Sensitivity, Respect, and Love Toward Others is Part and Parcel of the Christian Message

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T

TravisT

Wow, Thank you for sharing this. It really opened my eyes.

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you Administrator for your encouragement. You may also be interested in watching a series of short videos about Nabeel Qureshi who converted from Islam to Christ through friendship with an ex atheist that became Christian and that was both able to answer his questions and to love him over the long haul. These can be accessed from Sharing our Faith with Muslims (Nabeel Qureshi).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is tempting to imagine that God will judge our belief systems, even in the face of so much evidence to the contrary from Scripture. People naturally seek the approval of others in their beliefs, and as a result reject any other dogma as "evil," when God does not judge this way.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
DanielGarneau said:
How would you respond to Sean MacDowell's article Why I Love Atheists! ? My own answer is expressed through this OP's title: "Sensitivity, Respect, and Love Toward Others is Part and Parcel of the Christian Message."
This is exactly what Jesus ment, go around and voice your opinion of the why's and how come you love this group or that person.

What has the body become?

I'm not joining in with this love feast.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
biotheist said:
This is exactly what Jesus ment, go around and voice your opinion of the why's and how come you love this group or that person.

What has the body become?

I'm not joining in with this love feast.
hmm. i had to sleep on this, and i am not seeing your objection. I think it is a great expose of Western Christianity, which i love, because i am a Western Christian, and we are to judge ourselves, yes? So, could you elucidate? ty

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
bbyrd009 said:
hmm. i had to sleep on this, and i am not seeing your objection. I think it is a great expose of Western Christianity, which i love, because i am a Western Christian, and we are to judge ourselves, yes? So, could you elucidate? ty
Yes.

Love with an a agenda is worse than propaganda, constraint and formulaic.
It returns no profit for the body, enslaving one to the mission of freeing minds. It makes carbon copy smiths or Mormons.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
biotheist said:
Yes.

Love with an a agenda is worse than propaganda, constraint and formulaic.
It returns no profit for the body, enslaving one to the mission of freeing minds. It makes carbon copy smiths or Mormons.
finding agreement with an atheist makes carbon copies? i have to challenge this. the illusion that your differences are larger than where you agree is not an accurate one. It does not matter to God if someone calls themselves an Atheist, and then goes on to manifest Christ, and we even have parables for this. Intimating that professed "atheists" should not be, what? "included," somehow? in what? see how this is a justification for different treatment, and the slippery slope has thus been engaged, right

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
bbyrd009 said:
finding agreement with an atheist makes carbon copies? i have to challenge this. the illusion that your differences are larger than where you agree is not an accurate one. It does not matter to God if someone calls themselves an Atheist, and then goes on to manifest Christ, and we even have parables for this. Intimating that professed "atheists" should not be, what? "included," somehow? in what? see how this is a justification for different treatment, and the slippery slope has thus been engaged, right
It's what the Christian has to become.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DanielGarneau said:
How would you respond to Sean MacDowell's article Why I Love Atheists! ? My own answer is expressed through this OP's title: "Sensitivity, Respect, and Love Toward Others is Part and Parcel of the Christian Message."
I didn't care much for the article. Why? Because the author wants to find 'common ground' with the atheist. There is no common ground. You want to love those who deny and hate the Lord Jesus Christ?

You don't need to love them. Just present the gospel.

Stranger

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Stranger said:
I didn't care much for the article. Why? Because the author wants to find 'common ground' with the atheist. There is no common ground. You want to love those who deny and hate the Lord Jesus Christ?

You don't need to love them. Just present the gospel.

Stranger
See, I kinda get that.

But loving someone is an unspoken action, you can't feed your enemies with a book.

Knock, knock....

Wake up Christians.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See, I kinda get that.

But loving someone is an unspoken action, you can't feed your enemies with a book.

Knock, knock....

Wake up Christians.
Amen

far easier to talk to a non beleiver about Jesus than christians since they have none of there own opionions cept He doesnt exist.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Amen

far easier to talk to a non beleiver about Jesus than christians since they have none of there own opionions cept He doesnt exist.
Yeah, but how do you prove he does?

I know I can't prove Jesus exists, that he did exist, yes. But I have no empirical evidence he does now, especially when it comes to feeling him.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:
Yeah, but how do you prove he does?

I know I can't prove Jesus exists, that he did exist, yes. But I have no empirical evidence he does now, especially when it comes to feeling him.
You don't need to prove He exists. You just give the gospel.

Stranger