754 CONJ καιG2532 CONJ ετελευτησενG5053 V-AAI-3S καιG2532 CONJ εταφηG2290 V-2API-3S καιG2532 CONJ τοG3588 T-NSN μνημαG3418 N-NSN αυτουG846 P-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S ενG1722 PREP ημινG1473 P-1DP αχριG891 ADV τηςG3588 T-GSF ημεραςG2250 N-GSF ταυτηςG3778 D-GSF
Act 2:30 (GNT TR+) προφητηςG4396 N-NSM ουνG3767 CONJ υπαρχωνG5225 V-PAP-NSM καιG2532 CONJ ειδωςG1492 V-RAP-NSM οτιG3754 CONJ ορκωG3727 N-DSM ωμοσενG3660 V-AAI-3S αυτωG846 P-DSM οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM εκG1537 PREP καρπουG2590 N-GSM τηςG3588 T-GSF οσφυοςG3751 N-GSF αυτουG846 P-GSM τοG3588 T-ASN καταG2596 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF αναστησεινG450 V-FAN τονG3588 T-ASM χριστονG5547 N-ASM καθισαιG2523 V-AAN επιG1909 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM θρονουG2362 N-GSM αυτουG846 P-GSM
Act 2:31 (GNT TR+) προιδωνG4275 V-2AAP-NSM ελαλησενG2980 V-AAI-3S περιG4012 PREP τηςG3588 T-GSF αναστασεωςG386 N-GSF τουG3588 T-GSM χριστουG5547 N-GSM οτιG3754 CONJ ουG3756 PRT-N κατελειφθηG2641 V-API-3S ηG3588 T-NSF ψυχηG5590 N-NSF αυτουG846 P-GSM ειςG1519 PREP αδουG86 N-GSM ουδεG3761 CONJ-N ηG3588 T-NSF σαρξG4561 N-NSF αυτουG846 P-GSM ειδενG3708 V-2AAI-3S διαφθορανG1312 N-ASF
Act 2:32 (GNT TR+) τουτονG3778 D-ASM τονG3588 T-ASM ιησουνG2424 N-ASM ανεστησενG450 V-AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM ουG3739 R-GSM παντεςG3956 A-NPM ημειςG1473 P-1NP εσμενG1510 V-PAI-1P μαρτυρεςG3144 N-NPM
Act 2:33 (GNT TR+) τηG3588 T-DSF δεξιαG1188 A-DSF ουνG3767 CONJ τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM υψωθειςG5312 V-APP-NSM τηνG3588 T-ASF τεG5037 PRT επαγγελιανG1860 N-ASF τουG3588 T-GSN αγιουG40 A-GSN πνευματοςG4151 N-GSN λαβωνG2983 V-2AAP-NSM παραG3844 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM πατροςG3962 N-GSM εξεχεενG1632 V-AAI-3S τουτοG3778 D-ASN οG3739 R-ASN νυνG3568 ADV υμειςG4771 P-2NP βλεπετεG991 V-PAI-2P καιG2532 CONJ ακουετεG191 V-PAI-2P
Act 2:34 (GNT TR+) ουG3756 PRT-N γαρG1063 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ανεβηG305 V-2AAI-3S ειςG1519 PREP τουςG3588 T-APM ουρανουςG3772 N-APM λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S δεG1161 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS
Act 2:35 (GNT TR+) εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS
Act 2:36 (GNT TR+) ασφαλωςG806 ADV ουνG3767 CONJ γινωσκετωG1097 V-PAM-3S παςG3956 A-NSM οικοςG3624 N-NSM ισραηλG2474 N-PRI οτιG3754 CONJ καιG2532 CONJ κυριονG2962 N-ASM καιG2532 CONJ χριστονG5547 N-ASM αυτονG846 P-ASM οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM εποιησενG4160 V-AAI-3S τουτονG3778 D-ASM τονG3588 T-ASM ιησουνG2424 N-ASM ονG3739 R-ASM υμειςG4771 P-2NP εσταυρωσατεG4717 V-AAI-2P​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:8-12:

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows [angels, fellow messengers, see vs 2,4,5,6,7].
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.​

(Paul) Hebrews 1:8-9 is specifically citing Psalms 45:6-7, when after Paul writes, "he saith", for "he saith" in that Psalm:

Psa 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.​

That is the Father speaking to the Son. Then Paul continues with the word "And" (vs 10), and thus it is still the Father speaking to the Son, and cites another OT text, specifically Psalms 102:12,25-27

Psa 102:12 But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
Psa 102:26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.​

Thus the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost, who inspired Paul (writer of Hebrews), told Paul to directly cite Psalms 45:6-7, and Psalms 102:12,25-27 in reference to the Father speaking about and to the Son. The Son is indeed identified as "O LORD", even as the Father is another Person/Being called "LORD".

