• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"confessing sins".
--
Why would you need to confess what does not exist as reality, FOR the believer??

"behold, are you saying that sin does not exist"?

Sure it does, if you are an unbeliever....You are IN your sin, and you will "die in your sin" according to Jesus The Christ, if you do not become Born Again, and you'll end up in the Lake of Fire.

However if you are "In Christ", then your sin is on the Cross,... BECAUSE.... Jesus became your sin and DIED, and....so did your sin.

Now im going to jump way ahead here, and try to take you with me.....ok?

---------

All born again SAINTS, are "seated in Heavenly places In Christ".. right NOW... All Born Again SAINTS are "As Christ is, so are the BORN AGAIN, in this WORLD". right NOW.

So, there is no SIN found there, even if you are down here...... reading my post.

Now here is one more... Romans 4:8, settles the "sinning Christian" issue.. It says that God does not CHARGE the BORN AGAIN with ANY SIN...... and this is a BLESSING.

And why is that? Because God can't Judge TWICE , the same thing..

What does that mean? It means that because Jesus has already been JUDGED for ALL you sin, then this has forever settled God's judgement against all the Born Again.

-----------------------------

So what is the problem with some believers who are repenting and confessing ?

The problem is, they are not able to recognize YET< that "we are translated from Darkness to LIGHT".. We are CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"... RIGHT NOW !

And what does this mean? It means that your body is here, while your BORN AGAIN SPIRIT Exists within GOD Himself......in Spiritual UNION with GOD and CHRIST.

This is where WE ARE, the REAL US... if we are BORN AGAIN.......even tho we are walking around down here.

So once you see who you are IN CHRIST< and WHERE YOU ARE IN CHRIST, you'll stop thinking about sin, and you'll stop committing "works of the Flesh".

See, when you SEE this, when you get this Revelation of who you have become "" IN CHRIST""", then this will begin to ultimately free you from sin consciousness that is causing you to keep committing "works of the flesh"..

Reader, when you are able to SEE what i just told you, when you get this LIGHT, you will finally begin to "walk in the Spirit".

But until you do, you will keep "walking in the Flesh", and you'll keep committing "works of the flesh"... and you'll keep SEEING YOURSELF as a "sinner" .
-
However, If you WALK IN THE SPIRIT..... If you have the right MIND, the right spiritual understanding, = the Mind of Christ, the knowledge of the Truth,.... then this Truth, that is all of that working as one, will set you FREE to live the Christ empowered Holy Life.

Reactions: mjrhealth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that our relationship to the Father is that He does indeed see us in Christ...when He looks at us He sees the blood and righteousness of Jesus.

The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, has a job to do with us, that He is the One who sanctifies us.

And therefore He is dealing with our sins on a daily basis as they get exposed to the light of His presence in order that we might confess them unto forgiveness and cleansing (1 John 1:9).

So then, is it not true that in one sense we are not under the law (Romans 6:14) while in another sense we are still under the law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21)?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, has a job to do with us, that He is the One who sanctifies us.

1.) Sanctification, is "completed righteousness", ....is already accomplished by us being "in Christ". This is the effect of the Blood Atonement. Its the eternal effect of "The Gift of Righteousness".

So, where Christians, most, are totally theologically lost, regarding the basic understanding of their Salvation, is that.....there is a BORN AGAIN PART of us, the "new Creation", the "new man", "the circumcised born again Spirit from the FLESH"....= and this is what GOD evaluates and not our old man, or our carnal nature.
When we read that we are "as Christ IS, so are the BORN AGAIN.in this WORLD"...This is a LITERAL TRUTH. Its not symbolic.
And when we read that "we are seated in Heavenly places, IN CHRIST".... This is a literal truth. Its not symbolic.
Both of these are speaking of our BORN AGAIN SELF. This is the real us. THis is the "new Creation" US.... that is " ONE" with God and restored back in to the 1st Adam relationship with God.

What the Devil does, is use really bad teachers and really ungodly teaching to convince most Christians that their real selves is the "sinning repenting, failure". To be continued. = This is the devil's lie.
Most Christians see themselves, not as burn again into God's Spirit, but as the person who has a mind full of carnal ideas, and a self righteous personal identity.
So, until a person who is born again, sees themselves as GOD sees them....they will continue to evaluate themselves as a "saved sinner" and this wrong believing will keep them in bondage to their carnal flesh, their carnal mind, and their pride.

