Seeing into the Spirit realm.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amigo, I was going to say the same thing. Its a good thing I kept reading and saw your post before I posted.

This is where we are now:

2 Thes. 2:
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first

Even the holiness Methodist denomination has fallen into accepting debauchery in the leadership! The Methodist church (Spirit-filled and gifted) I go to left the denomination and is now a community church. This is the church where I can see a white glow around the pastor's head and shoulders, but only as he preaches scripture. Some use the word aura, but I don't use that word as today it is associated with the occult on television, and in this church no demons are allowed! I can imagine they flee! I believe 'auras' are the devils counterfeits seen by psychic mediums. Some think it is common and everyone can see them. Well maybe in this era of the falling away the counterfeit is readily available as it may be for that person. But at our church there are only four of us who can see them. I couldn't until I asked God for His gift and believed He would, and He immediately answered. No counterfeits for this Christian!
Any church that puts the focus on unity and overlooks doctrine and sin for unity and fellowship MUST BE FLED .
Ye shall know them by their constant use of the words love and unity and that they never preach whole sound doctrine .
Rather they use what little doctrine they do use to support the idea we just need to join as one and come together .
FLEE those false places . UNITY under the dragon IS not UNITY under CHRIST .
IF we want an example of true unity , READ THE BIBLE . I bet in that bible we will see
how fast they all were to correct sin and error . YET in todays unity churches , YOU WONT SEE IT .
ITS about acceptance of persons over the TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amigo, I was going to say the same thing. Its a good thing I kept reading and saw your post before I posted.

This is where we are now:

2 Thes. 2:
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first

Even the holiness Methodist denomination has fallen into accepting debauchery in the leadership! The Methodist church (Spirit-filled and gifted) I go to left the denomination and is now a community church. This is the church where I can see a white glow around the pastor's head and shoulders, but only as he preaches scripture. Some use the word aura, but I don't use that word as today it is associated with the occult on television, and in this church no demons are allowed! I can imagine they flee! I believe 'auras' are the devils counterfeits seen by psychic mediums. Some think it is common and everyone can see them. Well maybe in this era of the falling away the counterfeit is readily available as it may be for that person. But at our church there are only four of us who can see them. I couldn't until I asked God for His gift and believed He would, and He immediately answered. No counterfeits for this Christian!
Yes indeed we are in the upmost of the falling away RIGHT NOW . RIGHT NOW . RIGHT NOW .
yet many keep thinking its far away . NOPE . ITS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF OUR FACES .
the problem is most folks are already in and part of that fallling away and they think its some kind of great revival
some kind of awakening . NOPE ITS THE DELUSION . ITS THE DELUSION being given those who rejected the love of THE TRUTH
and wanted and desired pleasure in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS . That is all this is . PEROID .

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any church that puts the focus on unity and overlooks doctrine and sin for unity and fellowship MUST BE FLED .
Ye shall know them by their constant use of the words love and unity and that they never preach whole sound doctrine .
Rather they use what little doctrine they do use to support the idea we just need to join as one and come together .
FLEE those false places . UNITY under the dragon IS not UNITY under CHRIST .
IF we want an example of true unity , READ THE BIBLE . I bet in that bible we will see
how fast they all were to correct sin and error . YET in todays unity churches , YOU WONT SEE IT .
ITS about acceptance of persons over the TRUTH .
I understand what you are saying, but Jesus wanted unity. That was His prayer for the Church in John 17. But what we must be unified in is sound doctrine, His true gospel of grace. In today's Church sound doctrine is very rare indeed. The meaning of grace has been turned into lasciviousness and licentiousness defined as unmerited favor. True Grace is the Divine Power of God to follow Christ's words and especially to abide in Him, and He in us, and all of us who believe alike be unified in the love of God to encourage each other as the time is drawing near for Christ's return for a SPOTLESS BRIDE. People don't read their Bibles for themselves to see if what they are being taught is even scriptural instead of the most common doctrine of demons.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying, but Jesus wanted unity. That was His prayer for the Church in John 17. But what we must be unified in is sound doctrine, His true gospel of grace. In today's Church sound doctrine is very rare indeed. The meaning of grace has been turned into lasciviousness and licentiousness defined as unmerited favor. True Grace is the Divine Power of God to follow Christ's words and especially to abide in Him, and He in us, and all of us who believe alike be unified in the love of God to encourage each other as the time is drawing near for Christ's return for a SPOTLESS BRIDE. People don't read their Bibles for themselves to see if what they are being taught is even scriptural instead of the most common doctrine of demons.
Not the kind of UNITY these churches are preaching .
Satan knows how to use words too . HE too preaches on unity , love and etc , but his versions are bad news .
Many a pastor in many a church has sold out to this false unity stuff . THEY have no idea of what TRUE UNITY IS
or what it entails . Just remember that .