It is irrefutable, because the Bible itself defines the terms and uses.

Hebrews 1:8 refers to the Son as "o theos":

Heb 1:8 προς δε τον υιον ο θρονος σου ο θεος εις τον αιωνα του αιωνος ραβδος ευθυτητος η ραβδος της βασιλειας σου​

Hebrews 1:9 refers to the Father, and also of the Son as each being an "o theos"

Heb 1:9 ηγαπησας δικαιοσυνην και εμισησας ανομιαν δια τουτο εχρισεν σε ο θεος ο θεος σου ελαιον αγαλλιασεως παρα τους μετοχους σου​

Hebrews 1:10 refers to the Son as "kyrie", being a NT reference to the OT JEHOVAH (LORD) in Psalms 102:12,25-27:

Heb 1:10 και συ κατ αρχας κυριε την γην εθεμελιωσας και εργα των χειρων σου εισιν οι ουρανοι​

Compare Hebrews 1:10-12, to Hebrews 13:4-8, wherein "o theos" (vs 4) refers to "ιησους χριστος χθες και σημερον ο αυτος και εις τους αιωνας", which is found in Hebrews 1:12.

Heb 1:10 και συ κατ αρχας κυριε την γην εθεμελιωσας και εργα των χειρων σου εισιν οι ουρανοι
Heb 1:11 αυτοι απολουνται συ δε διαμενεις και παντες ως ιματιον παλαιωθησονται
Heb 1:12 και ωσει περιβολαιον ελιξεις αυτους και αλλαγησονται συ δε ο αυτος ει και τα ετη σου ουκ εκλειψουσιν

Heb 13:4 τιμιος ο γαμος εν πασιν και η κοιτη αμιαντος πορνους δε και μοιχους κρινει ο θεος
Heb 13:5 αφιλαργυρος ο τροπος αρκουμενοι τοις παρουσιν αυτος γαρ ειρηκεν ου μη σε ανω ουδ ου μη σε εγκαταλιπω
Heb 13:6 ωστε θαρρουντας ημας λεγειν κυριος εμοι βοηθος και ου φοβηθησομαι τι ποιησει μοι ανθρωπος
Heb 13:7 μνημονευετε των ηγουμενων υμων οιτινες ελαλησαν υμιν τον λογον του θεου ων αναθεωρουντες την εκβασιν της αναστροφης μιμεισθε την πιστιν
Heb 13:8 ιησους χριστος χθες και σημερον ο αυτος και εις τους αιωνας
The "Lord"/"LORD" "God", "Jesus Christ", "the same", just like His Father, the other "Lord"/"LORD" "God".

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews 1:8-12:

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows [angels, fellow messengers, see vs 2,4,5,6,7].
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.​

(Paul) Hebrews 1:8-9 is specifically citing Psalms 45:6-7, when after Paul writes, "he saith", for "he saith" in that Psalm:

Psa 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.​

That is the Father speaking to the Son. Then Paul continues with the word "And" (vs 10), and thus it is still the Father speaking to the Son, and cites another OT text, specifically Psalms 102:12,25-27

Psa 102:12 But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
Psa 102:26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.​

Thus the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost, who inspired Paul (writer of Hebrews), told Paul to directly cite Psalms 45:6-7, and Psalms 102:12,25-27 in reference to the Father speaking about and to the Son. The Son is indeed identified as "O LORD", even as the Father is another Person/Being called "LORD".

It is irrefutable, because the Bible itself defines the terms and uses.

