Seeing into the Spirit realm.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

Does anyone else have this gift? Positive replies only please. No unbelieving scoffers - Psalms 1:1

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

Does anyone else have this gift? Positive replies only please. No unbelieving scoffers - Psalms 1:1
"Does anyone else have this gift?"
I wish!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe all born again Christian's have that glow. Why, because I met this 1 angel. The angel stopped walking, looked at me and said "you know Jesus don't you". I said " yes I do". How did the angel know.?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t think you’re going to find a formula, per se. There’s a gift, yeah, but there’s also having your senses trained to discern good from evil rather than just always believing everyone is telling the truth and always giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Its usually a problem with us that we take all people at their word. We will do this EVEN if their actions don’t match up with their words Or even if they’re extolling their virtues. We can’t yet see that if someone was truly virtuous, they wouldn’t be trying so hard to convince us they were.
So, senses trained to discern is more about beginning to see when…some sort of discrepancy is visible.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Does anyone else have this gift?"
I wish!
I have the gift of discernment which has helped me in a number of Jobs. I can also see the unseen but only when the Lord allows. He just doesn't show me stuff unless it is necessary....That specific gift is part and parcel of the deliverance ministry...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the gift of discernment which has helped me in a number of Jobs. I can also see the unseen but only when the Lord allows. He just doesn't show me stuff unless it is necessary....That specific gift is part and parcel of the deliverance ministry...
Actually, all along I thought I had no gift other than hospitality but, God has over just the last decade brought to me much discernment with people in general. As far as seeing anything, nothing at all. I have not remembered but one dream only that I have had in I cannot remember when. I was on a motorcycle riding on the sea. It was very foggy and my bike was ripping over the water and I could see nothing. I did detect a certain fear in that dream. That was the last dream I can even remember. It's been well over a decade that I have remembered any dream at all.
Would be nice to find a good deliverance ministry around me.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching.
This is how the Spirit fell on me as a child, I was listening to a missionary preaching from Africa, (Ivory coast) he had a distinct glow around him.... This is the gift of discerning of Spirits. But like tongues, there is more to it.... for a week or so I could see the glow around certain people in my church, but not others., It was later in life that the revealing of Demons occurred. Unfortunately, I was in a Baptist church and when I told my Sunday school teacher, she said to keep it to myself, and it was never fully backed with the word of Knowledge. I Believe this will be the final outpouring, the latter rain, before judgment can begin.... This news brings me great joy, that the LORD is coming soon, but also great distress because of the judgments. Please, keep us informed of this.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think you’re going to find a formula, per se. There’s a gift, yeah, but there’s also having your senses trained to discern good from evil rather than just always believing everyone is telling the truth and always giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.
We all have the gift of discernment.... that is to say the Holy Ghost gives us the ability to see who is pulling the wool over us.... but this is different, it is visual, and the church as a whole has not experienced this in centuries.... Think of the Old paintings depicting halo's around the saints to understand what is being spoken of here.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From A.W. Tozer

For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. --Acts 20:29-30

Within the circles of evangelical Christianity itself there has arisen in the last few years dangerous and dismaying trends away from true Bible Christianity. A spirit has been introduced which is surely not the Spirit of Christ, methods employed which are wholly carnal, objectives adopted which have not one line of Scripture to support them, a level of conduct accepted which is practically identical with that of the world--and yet scarcely one voice has been raised in opposition. And this in spite of the fact that the Bible- honoring followers of Christ lament among themselves the dangerous, wobbly course things are taking....

The times call for a Spirit-baptized and articulate orthodoxy. They whose souls have been illuminated by the Holy Ghost must arise and under God assume leadership. There are those among us whose hearts can discern between the true and the false, whose spiritual sense of smell enables them to detect the spurious afar off, who have the blessed gift of knowing. Let such as these arise and be heard. Who knows but the Lord may yet return and leave a blessing behind Him? The Price of Neglect, 6-7.

