Seed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Jeremiah 31:27 mean when God says : “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.”

I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah ...with the seed of beast?

What beast?

The verse in context: Jeremiah 31:27-33
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. [28] And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord . [29] In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. [30] But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge. [31] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord : [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord , I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seed of man is the teaching that pulls down* the Babylonian towers of falsehood and idolatry and builds instead the Spiritual Jerusalem of the mind (Israel), where God is known and worshiped. Seed of beast is the moral teaching that afflicts* the body – and those of bestial manners - and plants in it the various ways, as if plants, of the virtues. A good harvest of the latter is the mark of a true Judean** and of a clean beast of the flock of Christ. An abundance of knowledge (of God) through participation in His Holiness is the mark of a true Israelite and of a man of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13).

* The Septuagint version of verse 28 contrasts pull down and afflict with build and plant: “And it shall come to pass, that as I watched over them, to pull down, and to afflict, so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord.”
** Judah translated means praise and outward confession. By means of virtuous works we confess our faith and arouse to praise those around us (Matthew 5:16). So Judah can be associated with faith and thus with the quote from the Ephesians.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seed of man is the teaching that pulls down* the Babylonian towers of falsehood and idolatry and builds instead the Spiritual Jerusalem of the mind (Israel), where God is known and worshiped. Seed of beast is the moral teaching that afflicts* the body – and those of bestial manners - and plants in it the various ways, as if plants, of the virtues. A good harvest of the latter is the mark of a true Judean** and of a clean beast of the flock of Christ. An abundance of knowledge (of God) through participation in His Holiness is the mark of a true Israelite and of a man of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13).

Not following here?

Isaiah 43:19-20
[19] Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. [20] The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

* The Septuagint version of verse 28 contrasts pull down and afflict with build and plant: “And it shall come to pass, that as I watched over them, to pull down, and to afflict, so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord.”

This makes sense.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Something to do with Israel's mingling with the nations? Malachi indicates that Israel needed purging, refining...

Daniel 2:43-44
[43] And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. [44] And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Daniel 2:43-44
[43] And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. [44] And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Interesting verse there also! :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Domestic animals -- cattle, sheep, and goats.

o_O You don’t mean literal cattle, sheep, and goats...correct? you mean men? As in Habakkuk 3:17-18
[17] Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: [18] Yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
o_O You don’t mean literal cattle, sheep, and goats...correct? you mean men? As in Habakkuk 3:17-18
[17] Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: [18] Yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will joy in the God of my salvation.
A very searching verse there in Habakkuk; shows that we really need to get our Godward priorities right!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don’t mean literal cattle, sheep, and goats...correct? you mean men?
No. We are talking about actual domestic animals.

You cannot take the prophecy of Jeremiah in isolation. It has to be tied into all the prophecies regarding redeemed and restored Israel on earth under Christ, both during and after the Millennium.

So here are some Scriptures to confirm that the *beasts* of Jeremiah are simply domestic animals.

Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan. And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound. (Isa 30:23-26)

But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown: And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded: And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezek 36:8-11)

Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him... And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. (Ezek 38:2,11,12)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. We are talking about actual domestic animals.

Jeremiah 31:27
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

How did the Lord sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah...with the seed of actual domestic animals?

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not following here?
The sower went out to saw his seed...? (Matthew 13:3-9)
Isaiah 43:19-20
[19] Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. [20] The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
Beasts of the field, dragons* and owls, unclean animals of land, sea and air, are symbols of the evil characters of the nations, that St Peter the Apostle saw in a vision and who, along with the rest of the apostolic rivers, watered their deserted lands - of the nations that is, God's chosen people.

_______
* LXX has sirens.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How did the Lord sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah...with the seed of actual domestic animals?
This is not past tense but future tense -- "how will the Lord". And the Scriptures I quoted showed you the "how" of God sowing the seed of the houses of Judah and Israel, and then POPULATING redeemed and restored Israel with domestic animals. Please study the prophecy of Ezekiel in depth, and see how God makes Judah and Israel into unto kingdom under Christ.

EZEKIEL 37
15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sower went out to saw his seed...? (Matthew 13:3-9)

Beasts of the field, dragons* and owls, unclean animals of land, sea and air, are symbols of the evil characters of the nations, that St Peter the Apostle saw in a vision and who, along with the rest of the apostolic rivers, watered their deserted lands - of the nations that is, God's chosen people.

_______
* LXX has sirens.
BINGO, you hit it on the head. the sower went out to sow. beast are symbols of the evil characters of the nations, and or spirits/angels,. example
2Pet 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2Pet 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2Pet 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

and to know who these brute beast are, just go back to verse 4.

and to make it plain, there was a group of "Evil" men, a generation of then called vipers... snakes,
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
also see, Matthews 12:34, Matthews 23:33, and Luke 3:7.

but lets go to the original beast, the one in the garden,
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Matt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Matt 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Matt 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. (the mixed of the two)
Matt 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Matt 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Matt 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Matt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

so no, the beast are not animals, domestic or wild.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BINGO, you hit it on the head. the sower went out to sow. beast are symbols of the evil characters of the nations, and or spirits/angels,. example
2Pet 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2Pet 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2Pet 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

and to know who these brute beast are, just go back to verse 4.

and to make it plain, there was a group of "Evil" men, a generation of then called vipers... snakes,
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
also see, Matthews 12:34, Matthews 23:33, and Luke 3:7.

but lets go to the original beast, the one in the garden,
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Matt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Matt 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Matt 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. (the mixed of the two)
Matt 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Matt 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Matt 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Matt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Hosea 2:18-23
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: (Acts 11:5-10) and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. [19] And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. [20] I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord . [21] And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the Lord , I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth; [22] And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel. [23] And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hosea 2:18-23
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: (Acts 11:5-10) and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. [19] And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. [20] I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord . [21] And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the Lord , I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth; [22] And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel. [23] And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.
Hosea is such a searching book. (The situation of Gomer and Hosea's expected attitude...)