Hebrews 1:8 refers to the Son as "o theos":

Heb 1:8 προς δε τον υιον ο θρονος σου ο θεος εις τον αιωνα του αιωνος ραβδος ευθυτητος η ραβδος της βασιλειας σου​

Hebrews 1:9 refers to the Father, and also of the Son as each being an "o theos"

Heb 1:9 ηγαπησας δικαιοσυνην και εμισησας ανομιαν δια τουτο εχρισεν σε ο θεος ο θεος σου ελαιον αγαλλιασεως παρα τους μετοχους σου​

Hebrews 1:10 refers to the Son as "kyrie", being a NT reference to the OT JEHOVAH (LORD) in Psalms 102:12,25-27:

Heb 1:10 και συ κατ αρχας κυριε την γην εθεμελιωσας και εργα των χειρων σου εισιν οι ουρανοι​

Compare Hebrews 1:10-12, to Hebrews 13:4-8, wherein "o theos" (vs 4) refers to "ιησους χριστος χθες και σημερον ο αυτος και εις τους αιωνας", which is found in Hebrews 1:12.

Heb 1:10 και συ κατ αρχας κυριε την γην εθεμελιωσας και εργα των χειρων σου εισιν οι ουρανοι
Heb 1:11 αυτοι απολουνται συ δε διαμενεις και παντες ως ιματιον παλαιωθησονται
Heb 1:12 και ωσει περιβολαιον ελιξεις αυτους και αλλαγησονται συ δε ο αυτος ει και τα ετη σου ουκ εκλειψουσιν

Heb 13:4 τιμιος ο γαμος εν πασιν και η κοιτη αμιαντος πορνους δε και μοιχους κρινει ο θεος
Heb 13:5 αφιλαργυρος ο τροπος αρκουμενοι τοις παρουσιν αυτος γαρ ειρηκεν ου μη σε ανω ουδ ου μη σε εγκαταλιπω
Heb 13:6 ωστε θαρρουντας ημας λεγειν κυριος εμοι βοηθος και ου φοβηθησομαι τι ποιησει μοι ανθρωπος
Heb 13:7 μνημονευετε των ηγουμενων υμων οιτινες ελαλησαν υμιν τον λογον του θεου ων αναθεωρουντες την εκβασιν της αναστροφης μιμεισθε την πιστιν
Heb 13:8 ιησους χριστος χθες και σημερον ο αυτος και εις τους αιωνας
The "Lord"/"LORD" "God", "Jesus Christ", "the same", just like His Father, the other "Lord"/"LORD" "God".
Like Father, like Son. My Son is human, because I am human. The Son is God because His Father is God. We see that as true for most human children, but in the perfect heavenly realm, the likeness is perfect... Express image of the Father.

Reactions: ReChoired

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 24 (the ascending and victorious JEHOVAH):

Psa 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psa 24:2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
Psa 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Psa 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Psa 24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Psa 24:1 לדוד מזמור ליהוה הארץ ומלואה תבל וישׁבי בה׃
Psa 24:2 כי־הוא על־ימים יסדה ועל־נהרות יכוננה׃
Psa 24:3 מי־יעלה בהר־יהוה ומי־יקום במקום קדשׁו׃
Psa 24:4 נקי כפים ובר־לבב אשׁר לא־נשׂא לשׁוא נפשׁי ולא נשׁבע למרמה׃
Psa 24:5 ישׂא ברכה מאת יהוה וצדקה מאלהי ישׁעו׃
Psa 24:6 זה דור דרשׁו מבקשׁי פניך יעקב סלה׃
Psa 24:7 שׂאו שׁערים ראשׁיכם והנשׂאו פתחי עולם ויבוא מלך הכבוד׃
Psa 24:8 מי זה מלך הכבוד יהוה עזוז וגבור יהוה גבור מלחמה׃
Psa 24:9 שׂאו שׁערים ראשׁיכם ושׂאו פתחי עולם ויבא מלך הכבוד׃
Psa 24:10 מי הוא זה מלך הכבוד יהוה צבאות הוא מלך הכבוד סלה׃