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the kind of UNITY these churches are preaching .
Satan knows how to use words too . HE too preaches on unity , love and etc , but his versions are bad news .
Many a pastor in many a church has sold out to this false unity stuff . THEY have no idea of what TRUE UNITY IS
or what it entails . Just remember that .

Cults and communes are all about that kind of unity and love, including free love...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seeing into the Spirit realm.​

OP^

For me...
Seeing? No.
Noticed...at times...Nearness to another, a coldness pass by me.
Noticed...more often...Touching another, tap on back, shaking hands, not really feeling a “temperature change”, but more like feeling a light or feeling a darkness. (best I can explain it).

And yes, I still mingle, shake hands, touch and hug people.

Yes I do believe there ARE holy angels and demonic angels among us AND I do believe a person CAN “summon” either to be “present with a person”.

Yes I do have at times, what people commonly reference as a “gut feeling”...
And do “summon” holy angels to be in my presence...and even at times “another persons” presence.

Yes I do believe holy and demonic angels have great powers, to guide and influence people.

Glowing “about” a person, no I have not SEEN that.
I would suspect THAT “glowing” is more so an “indicator” the Spirit of God (opposed to an Angel) is with that person.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi and thank you for an interesting question, one of those with many answers and/or experiences as well...

In my experiences, God "reveals" certain "Gifts" to His Children in HIS perfect timing, and to build up the Body of Christ and assist in ways of God's Holy Spirit's guidance and promptings, etc...

From when I was a little girl, I remember seeing things that wasn't of this world, but I had no mature Christians in my life to help nurture my God-Given Gifts...

One day hubby and I took our granddaughters (11 and 2 yr. olds) to Baskin N Robbins, the store was decorated for halloween. Our 2 yr. old grandbaby asked her Papa, "What's that BIG ugly scary thing hanging in the corner?" Her Papa pointed to the black ghostly-gouly looking phantom decor above the ice cream freezers and told her to repeat after him..."YOU! Get OUT, IN JESUS' NAME!", as she repeated it out loudly too...:praying:

One day we had a family gathering at my cousin's place after a Celebration of Life services, and as I was standing at the food table, I discerned an evil presence, turning my attention to the upper right hand corner, I saw it and began praying in the Spirit quietly...Our 2 yr. old grandbaby walked up to me, she stopped, turned to look at the upper right corner of the food area, pointed to what she sees (that I'm also seeing too) and said, "YOU! GET OUT, IN JESUS NAME! GET OUT!", then it was gone and we continued to fill our plates with dessert! lol

My sister turned to our grandbaby and asked her, "Whatcha doing saying "In Jesus Name"?, don't say that!" I explained to her that that's what we taught her to do whenever she sees anything that makes her afraid or shouldn't be there (in physical and spirit). My sister said, "That's not good. How come MY grandkids don't have that Gift!" All I could say to her was, "You'd have to ask GOD about that!"

There's so many Gifts that God has armed us with, we just have to learn how to use them by surrendering wholeheartedly unto God...

When we were little, I WISHED I had mature Christians in our lives back then and to help us grow in our Christian walk sooner! lol When our Children and their Children and others in the Church share in their lives how the Lord is using them and to help others too, it's the kinds of Christian Communities that WE ALL need throughout the Churches networking together in Christ Jesus, touching every heart for God's Kingdom...From Glory to Glory! :praying:
:thumbsup:

This is the only spiritual thing I can see, though I've seen visions, and have had vivid dreams that I knew were from God. Plus, I can hear God's voice since 1977.

I have a Spirit-filled friend who can see a darkness hovering around people who have an attachment. And at times she has also seen the creature that was invisible to everyone else.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

Does anyone else have this gift? Positive replies only please. No unbelieving scoffers - Psalms 1:1
I would be one of those you asked for no replies that question the OP. So I won’t. On a positive note regarding seeing the Spirit …yes Elijah as someone mentioned comes to mind … but Moses also Hebrews 11:24-27 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; [25] Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; [26] Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. [27] By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Does anyone else have this gift?"
I wish!
Don’t forget: while reading the Word of God …you have been blessed with eyes to see Christ in the Word of God; you being blessed with the gift of sight into the Spirit in seeing Christ.❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t forget: while reading the Word of God …you have been blessed with eyes to see Christ in the Word of God; you being blessed with the gift of sight into the Spirit in seeing Christ.❤️
So you believe the Word of God, but are selective and you don't believe what it says is for you? I guess I have the faith of a child and believe everything in our New Covenant is for us and will not cease before the end of the Covenant.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is the only spiritual thing I can see, though I've seen visions, and have had vivid dreams that I knew were from God. Plus, I can hear God's voice since 1977.

