Seeing Jesus Christ: Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God who at various times and in various ways spoke in times past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the worlds: who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,"
Hebrews 1:1-3

In the gospels, we find Jesus presented in the flesh as the Son of Man and performing signs and wonders which point to His person as the Son of God. We can easily see Jesus, the Son of Man, but to see Jesus the Son of God, we have to look more closely to the Old Testament.:

<P dir=ltr>
"You search the scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me."
John 5:39

The point or purpose of this study is to grow the vision of who Jesus Christ is, so that in seeing Him we wil mortify the flesh and be raised up by Him to new life in Him. No one may look upon the face of God and live, but He, in His grace, raises the dead to new life according to His purpose in glory. AmenIt is my hope that in this study I may learn as much as I may teach so that together we may expand our vision of the glory of God in the person of Jesus Christ, His Son, and in so doing, die to self and live for Christ all the more as the day of His return draws near. I will present topics derived from the gospels in the order of our Lord's ministry depicted in them, and together we can look more closely at the Old Testament passages to which they are the answer and conclusion in the person of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, blessed forever. Amen.

In the interest of preserving order, I will refrain from answering posts made as replys to my originals, unless they are obviously incorrect in doctrine and demand an appropriate response. May the Lord bless and sanctify this study for the glory of His name and to the preparation of His bride. Amen

Michael (you can call me anything that you want, just don't call me late for dinner.)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God who at various times and in various ways spoke in times past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the worlds: who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,"
Hebrews 1:1-3

In the gospels, we find Jesus presented in the flesh as the Son of Man and performing signs and wonders which point to His person as the Son of God. We can easily see Jesus, the Son of Man, but to see Jesus the Son of God, we have to look more closely to the Old Testament.:

<P dir=ltr>
"You search the scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me."
John 5:39

The point or purpose of this study is to grow the vision of who Jesus Christ is, so that in seeing Him we wil mortify the flesh and be raised up by Him to new life in Him. No one may look upon the face of God and live, but He, in His grace, raises the dead to new life according to His purpose in glory. AmenIt is my hope that in this study I may learn as much as I may teach so that together we may expand our vision of the glory of God in the person of Jesus Christ, His Son, and in so doing, die to self and live for Christ all the more as the day of His return draws near. I will present topics derived from the gospels in the order of our Lord's ministry depicted in them, and together we can look more closely at the Old Testament passages to which they are the answer and conclusion in the person of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, blessed forever. Amen.

In the interest of preserving order, I will refrain from answering posts made as replys to my originals, unless they are obviously incorrect in doctrine and demand an appropriate response. May the Lord bless and sanctify this study for the glory of His name and to the preparation of His bride. Amen

Michael (you can call me anything that you want, just don't call me late for dinner.)

Jesus was called the son of man for sure Mike, as he was fully human. He was also called the son of God as well like you said, because he was actually God's son, both as a human, and as His very first spirit son, begotten exclusively from Him.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can easily see Jesus, the Son of Man, but to see Jesus the Son of God, we have to look more closely to the Old Testament
The purpose of the four Gospels is to enable us to see Christ simultaneously as BOTH Son of Man and Son of God. But "Son of God" should be interpreted as "God the Son" since Jesus of Nazareth is "GOD (Theos) manifest in the flesh" (1 Tim 3:16). Some do not wish to acknowledge the deity of Christ, but only God as Man could die for the sins of the whole world, and rise again on the third day.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the only ones who will not receive a resurrection are those who have sinned against the holy spirit? Mat 12:31,32
Everyone will be resurrected. Some to eternal life. Some to eternal damnation:

"15 ...there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked." Acts of the Apostles 24:15

"2And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone will be resurrected. Some to eternal life. Some to eternal damnation:

"15 ...there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked." Acts of the Apostles 24:15

"2And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2
We believe that the unrighteous of Acts 24:15 were not righteous because on not having the opportunity to hear about God and stand on His side Ferris. It would not be a loving God who resurrected someone with the intent of eternal damnation, do you think God is wicked and unloving?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe that the unrighteous of Acts 24:15 were not righteous because on not having the opportunity to hear about God and stand on His side Ferris. It would not be a loving God who resurrected someone with the intent of eternal damnation, do you think God is wicked and unloving?
What I think is he is just.
The weakness in your argument is these unrighteous people who did not have the opportunity to hear about God, assuming that's the case, are being resurrected to be condemned, nonetheless.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I think is he is just.
The weakness in your argument is these unrighteous people who did not have the opportunity to hear about God, assuming that's the case, are being resurrected to be condemned, nonetheless.

I believe God is just as well sir, that is why we teach: (Romans 6:7) . . .For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin. And that all with the exception of those who sinned against the holy spirit will receive a resurrection, and will be brought to perfection and will be judged after the release of satan from his prison as to receiving everlasting life or not. Both those who serve God now, and those who didn't serve Him during their lives.

That being said, we do not believe that includes those executed by judgments from God, like the upcoming battle when Jesus returns, those whom he executes have been judged to be goats sir. We do not believe they will receive a resurrection, but time will tell of course.