"Lord, may I be one of those 'whose souls have been illuminated by the Holy Ghost.' Grant to me 'the blessed gift of knowing.' And then be pleased to use me for Your glory today. Amen."

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Go back to the grass roots. Open your hearts and search the Scriptures. Bear your cross, follow your Lord and pay no heed to the passing religious vogue. The masses are always wrong. In every generation the number of the righteous is small. Be sure you are among them.” AW Tozer

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, all along I thought I had no gift other than hospitality but, God has over just the last decade brought to me much discernment with people in general. As far as seeing anything, nothing at all. I have not remembered but one dream only that I have had in I cannot remember when. I was on a motorcycle riding on the sea. It was very foggy and my bike was ripping over the water and I could see nothing. I did detect a certain fear in that dream. That was the last dream I can even remember. It's been well over a decade that I have remembered any dream at all.
Would be nice to find a good deliverance ministry around me.
Blessings in Christ Jesus .A dream from The Lord, is one that will be remembered for a long time. You dream reveals your gift. The last time I was on the back of a motorcycle I started to fear, and The lord said, "My Son, I have not given you a spirit of fear". After that, there was no fear on the bike. The Gift of Faith is the gift is being used in your dream. Believing The Lord and trusting Him. I have this gift and I know that the gifts may have been given, but in truth, they are Him in us. Once The Lord enters in, so are His Gifts, so are The fruits of The Spirit which manifest in time as we die to self. So yeh, Nancy has a gift. A gift of faith. To get to where you are today, and face all the adversities you have faced, takes faith. To ride a motorcycle on the sea, not being able to see, takes faith that The Lord will get you through. And He does. One day long ago, I ask The Lord how He walked on the water and He said,"My son, I believed, and so I walked." I believe, without doubting, that The Lord will provide what I need, when I am out in the world. And He is faithful to provide. That is how witnessing and preaching in The Spirit is meant to be done. Just today, I had not planned on anything, but found myself in The Spirit preaching to an old friend I ran into. This comes from the gift of faith and is The Lord's doing .From the gift of faith springs forth other gifts as well. Thinking we have nothing, but when we truly have Him, we have everything. Everything we need and more. And so it may be known, all of my post from day one, have been writen through the eyes of discernment, the gift of discernment of Spirits, for The Glory of The Lord, the edifying(lifting up) of my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, and warnings of the false when needed, weather believed or not. The only gift we have the ability to use at will is the gifts of tongues. Every thing else is The Lords doing as He see's fit, and when He see's fit. Al Glory, Honor and Power belong to The Lord.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus .A dream from The Lord, is one that will be remembered for a long time. You dream reveals your gift. The last time I was on the back of a motorcycle I started to fear, and The lord said, "My Son, I have not given you a spirit of fear". After that, there was no fear on the bike. The Gift of Faith is the gift is being used in your dream. Believing The Lord and trusting Him. I have this gift and I know that the gifts may have been given, but in truth, they are Him in us. Once The Lord enters in, so are His Gifts, so are The fruits of The Spirit which manifest in time as we die to self. So yeh, Nancy has a gift. A gift of faith. To get to where you are today, and face all the adversities you have faced, takes faith. To ride a motorcycle on the sea, not being able to see, takes faith that The Lord will get you through. And He does. One day long ago, I ask The Lord how He walked on the water and He said,"My son, I believed, and so I walked." I believe, without doubting, that The Lord will provide what I need, when I am out in the world. And He is faithful to provide. That is how witnessing and preaching in The Spirit is meant to be done. Just today, I had not planned on anything, but found myself in The Spirit preaching to an old friend I ran into. This comes from the gift of faith and is The Lord's doing .From the gift of faith springs forth other gifts as well. Thinking we have nothing, but when we truly have Him, we have everything. Everything we need and more. And so it may be known, all of my post from day one, have been writen through the eyes of discernment, the gift of discernment of Spirits, for The Glory of The Lord, the edifying(lifting up) of my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, and warnings of the false when needed, weather believed or not. The only gift we have the ability to use at will is the gifts of tongues. Every thing else is The Lords doing as He see's fit, and when He see's fit. Al Glory, Honor and Power belong to The Lord.
Thank you, something to think about for sure. I totally agree with you that if God is all we have then we have all we need :)

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I have a few comments on this.