2. ) Jesus is our Sanctification. 1 Corinthians 1:30. """But of God you (the born againO are in Christ Jesus, = who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—"

So, once again, we see that every part of our redemption is totally based on who we are become IN CHRIST.....as once again, this is the "God perspective"< that most Christians have not been taught to realize as THEMSELVES....their real selves, their "new Creation" born again spiritual Identity.
Christians are literally , right now, Spiritual citizens of Heaven who are stuck in a dying body on earth, waiting for Jesus to come and get them, if they don't die first and meet Him that way, first.

Beyond those 2..
WE as disciples must submit to God's evaluation of who we are "in Christ" and from THAT mental place of Faith, we find Grace as our mental home, (mind of Christ) which brings us to the place in our walk with God that leads to more and more perfection = perfected discipleship = "walking in the Spirit".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"confessing sins".
--
Why would you need to confess what does not exist as reality, FOR the believer??

Sure it does, if you are an unbeliever....You are IN your sin, and you will "die in your sin" according to Jesus The Christ, if you do not become Born Again, and you'll end up in the Lake of Fire.

However if you are "In Christ", then your sin is on the Cross,... BECAUSE.... Jesus became your sin and DIED, and....so did your sin.

---------

All born again SAINTS, are "seated in Heavenly places In Christ".. right NOW... All Born Again SAINTS are "As Christ is, so are the BORN AGAIN, in this WORLD". right NOW.

So, there is no SIN found there, even if you are down here...... reading my post.

Now here is one more... Romans 4:8, settles the "sinning Christian" issue.. It says that God does not CHARGE the BORN AGAIN with ANY SIN...... and this is a BLESSING.

What does that mean? It means that because Jesus has already been JUDGED for ALL you sin, then this has forever settled God's judgement against all the Born Again.

The problem is, they are not able to recognize YET< that "we are translated from Darkness to LIGHT".. We are CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"... RIGHT NOW !

And what does this mean? It means that your body is here, while your BORN AGAIN SPIRIT Exists within GOD Himself......in Spiritual UNION with GOD and CHRIST.

This is where WE ARE, the REAL US... if we are BORN AGAIN.......even tho we are walking around down here.

So once you see who you are IN CHRIST< and WHERE YOU ARE IN CHRIST, you'll stop thinking about sin, and you'll stop committing "works of the Flesh".

See, when you SEE this, when you get this Revelation of who you have become "" IN CHRIST""", then this will begin to ultimately free you from sin consciousness that is causing you to keep committing "works of the flesh"..

Reader, when you are able to SEE what i just told you, when you get this LIGHT, you will finally begin to "walk in the Spirit".

But until you do, you will keep "walking in the Flesh", and you'll keep committing "works of the flesh"... and you'll keep SEEING YOURSELF as a "sinner" .
-
However, If you WALK IN THE SPIRIT..... If you have the right MIND, the right spiritual understanding, = the Mind of Christ, the knowledge of the Truth,.... then this Truth, that is all of that working as one, will set you FREE to live the Christ empowered Holy Life.

Gnosticism 101.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"confessing sins".
--

---------

-
Your theology is an idol. Spewing idolatry all over the forums IS a sin - a treacherous one.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gnosticism 101.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
You just like to hear yourself talk.

Here is the reality..

Jesus has your sin, or you have them.
You've decided that you do.
And i understand why you are deceived about this situation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your theology is an idol. Spewing idolatry all over the forums IS a sin - a treacherous one.

Here is the thing.
If you accuse someone of something but you can't present a quote or an actual argument, then all you are doing is being dishonest.
Also...
If you can't understand that im teaching that Salvation is all of God, entirely through the Blood of Jesus, and that this eliminates commandment keeping, lifestyle, and self effort as OUR part of it, then just keep reading my Threads and posts and it could be that you may come to understand the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the thing.
If you accuse someone of something but you can't present a quote or an actual argument, then all you are doing is being dishonest.
Also...
If you can't understand that im teaching that Salvation is all of God, entirely through the Blood of Jesus, and that this eliminates commandment keeping, lifestyle, and self effort as OUR part of it, then just keep reading my Threads and posts and it could be that you may come to understand the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't understand what an idol is. It's something you place more emphasis on then God, something that will hinder and blind you from having God reveal His Truth to you.

Paul warns us about idolatry and how we need to ACT upon it, we need to immediately DO something, take ACTION, don't just sit there, but put this to death.