Psalms 24:1 l'däwid miz'môr layhwäh hääretz ûm'lôäH Tëvël w'yosh'vëy väH
Psalms 24:2 Kiy-hû al-yaMiym y'šädäH w'al-n'härôt y'khôn'nehä
Psalms 24:3 miy-yaáleh v'har-y'hwäh ûmiy-yäqûm Bim'qôm qäd'shô
Psalms 24:4 n'qiy khaPayim ûvar-lëväv ásher lo-näsä laSHäw' naf'shiy w'lo nish'Ba l'mir'mäh
Psalms 24:5 yiSä v'räkhäh mëët y'hwäh ûtz'däqäh mëélohëy yish'ô
Psalms 24:6 zeh Dôr *Dor'shô [Dor'shäyw] m'vaq'shëy fäneykhä yaáqov šeläh
Psalms 24:7 s'û sh'äriym räshëykhem w'hiNäs'û Pit'chëy ôläm w'yävô melekh' haKävôd
Psalms 24:8 miy zeh melekh' haKävôd y'hwäh iZûz w'giBôr y'hwäh GiBôr mil'chämäh
Psalms 24:9 s'û sh'äriym räshëykhem ûs'û Pit'chëy ôläm w'yävo melekh' haKävôd
Psalms 24:10 miy hû zeh melekh' haKävôd y'hwäh tz'väôt hû melekh' haKävôd šeläh

Psalms 24, used as a reference in the NT to the victory of Jesus, ascending to heaven and presenting Himself before the Father.

In vss 1-5, we see the Person/Being of the Father, JEHOVAH, "יהוה".

In vss 7-10, we see the Person/Being of the Son (Jesus, whose name is JEHOVAH is [my] Saviour), another JEHOVAH, "יהוה", even the very "King of glory", "מלך הכבוד".

We see in the context that the one JEHOVAH [the Person/Being of the Son], victorious in battle who had descended from Heaven, is afterward ascending into the hill of the other JEHOVAH [the Person/Being of the Father] who waits in Heaven (3rd) for the ascending JEHOVAH from earth. The "blessing" is also as the anointing, and symbolizes the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost of JEHOVAH.

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Psa 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.
Psa 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

The following texts shed more light on this event:

[10.] Firstfruits/Wavesheaf at the time of Jesus' Resurrection around Jerusalem by JEHOVAH Elohiym - Matthew 27:50-53, 28:1-4; Isaiah 26:19; (for Jesus, see also Psalms 40:6; Hebrews 10:5; Galatians 4:4); Psalms 68:8,17-21 (vs 21., see Genesis 3:15); compare Psalms 68:18 to Ephesians 4:8-10; Compare Leviticus 23:9-14; 15-22 (Firstfruits) to 1 Corinthians 15:21-23. See also Psalms 24:1-10 (Triumphal Entry with Victory Train into New Jerusalem above), with Psalms 98:1-3; Colossians 2:15. See also Acts 1.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus is God the word, who left the form of God, to take the form of a man, He can transcend time, since time is the fourth dimension and God created the space-time continuum.

Thus in the many instances in the Old Testament where God in the form of a man appears, it’s Jesus - the only manifestation of God in the flesh.

When Jacob wrestled with a man all night long, who touched his body and put a hip out of joint, and renamed him Israel, Jacob named the place Peniel which means, I’ve seen God FACE TO FACE, and lived - that was Jesus - the only manifestation of God in human form, that exists.

Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for, said he, I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

When God spoke with Moses “ face to face, as a man speaks to s friend”, that was also Jesus:

Exo 33:11 And Jehovah spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his minister Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the Tent.

My favorite is Genesis 18:1 where the Hebrew states that YHWH appeared to Abraham as a man with two other men with Him.

Abraham ends up washing His feet, then has a conversation with YHWH about sparing Sodom from destruction- when negotiations broke down, because not even ten righteous were left in Sodom, God destroys Sodom in chapter 19 by raining fire and brimstone on the city, scripture says that the Jehovah on earth that Abraham met and talked to, rained down fire and brimstone FROM the Jehovah in heaven:

Gen 19:24 Then Jehovah rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven;

Jehovah was on earth at the same time Jehovah was in heaven sending down destruction on Sodom.

There are many more examples of Jesus appearing in the Old Testament as God in flesh form.

These examples are prima facie evidence that Jesus is in fact God the Logos manifest in the flesh, who made many OT appearances.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This thread is not about "trinitarianism". I am not a 'Trinitarian' (Roman Catholic Definition), and do not accept Nicene Creedalism. Any argument started about "trinitarianism" or Nicea has left the OP topic, and is merely wasting time or straw-manning a position not held by the OP.

The scripture (KJB) teaches that there are 3 eternal Heavenly Persons/Beings that work together, the eternal Heavenly Trio. The eternal Heavenly family. JEHOVAH Elohiym.

