"Seeing Him Who Is Invisible"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. . ( Something 'borrowed')

"Jesus took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray, and as He prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering... they saw his glory" (Luke 9:29-32).

"If I have found grace in Thy sight, show me Thy glory" (Exodus 33:13).

When Jesus took these three disciples up into that high mountain apart, He brought them into close communion with Himself. They saw no man but Jesus only; and it was good to be there. Heaven is not far from those who tarry on the mount with their Lord.

Who has not in moments of meditation and prayer caught a glimpse of opening gates?
Who has not in the secret place of holy communion felt the rush of some white surging wave of emotion--a foretaste of the joy of the blessed?

The Master had times and places for quiet converse with His disciples, once on the peak of Hermon, but oftener on the sacred slopes of Olivet. Every Christian should have his Olivet. Most of us, especially in the cities and towns, live at high pressure. From early morning until bedtime we are exposed to the whirl. Amid all this maelstrom how little chance for quiet thought, for God's Word, for prayer and heart fellowship!

Daniel needed to have an Olivet in his chamber amid Babylon's roar and idolatries.
Peter found his on a housetop in Joppa.

Dr. Joseph Parker once said: "If we do not get back to visions, and peeps into heaven, consciousness of the higher glory and the larger life, we will shall lose our passion, our altar will become a bare stone, unblessed by visitant from Heaven."

. . Here is the world's need today--men who have seen their Lord.

. . . .~ From "The Lost Art of Meditation" ~

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WELL! Isn't this a breath of fresh air.
I'm so used to other forums with antagonistic views on this, debating ...
against meditation, against that we can see the invisible, thinking only in death
can we see God or be in the peace of Heaven here.
Thank you "ByGrace" and the others before me!
SO glad I came back here after years on other Forums.
icon_thumleft.gif

Reactions: ScottA and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . ( Something 'borrowed')
Who has not in moments of meditation and prayer caught a glimpse of opening gates?
Who has not in the secret place of holy communion felt the rush of some white surging wave of emotion--a foretaste of the joy of the blessed?

Daniel needed to have an Olivet in his chamber amid Babylon's roar and idolatries.
Peter found his on a housetop in Joppa.

Dr. Joseph Parker once said: "If we do not get back to visions, and peeps into heaven, consciousness of the higher glory and the larger life, we will shall lose our passion, our altar will become a bare stone, unblessed by visitant from Heaven."

. . Here is the world's need today--men who have seen their Lord.

. . . .~ From "The Lost Art of Meditation" ~

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Prov 29:18

Reactions: prashanthd

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
75fb45df-b1c9-4150-869b-95992da9bdb3-360x640.jpg Not always in the past but now for the last year and more I can look up anytime and sense the presence of the Holy Spirit. I've always known, at least after I was saved 40 years ago, what Jesus said that He'll never leave us or forsake us.

Not working anymore I spend the days thinking and meditating upon the Lord off and on throughout the day. He's always impressing me with scriptures or showing me a vision or picture in my spirit. Many of which I sketch and add scriptures to to make memes.

It's a matter of time. How much time do you spend with Him? A question on another forum asked how do you get to know God? How do we get to know anyone? By spending time with them. There is no substitute for time. It takes years to really know a person. The more time you spend one on one with Him the better you'll know Him. Simple but not easy. It means He comes first and He should. Hope you all get to know Him better. Me too. He's got nothing but time for you. You can come before Him without an appointment. He wants to know "what things"?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There indeed are those who dream dreams and see visions and whom have seen God through Christ who is now among us. He has come in the flesh. Those who have seen Him are grouped together with those who also envision evil, but God is faithful and makes a way for those who know Him. Blessed are those who look for Him while the door remains open. Blessed are those who now buy oil of the spirit. Blessed are those who go in to Him. Blessed are those who serve in spirit. Blessed are those who hear His voice and answer. Blessed are we that He should call upon us and come to us while we are yet in the world. This is the first resurrection. He reigns. To God be the glory!