Serving by faith….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:6 (NASB20)
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is it that one was bound to?

That would be all of one’s sinful nature, or if one would, that would be self or own will…. For having the faith that believes one died when Christ died releases one from all the effects of the fall… This being released is just the same truth as the ‘way of escape’ spoken of in another scripture just put forth with different words… For all of the salvation there is in Christ deals with setting one free from all the sin one finds in oneself so one might walk in newness of life…

For own will being the controller of all that was born in Adam, the death of own will frees one from all things born by the first birth… The second birth, the one that as of yet, can not be seen or touched but can be experienced…. This new birth of life is to be grabbed onto by the desire and faith of the heart, for to the degree one has grabbed onto this truth by faith will be the degree of the experiencing of this truth….

For this life is the free gift of life from the God of love to all that would be willing to choose it… This choosing it is all done by the desire and faith of the heart believing the truth one has died when Christ died and it is no longer one that lives but Christ that lives through one….

For believing into this truth is the only truth that will free one from oneself… All else is just arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, or if one would, trying to establish a righteousness of one’s own, all doomed to fail from the onset….

For serving by faith is what one is called to, this constant trusting God to live His life of righteousness through one is the salvation offered in Christ…

For serving in newness of the Spirit and serving in the newness of faith are one and the same, may the hearts of all His be blessed by this truth….

Be blessed in Him…

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

:)

That "way of escape", ever since I learned the background on that word I've not forgotten it. This word was used for a "save haven from the storm." Like God has a certain destination in mind that the storm will have us put into.

Yes, I agree, it's all one thing, the release from Law, freedom from flesh, and serving in faith, all results of living with our eyes fixed on Jesus our Redeemer!

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God , unto Christ .
heed the spirit and not the flesh .
For if you shall mortify the deeds of the flesh by the SPIRIT ye shall live .
Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God through CHRIST .

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

:)

That "way of escape", ever since I learned the background on that word I've not forgotten it. This word was used for a "save haven from the storm." Like God has a certain destination in mind that the storm will have us put into.

Yes, I agree, it's all one thing, the release from Law, freedom from flesh, and serving in faith, all results of living with our eyes fixed on Jesus our Redeemer!

Much love!

Hi marks!

Be blessed in experiencing the fruit of one who’s eye’s are fixed on Christ…. :)

In Him, Not me

Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God , unto Christ .
heed the spirit and not the flesh .
For if you shall mortify the deeds of the flesh by the SPIRIT ye shall live .
Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God through CHRIST .

And hello also; :)

May you also experienced the fruit of the awesome truth of scripture you quoted..

Oh, to the experiencing of Him, Not me

Reactions: amigo de christo