1 Corinthians 10:14 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it. Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't understand what an idol is. It's something you place more emphasis on then God, something that will hinder and blind you from having God reveal His Truth to you.

Paul warns us about idolatry and how we need to ACT upon it, we need to immediately DO something, take ACTION, don't just sit there, but put this to death.

1 Corinthians 10:14 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it. Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
I think that what @Behold is trying to get across is that if we fail to understand the complete separation God has made between our new creation and "all things sin", then we get caught up in living according to the knowledge of good and evil, which will always keep us in the struggle against sin, instead of living according to Jesus, according to eternal life, and live in victory.

The flesh is already judged and condemned, while the new creation spirit child of God is never condemned. We will be judged for our works, but as children of our heavenly Father.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that what @Behold is trying to get across is that if we fail to understand the complete separation God has made between our new creation and "all things sin", then we get caught up in living according to the knowledge of good and evil, which will always keep us in the struggle against sin, instead of living according to Jesus, according to eternal life, and live in victory.

The flesh is already judged and condemned, while the new creation spirit child of God is never condemned. We will be judged for our works, but as children of our heavenly Father.

Much love!
What I get out of his posts is that we don't struggle with sin, we are sinless without a fight, there is no growth, we don't have to die to ourselves (sin nature), we automatically have arrived.

So with his theology, there isn't much for me to hold onto when I am struggling with sin, I'm supposed to "believe myself sinless", his theology is not applicable to real life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I get out of his posts is that we don't struggle with sin, we are sinless without a fight, there is no growth, we don't have to die to ourselves (sin nature), we automatically have arrived.

So with his theology, there isn't much for me to hold onto when I am struggling with sin, I'm supposed to "believe myself sinless", his theology is not applicable to real life.
And likely because so many hold to a similar theology the words of Jesus regarding the wide and broad gate leading to destruction applies to most of that many. They take hold of their own salvation first instead of His kingdom and His righteousness. They love themselves more than they love God!

Reactions: Agios and Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand.

When I struggle with sin, that's exactly what I do, I struggle, and frequently lose. But what is the alternative? Look away, and look to Jesus. And don't be thinking that if I DO succumb temptation that this somehow means I'm not saved, or God is looking away from me!

When we realize the truth of grace and justification, then we can know that God is with us to help us even as we are currently choosing to sin, and that we can in our next breath simply reset our minds on Him, and in this is the power to end that sin immediately.

You don't have to fight against sin, so long as you are trusting Jesus for your deliverance. God is not weak, and He is not unwilling, but we lack faith that He has actually freed us from our sin.

And focusing on the fight against sin is sure to keep us in it. But Romans 5 declares that by faith in Jesus we have access into the faith in which we stand.

So it's by faith an not be fight. So stop fighting and start trusting. And if you aren't very good at it at first don't worry, you'll get better.

Once you see the power available through faith, well, in me, I've come to realize that there is one thing I need to do at any time, and for me, it looks like . . .

God is here.
He loves me.
He created me because He wants me.
He has recreated me because He wants me.
I'm His child and nothing will ever change that.
Because that's what He wanted all along!

By the time I finish reminding myself of some basic truths, the moment is past, joy is present.

Be it to you according to your faith. Build your faith in Jesus strong! Rely fully on Him and not on your own ability.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And likely because so many hold to a similar theology the words of Jesus regarding the wide and broad gate leading to destruction applies to most of that many. They take hold of their own salvation first instead of His kingdom and His righteousness. They love themselves more than they love God!
The problem is that if you don't realize these things you end up fighting in your own power, because God made us to live by faith. So any other method is bound to fail.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new creation IS sinless. And that's who we are.

When temptation is there, we are to not take it into our own hands (I can't stand this, I have to DO something!), rather, to endure, and wait for God to move.

In the emotional pull of sin, in the physical pull of sin, it can be strong, intimidating, we can be discouraged, feel hopeless, feel the fool. And yet . . . when we focus our minds on Jesus, and though we've failed 1000's of times, though we believe we will fail this time, yet, when we focus on Jesus, and trust that He will do for me what is good to be done, then those feelings change.

If they don't, that's the signal that our faith is weak, and we need more of the Word to increase that faith.

Learning Romans 3-8, Colossians, Ephesians, so important!

Christ has made us free.
If we do not believe we are free, then we will not live free, just like if we don't believe the river has a bridge we won't drive across it.
If we believe we are free, and look to Jesus for His strength to make it so, at least what I've found, is that the temptations are swallowed up by peace and joy as I enter again that special place of abiding in Him.