I have a Spirit-filled friend who can see a darkness hovering around people who have an attachment. And at times she has also seen the creature that was invisible to everyone else.
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

believe not:
Deu_13:1-5; Pro_14:15; Jer_5:31, Jer_29:8-9; Mat_7:15-16, Mat_24:4-5; Rom_16:18; 2Pe_2:1
try:
Luk_12:57; Act_17:11; Rom_16:19; 1Co_14:29; 1Th_5:21; Rev_2:2
many:
1Jn_2:18; Mat_24:5, Mat_24:23-26; Mar_13:21; Luk_21:8; Act_20:29; 1Ti_4:1; 2Ti_3:13; 2Pe_2:1; 2Jn_1:7

Reactions: Keturah

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

believe not:
Deu_13:1-5; Pro_14:15; Jer_5:31, Jer_29:8-9; Mat_7:15-16, Mat_24:4-5; Rom_16:18; 2Pe_2:1
try:
Luk_12:57; Act_17:11; Rom_16:19; 1Co_14:29; 1Th_5:21; Rev_2:2
many:
1Jn_2:18; Mat_24:5, Mat_24:23-26; Mar_13:21; Luk_21:8; Act_20:29; 1Ti_4:1; 2Ti_3:13; 2Pe_2:1; 2Jn_1:7

I understand. That is why I questioned God first, and told Him if this was from Him to give it to me. If not, protect me from it, and let me know what was happening in that church.

It was from God.

For the last 46 years, since becoming filled with the Spirit of God, I've been able to hear God's voice, and He and I have quite the relationship. I fully trust Him and He answers 100% of my prayers. God knows my heart, and I don't look for the spectacular, just God's will.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand. That is why I questioned God first, and told Him if this was from Him to give it to me. If not, protect me from it, and let me know what was happening in that church.

It was from God.

For the last 46 years, since becoming filled with the Spirit of God, I've been able to hear God's voice, and He and I have quite the relationship. I fully trust Him and He answers 100% of my prayers. God knows my heart, and I don't look for the spectacular, just God's will.

Yes you do!!

Your hear the Lord's voice, wind up getting visions and dreams - which you can talk to Him about.

And yes, there are of course two sides of the spiritual realm (Good and Evil) but with practice using your spiritual senses you get to know about discernment of spirits (good and evil)!

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Yet the Pharisees, Sadducees, and the religious people (who even argued among themselves) felt they had the ability to discern good and evil without practicing hearing our Lord's voice!! They put their faith in the Scriptures instead of actually seeking Jesus Christ as the Word of God. So they didn't hear from the Lord, so didn't testify about Him!! They even told Him, (Jesus Christ) that He had a demon.

Jn 8:52 The Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.'

You know them. They fear the devil, instead of God. We fear the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, like a son or daughter would respect and their father, so the son and daughter of the Lord hear His voice, just like you wrote. So where is their testimony?????

There testimony consist of thinking others have a demon when they testify about hearing the Lord, but it is they whose father is the devil, otherwise they would testify about hearing Him!!!

There father, the devil, has them so blind and deaf that they can't hear, so they fear their father, the devil.

We true believers, don't fear the devil because our father is the Lord or lords and King of kings and there are more with us than against us. That doesn't mean we are not learning! He our Teacher, wants us learning. So He wants us to be wise, yet He also watches over us, and has His angels guarding us. Did they not even read:

Ps 91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.

Yet if you tell them about the angels He has guarding you, they will tell you that you have a demon, because that is all they know. They don't know about good and evil, but only evil - so they can only conclude that if you hear that you must have a demon because with their ears they barely hear and with their eyes they don't see, otherwise they could see the problem they have.

A testimony is placed in Jacob - you know about Jacob; the one who saw angels descending and ascending. They don't have a testimony like that because they don't actually know the Lord Jesus Christ like the Bible explains. He has not been revealed to them.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Jer 5:21,22 Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, Who have eyes but do not see; Who have ears but do not hear.
‘Do you not fear Me?’ declares the LORD. ‘Do you not tremble in My presence?
For I have placed the sand as a boundary for the sea, An eternal decree, so it cannot cross over it.
Though the waves toss, yet they cannot prevail; Though they roar, yet they cannot cross over it.

So 1st CenturyLady I read your testimony where you wrote:

"This is the only spiritual thing I can see, though I've seen visions, and have had vivid dreams that I knew were from God. Plus, I can hear God's voice since 1977."

That is a testimony of God, who alone is Good, and you also wrote:

"I have a Spirit-filled friend who can see a darkness hovering around people who have an attachment. And at times she has also seen the creature that was invisible to everyone else."

Of course you do! Having physical eyes means you can see the bank robber as well as the teller - and so with spiritual eyes you can see the Lord who speaks to you and also the darkness -- thus good and evil. And if you practice using your spiritual sense you will get better and better and discerning good and evil - but they can't discern good and evil because of them it was written "Who have eyes but do not see; Who have ears but do not hear." - and they prove it by their testimony - or lack thereof.

