Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus Christ create himself or was he begotten by someone else Before him??

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Reactions: theQuestioneer

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Jesus' body was created by the Holy Spirit. I believe that to be the Father's spirit.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Wrangler

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus was Begotten, then he was Begotten by Someone who Already Existed.
  • In the Beginning was the Word
  • Firstborn of All Creation
I think I'm in agreement with you by the Title of this thread, but I'm still unsure how that contradicts the trinity doctrine.

Forgive me.

Does the trinity state that none of the 3 could have been begotten?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You will fail trying to argue Spiritual Understanding with a Carnal Mind.

God "declared" His Word, to Be Gods Son.
Any Spiritual Understanding person, would KNOW...God is without Beginning. It is impossible for God to "reproduce" something without a beginning.
God did not have a baby!
Gods Word came forth out of Gods mouth...
Numerous times long before mankind was created.

It was in Particular "last days", Gods LIVING WORD, came forth out from the LIVING GOD and God having prepared a BODY for His Word, Sent His Word to Earth, and Expressly said: God in Heaven would be A FATHER TO His Word, and His WORD would be A SON TO God.

Before God Declared His Word to BE His Son...
Gen 1:3.....God SAID...
THAT ^ Is Gods Word coming forth out of Gods mouth, (at that time, Gods Word was neither called, Son, or Jesus.)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi BroRando, welcome to the forum.

I talk it from this and other posts of yours that you’re a JW. Hello. We have other JW posters on here too.

I myself just wanted to say hello. I’ve thoroughly studied JW and disagree. But still indeed can be friendly!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus was Begotten, then he was Begotten by Someone who Already Existed.
  • In the Beginning was the Word
  • Firstborn of All Creation

God IS ETERNAL without Beginning.
THe FIRST "Living thing" to come forth OUT from God....WAS Gods WORD.

Born, IS a living thing, coming forth out from a living thing.

Gen 1
[1] In the beginning God "created" the heaven and the earth.

Gods Will, Gods Word, Gods Spirit (Power)...
All work together in agreement to create His creations/

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since Jesus was God he was never created or begotten but has existed eternally. When he was incarnated his human body was begotten just as all of us are, but his birth was not the beginning of his existence. His final prayer before his arrest included this phrase, "And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed." (John 17:5 ESV)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The fact that the Son is “eternally begotten” of the Father does NOT mean that He was BORN of the Father. “Begotten”, in this sense simply means “to cause to be”.

Remember that God is the cause of His OWN existence – outside of time. So, even though the Son is ETERNALLY existent (John 1:1, Rev. 13:8) – the Father caused Him to be – just as He caused Himself to be. The Holy Spirit wasn't "born", either, as He "proceeds from" both the Father AND the Son.

Reactions: GEN2REV