What I've learned is that any departure from love, and joy, and peace, and patience, and self-control, and the rest, these are all signals that I'm faltering from faith, and need to refocus my mind on God.

It's the understanding that God has completely and fully dealt with sin, with finality, and that God holds Nothing against me anymore, this is what frees me to seek His help No Matter What. No matter what I've done, how bad I've been, how bad I'm being, even so, this was put away by Jesus on the cross. And I abide in Him, and in Him is no sin.

That kind of liberty is what gives that kind of victory.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Behold,

I think that the reason we will not be charged for any sin is because we have been born a new creature which shares God's Own nature, being righteous, holy, and that sin has its sole home in the body of flesh.

Sin is removed in Jesus' death, so we've been separated from our sin, and then born a new creature that doesn't sin.

I think the heart of living Christ is understanding justification and a new creation.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that if you don't realize these things you end up fighting in your own power, because God made us to live by faith. So any other method is bound to fail.

Much love!
If someone who has received the Holy Spirit fights with his own power only, it is because he is quenching the Holy Spirit in him. One big problem is that most [or is it all?] church groups regularly practice quenching the Holy Spirit. By their man made rules they teach people to quench the Holy Spirit! How many church groups meet with no scheduled order of operations? How many church groups allow the Holy Spirit to lead at all times? How many will allow a stranger walking in off the street to stand and testify to God's glory whenever he believes he is pressed to do so by the Spirit in him? Does God need some man or men to filter out false prophets or witnesses to His truth? What evidence would Jesus in the flesh be required to present before he was allowed to speak out in the order established by that assembly or denomination or pastor or...and so forth!

Then again there are likely a number who say they have the Holy Spirit within but really do not. A person cannot quench that which he does not have.

If a person has really received the Holy Spirit, he must also yield to the Holy Spirit... continuously. A man cannot correctly lead himself to a closer walk with God. Neither can a person ever grow closer to God when he seldom or never eats the flesh and drinks the blood of Jesus.

Some will effectively proclaim: "It is not me going against God. It is that sinful nature or way or flesh or some other such thing in me. I am not responsible." Are we not responsible? How then would we ever be able to discern the false prophet according to his fruits, if Jesus already did it all for that teacher? Is not the teacher who is clean bearing always good fruit? So when he bears evil fruit how would we know when he regularly manifests evil fruit?

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire." Matt 7:15-19

There really is an 'easy' road, but it lies in laying our cares on Jesus every time we have cares. This is an overcoming process. Only by the Holy Spirit are we able to become overcomers. We work on it leaning on and surrendering to Him and He wins the battles.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Last edited:

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new creation IS sinless. And that's who we are.

When temptation is there, we are to not take it into our own hands (I can't stand this, I have to DO something!), rather, to endure, and wait for God to move.

In the emotional pull of sin, in the physical pull of sin, it can be strong, intimidating, we can be discouraged, feel hopeless, feel the fool. And yet . . . when we focus our minds on Jesus, and though we've failed 1000's of times, though we believe we will fail this time, yet, when we focus on Jesus, and trust that He will do for me what is good to be done, then those feelings change.

If they don't, that's the signal that our faith is weak, and we need more of the Word to increase that faith.

Learning Romans 3-8, Colossians, Ephesians, so important!

Christ has made us free.
If we do not believe we are free, then we will not live free, just like if we don't believe the river has a bridge we won't drive across it.
If we believe we are free, and look to Jesus for His strength to make it so, at least what I've found, is that the temptations are swallowed up by peace and joy as I enter again that special place of abiding in Him.

What I've learned is that any departure from love, and joy, and peace, and patience, and self-control, and the rest, these are all signals that I'm faltering from faith, and need to refocus my mind on God.

It's the understanding that God has completely and fully dealt with sin, with finality, and that God holds Nothing against me anymore, this is what frees me to seek His help No Matter What. No matter what I've done, how bad I've been, how bad I'm being, even so, this was put away by Jesus on the cross. And I abide in Him, and in Him is no sin.

That kind of liberty is what gives that kind of victory.

Much love!
I understand what you're saying, yet I feel there is so much more. God is transforming us to Christ, that is not an easy transformation. It is so much more than mental ascent, we must die to our flesh. Jesus was made perfect in what? Suffering. We are made perfect - how? In suffering, he is the First Fruit.

Have you never been disciplined by the Lord?

Hebrews 12:6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.