But again - that is not your testimony!! Your testimony is of someone who has eyes to see!!

You wrote: "On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot."

So you have a testimony - and they don't!!

I just want to encourage you!!!

If there was anything I might add - it would be that it is really not so much a gift as a normal Christian walk with our Lord Jesus Christ!! God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son... So He is really the gift to those who believe.

Ps 146:8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises up those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous;

That is just what the Lord does when we really believe in Him!! So, it is not so much a gift but is what happens if we believe in Him!! So having your eyes opens just means you believe in Him. Still, there is question of whether we are going to practice using our spiritual senses of not? We still have choices, even a choice to ask, like you did!

And of course you are also right about the Lord wanting unity!! That is unity under Him and in His Kingdom. He wishes that none should perish, but some are going to, simply because they don't believe and so don't ask Him to show them things! They search the Scriptures instead of seeking His voice, like you do.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this thread we find a person who testifies about hearing the Lord our God, then we see her attacked and questioned - but WHY?

It is this "WHY" that we need to consider, each of us ourselves, because considering "Why" we write what we do tells us a lot about us. It can tell us if we are seeking the Lord, Jesus Christ, ourselves or if we are listening to the accuser of the saints, the Devil and His dark forces.

First we need to have Wisdom, Understanding, and Knowledge - but what does that mean? It means we need to have God -the Holy Spirit, the Son of God who is one with God, and also God the Father. We can find this information and advise in Proverbs. Indeed the Lord our God has always tended to teach us with sayings and proverbs. If we indeed are being taught of God we would know this, just as it is also written in the Bible:

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,

Even that is in a parabolic form - old means the "Ancient of Days" (see Daniel 7:9)

So it is in Proverbs we read about Him God (Father, Son, Spirit) or perhaps (Spirit, Father,Son) as in the following verse:

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

In the above verse we see that the Lord sends us His Holy Spirt with the words of God, so that from the mouth of the Holy Spirit comes the words of knowledge that originated from the Father, and also the words of the Teacher (Jesus Christ) which give us understanding.

So first you must seeking Wisdom, the Holy Spirit, to get Knowledge (the words that originated from the Father) and an explanation from the Son, the Teacher, who gives us understanding. What is wrong is to lean on your own understanding!!

Prov 2:9 Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity and every good course.

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Many don't seek Him and wind up leaning on their own understanding, and they are encouraged to do so by the very dark forces of Satan that they fear. The Pharisees, Saducees, and even the Jews in general were doing that when Jesus the Christ took on flesh and dwelt in the flesh among men. He is still with us always, but God is spirit, so we now have to use our spiritual senses to pick up His Holy Spirit!

And that was what was testified to in the OP:
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Now there is nothing surprising about the above post, unless the person surprised is not used to using their spiritual senses!!!!!!!!

The Lady was helping out at God's church, and see starts seeing with her spiritual eyes, which should not be a surprise to any true believer! And she see a light, which of course we know that Jesus Christ is the light (or did we not really read our Bibles?), and she even turns back to God wanting to see more, and so she does.

This should be very normal for all us Christians, if indeed we do practice using our spiritual senses!!

Of course I too am a person walking around in the flesh, so I know that using my spiritual sense gets pretty weird pretty fast!! But that is not because we don't have spiritual senses, it is because we don't use them!!!! And not seeking God who is spirit, means not using our spiritual senses like we should!! This should be easy to explain, but to the person walking only in the flesh it is very hard to explain!! Those not practicing using their spiritual senses have NO ABILITY TO DISCERN GOOD AND EVIL, because they can't even hear and see what is going on around them!! This is covered in Hebrews 5. They don't even practice hearing from our Teacher!!

Heb 5:11 - 14 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

For me, what becomes quickly evident from reading the OP is that God, The Teacher, is training up this Lady and at "Sunday School". That is absolutely not surprising but should be expected!! Yet people start questioning her about whether it is the devil.

There is no reason to expect the devil is going to start opening up the eyes of someone at Sunday School, in God's church when we would expect the Teacher to be working with His people, is there???????

So again, "WHY" did they write what the did??? Did they seek the Lord? The real testimony on this thread about someone actually seeking the Lord is found right there in the OP. - I asked God to give me that ability, - so not from her accusers but from her, the Lady!!

As for me - the Lord talked to me about going on this forum last night, and wanted me to write on this again this morning!!

He is telling me that there are some who are looking for the speak in another persons eye and missing the log in their own eye!! If they don't get out that log it is going to cause them real problems, even problems the will result in eternal death not life.

It is important, He explained to me, that we ask ourselves why we are writing what we write? Is it a testimony to Him, or is it accusing His saints. We should know He takes this seriously!! The Bible is not going to save you. Believing in Him so seeking Him is what will save you - just like the Lady did!