[1] The Being/Person of the Father (aka "the Ancient of Days" (Daniel 7:9,13,22), "the only true God" ("τον μονον αληθινον θεον"; "ton monon alethinon theon" of John 17:3, "τον θεον", "ton theon" of John 1:1b); "God said" (Genesis 1:3) - JEHOVAH

[2] The Being/Person of the Son (aka "Jesus", "the Son of Man" (Matthew 16:13), "the only begotten Son" ("ο μονογενης υιος"; "o monogenes uios" of John 1:18), "the Word was God" ("θεος ην ο λογος"; "theos en o logos" of John 1:1c; "God made" (Genesis 1:7)) - Jesus JEHOVAH (Genesis 49:18; Exodus 14:13; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Jonah 2:9; Psalms 119:174)

[3] The Being/Person of the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH (aka "another Comforter" (John 14:16), "the Spirit of truth" (John 14:17), "the Comforter ... the Holy Ghost" (John 14:26); "the Spirit of God" (Genesis 1:2), "God saw" (Genesis 1:31)) - The Holy Spirit of JEHOVAH.
The first text/passage to consider is:

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?​

Zec 3:1 ויראני את־יהושׁע הכהן הגדול עמד לפני מלאך יהוה והשׂטן עמד על־ימינו לשׂטנו׃
Zec 3:2 ויאמר יהוה אל־השׂטן יגער יהוה בך השׂטן ויגער יהוה בך הבחר בירושׁלם הלוא זה אוד מצל מאשׁ׃

Zec 3:1 waYar'ëniy et-y'hôshuª haKohën haGädôl omëd lif'nëy mal'akh' y'hwäh w'haSä†än omëd al-y'miynô l'si†'nô
Zec 3:2 waYomer y'hwäh el-haSä†än yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haSä†än w'yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haBochër Biyrûshäläim hálô zeh ûd muTZäl mëësh
Three "LORD", "יהוה", "y'hwäh", "JEHOVAH" are mentioned in Zechariah 3:2.

It is not one LORD mentioned 3 times, it is obvious that even one LORD that is standing on earth is speaking about another LORD in heaven, who is in agreement with another LORD. It is 3 Persons/Beings, each identified as an Individual or Personal "LORD".
Aren't you the one who believes Michael is your God and Savior?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know this by the context (Psalmist David), and by the NT writers, inspired of the Holy Ghost/Spirit, by at at least 3 witnesses, Matthew, Luke and Peter (in Acts 2:34, also written by Luke).

Matthew 22:44 KJB - The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mat 22:44 (GNT TR) ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου​

Mat 22:44 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS​

Context:

Mat 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Mat 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Mat 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Mat 22:41 (GNT TR) συνηγμενων δε των φαρισαιων επηρωτησεν αυτους ο ιησους
Mat 22:42 (GNT TR) λεγων τι υμιν δοκει περι του χριστου τινος υιος εστιν λεγουσιν αυτω του δαβιδ
Mat 22:43 (GNT TR) λεγει αυτοις πως ουν δαβιδ εν πνευματι κυριον αυτον καλει λεγων
Mat 22:44 (GNT TR) ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου καθου εκ δεξιων μου εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου
Mat 22:45 (GNT TR) ει ουν δαβιδ καλει αυτον κυριον πως υιος αυτου εστιν
Mat 22:46 (GNT TR) και ουδεις εδυνατο αυτω αποκριθηναι λογον ουδε ετολμησεν τις απ εκεινης της ημερας επερωτησαι αυτον ουκετι