First off when I came out of darkness by ability to see aura's disappeared as I was delivered. I used to walk into a lecture theatre and see coloured light over peoples heads. It was a dark gift.

However what you describe sounds different.

There was a missionary in Upper Volta who witnessed a revival in a girls school. For about three days straight they worshiped Jesus in the playground.
He decided to photograph it and the amazing thing is that those who had hands raised were enveloped by a bronze light (I have seen the photos.) He himself could not see this and was stunned when the photos were developed. You can PM me for his name if you need. He was with WEC.

As for having the ability to see into the spiritual realm like Elijah's servant, I have had my eyes opened a few times in this way - not sure it is a gift. The gift of the discernment of spirits operates differently with me. When I need to speak against a spirit I sense the evil presence in my spirit and it is not visual. However God works in different ways with different people.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off when I came out of darkness by ability to see aura's disappeared as I was delivered. I used to walk into a lecture theatre and see coloured light over peoples heads. It was a dark gift.
The demonic can also see the light emanating from the saints, and is how they know who to oppose and oppress. So Yes, there is a "dark" manifestation of this gift.... "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are ye?" (Acts 19:15) Those are the words of a demon recorded in scripture. So they see these things.

My view is that the seeing of this Light in true believers is the initial outpouring of this gift, then this gift deepens into a knowing of who is genuine and who is not.... I think this will be vital for the end times as the saints will emerge from all the mainstream denominations, as there are no denominations with God.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The demonic can also see the light emanating from the saints, and is how they know who to oppose and oppress. So Yes, there is a "dark" manifestation of this gift.... "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are ye?" (Acts 19:15) Those are the words of a demon recorded in scripture. So they see these things.

My view is that the seeing of this Light in true believers is the initial outpouring of this gift, then this gift deepens into a knowing of who is genuine and who is not.... I think this will be vital for the end times as the saints will emerge from all the mainstream denominations, as there are no denominations with God.
" I think this will be vital for the end times as the saints will emerge from all the mainstream denominations, as there are no denominations with God."

This I see as possibly referring to the great apostacy, as well as those who "Heap up teachers with itching ears" and will "no longer adhere to sound doctrine". The true Christians will "come out of her"...the world system, the new age church's. Can't you see many going underground to worship and learn of Him?

"This is how they will know you are my followers, if you have love for one another"

As far as a glowing light around a person goes, I cannot see how a person can physically "see" this emanation. Does not mean it does not happen but, I would like to continue to believe without seeing and using discernment through the reading and studying of the words in scripture. Huh, maybe one day God will allow me to witness this phenomena :)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" I think this will be vital for the end times as the saints will emerge from all the mainstream denominations, as there are no denominations with God."

This I see as possibly referring to the great apostacy, as well as those who "Heap up teachers with itching ears" and will "no longer adhere to sound doctrine". The true Christians will "come out of her"...the world system, the new age church's. Can't you see many going underground to worship and learn of Him?

"This is how they will know you are my followers, if you have love for one another"

As far as a glowing light around a person goes, I cannot see how a person can physically "see" this emanation. Does not mean it does not happen but, I would like to continue to believe without seeing and using discernment through the reading and studying of the words in scripture. Huh, maybe one day God will allow me to witness this phenomena :)
I Believe you will Nancy, one day soon. Beautiful comment here, and your light is emanating in your words. You are making all the right connections here.... I believe we are on the verge of this outpouring. Read Isaiah 60:1-4, Let the Spirit speak to you.