Mat 22:41 (GNT TR+) συνηγμενωνG4863 V-RPP-GPM δεG1161 CONJ τωνG3588 T-GPM φαρισαιωνG5330 N-GPM επηρωτησενG1905 V-AAI-3S αυτουςG846 P-APM οG3588 T-NSM ιησουςG2424 N-NSM
Mat 22:42 (GNT TR+) λεγωνG3004 V-PAP-NSM τιG5101 I-NSN υμινG4771 P-2DP δοκειG1380 V-PAI-3S περιG4012 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM χριστουG5547 N-GSM τινοςG5101 I-GSM υιοςG5207 N-NSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S λεγουσινG3004 V-PAI-3P αυτωG846 P-DSM τουG3588 T-GSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI
Mat 22:43 (GNT TR+) λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S αυτοιςG846 P-DPM πωςG4459 ADV-I ουνG3767 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ενG1722 PREP πνευματιG4151 N-DSN κυριονG2962 N-ASM αυτονG846 P-ASM καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S λεγωνG3004 V-PAP-NSM
Mat 22:44 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS
Mat 22:45 (GNT TR+) ειG1487 COND ουνG3767 CONJ δαβιδG1138 N-PRI καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S αυτονG846 P-ASM κυριονG2962 N-ASM πωςG4459 ADV-I υιοςG5207 N-NSM αυτουG846 P-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S
Mat 22:46 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ ουδειςG3762 A-NSM-N εδυνατοG1410 V-INI-3S αυτωG846 P-DSM αποκριθηναιG611 V-AON λογονG3056 N-ASM ουδεG3761 CONJ-N ετολμησενG5111 V-AAI-3S τιςG5100 X-NSM απG575 PREP εκεινηςG1565 D-GSF τηςG3588 T-GSF ημεραςG2250 N-GSF επερωτησαιG1905 V-AAN αυτονG846 P-ASM ουκετιG3765 ADV-N​

Next:

Luke 20:42 KJB - And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luk 20:42 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S ενG1722 PREP βιβλωG976 N-DSF ψαλμωνG5568 N-GPM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS​

Context:

Luk 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
Luk 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Luk 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Luk 20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Luk 20:41 (GNT TR) ειπεν δε προς αυτους πως λεγουσιν τον χριστον υιον δαβιδ ειναι
Luk 20:43 (GNT TR) εως αν θω τους εχθρους σου υποποδιον των ποδων σου
Luk 20:44 (GNT TR) δαβιδ ουν κυριον αυτον καλει και πως υιος αυτου εστιν

Luk 20:41 (GNT TR+) ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S δεG1161 CONJ προςG4314 PREP αυτουςG846 P-APM πωςG4459 ADV-I λεγουσινG3004 V-PAI-3P τονG3588 T-ASM χριστονG5547 N-ASM υιονG5207 N-ASM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ειναιG1510 V-PAN
Luk 20:42 (GNT TR+) καιG2532 CONJ αυτοςG846 P-NSM δαβιδG1138 N-PRI λεγειG3004 V-PAI-3S ενG1722 PREP βιβλωG976 N-DSF ψαλμωνG5568 N-GPM ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S οG3588 T-NSM κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM μουG1473 P-1GS καθουG2521 V-PNM-2S εκG1537 PREP δεξιωνG1188 A-GPM μουG1473 P-1GS
Luk 20:43 (GNT TR+) εωςG2193 ADV ανG302 PRT θωG5087 V-2AAS-1S τουςG3588 T-APM εχθρουςG2190 A-APM σουG4771 P-2GS υποποδιονG5286 N-ASN τωνG3588 T-GPM ποδωνG4228 N-GPM σουG4771 P-2GS
Luk 20:44 (GNT TR+) δαβιδG1138 N-PRI ουνG3767 CONJ κυριονG2962 N-ASM αυτονG846 P-ASM καλειG2564 V-PAI-3S καιG2532 CONJ πωςG4459 ADV-I υιοςG5207 N-NSM αυτουG846 P-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S​
Why the smoke screen? Why not take one verse at a time??? You're a Greek expert? Hmm

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you the one who believes Michael is your God and Savior?
Michael (a symbolic name) is the Son (aka Jesus, E/Immanuel, David, Solomon, etc) of the Father, thus Deity (God, John 1:1c), the deliverer (Daniel 12:1) sent by the Father as His messenger to us ward. So, Yes, the Son is God (John 1:1c). Michael (a symbolic name) means He who is like God (the Father), see John 1:1b; Hebrew 1:3 "express image", whom the Son was with from/in eternity.

Who is the 'angel (the Son) of the LORD (the Father)" in Zechariah 3:1?

Is it verily the "LORD" (the Son) of vs 2, who says unto Satan, "The LORD (the Father) rebuke thee. ..."?, because the Son came on behalf of the Father to Joshua the High Priest.

Zechariah 3 and Jude are parallel in statements. Along with Daniel and Revelation. I show this in my linked studies in post 2 (this thread) - Michael is Jesus? .

Would you equate being "delivered" as being "saved" (2 Samuel 19:9; 1 Chronicles 11:14' Psalms 33:16):

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.​

Again, here:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon w as cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.​

I hope that is clear enough for you. Michael (symbolic name) is Christ (the Anointed of the Father, the Salvation which is of God). I have shown you from Daniel 12:1, and now Revelation 12:7-10.

Is the word "Dragon" used as a symbolic name of someone, or is there a natural lizard fighting in Heaven?

You see, verse 7 is written in parallel form, a 'chiasm'. If one is not symbolic, neither is the other, but if one is, so too the other.

So, using the Bible, in context, Revelation 12:7 and the word "Dragon" is a symbolic name and that symbol is identified in verse 9, correct, and the "Dragon" is really a symbolic name of "the Devil and Satan", yes?

Then the symbolic name of "Michael" should also be identified in the context too. Let's see:

The "Dragon" is "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan", and he is the one which "deceiveth", and is the "accuser" and "accused". It is so clear! Now, we need to look at "Michael" the same way, being consistent.

"Michael" is the "Christ" of the Father, is "the Lamb", is the "salvation" of God the Father, and is how people "overcame", and when Michael stands for the people, they are "delivered".

So, yes, the eternal and uncreated Son (Michael/Jesus) of the Father is "my Lord and my God" (John 20:28), "my Lord and Saviour" (2 Peter 1:11, 2:20, 3:2,18). I hope that has answered you as you need.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael (a symbolic name) is the Son (aka Jesus, E/Immanuel, David, Solomon, etc) of the Father, thus Deity (God, John 1:1c), the deliverer (Daniel 12:1) sent by the Father as His messenger to us ward. So, Yes, the Son is God (John 1:1c). Michael (a symbolic name) means He who is like God (the Father), see John 1:1b; Hebrew 1:3 "express image", whom the Son was with from/in eternity.

Is it verily the "LORD" (the Son) of vs 2, who says unto Satan, "The LORD (the Father) rebuke thee. ..."?, because the Son came on behalf of the Father to Joshua the High Priest.

Zechariah 3 and Jude are parallel in statements. Along with Daniel and Revelation. I show this in my linked studies in post 2 (this thread) - Michael is Jesus? .

Would you equate being "delivered" as being "saved" (2 Samuel 19:9; 1 Chronicles 11:14' Psalms 33:16):

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.​

Again, here:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon w as cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.​

I hope that is clear enough for you. Michael (symbolic name) is Christ (the Anointed of the Father, the Salvation which is of God). I have shown you from Daniel 12:1, and now Revelation 12:7-10.

Is the word "Dragon" used as a symbolic name of someone, or is there a natural lizard fighting in Heaven?

You see, verse 7 is written in parallel form, a 'chiasm'. If one is not symbolic, neither is the other, but if one is, so too the other.

So, using the Bible, in context, Revelation 12:7 and the word "Dragon" is a symbolic name and that symbol is identified in verse 9, correct, and the "Dragon" is really a symbolic name of "the Devil and Satan", yes?

Then the symbolic name of "Michael" should also be identified in the context too. Let's see:

The "Dragon" is "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan", and he is the one which "deceiveth", and is the "accuser" and "accused". It is so clear! Now, we need to look at "Michael" the same way, being consistent.

"Michael" is the "Christ" of the Father, is "the Lamb", is the "salvation" of God the Father, and is how people "overcame", and when Michael stands for the people, they are "delivered".

So, yes, the eternal and uncreated Son (Michael/Jesus) of the Father is "my Lord and my God" (John 20:28), "my Lord and Saviour" (2 Peter 1:11, 2:20, 3:2,18). I hope that has answered you as you need.
If you don't want to answer yes or no just say so. "Aren't you the one who believes Michael is your God and Savior?"

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again, here:

Michael had to get the Lord to rebuke Satan - because he dared not do it.

Michael is not Jesus, obviously.

Jud 1:9 Not even the chief angel Michael did this. In his quarrel with the Devil, when they argued about who would have the body of Moses, Michael did not dare condemn the Devil with insulting words, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you don't want to answer yes or no just say so. "Aren't you the one who believes Michael is your God and Savior?"
There are a few options that your reply here indicate kcnalp; you either haven't read ReChoired's post; you cannot comprehend it or you just don't want to know.