Set apart through submission, homemaking, and head covering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been a Christian for over half my life now at 28 years old. But when I began reading Scripture for myself, I found that a lot of foundational teachings on salvation and what it means to be a woman of God were simply wrong.

My husband asked me a few years ago to quit my job and be home full time. We had no children at the time. I felt very strange and insecure about it at first. Still, believing my husband is the leader of the two of us, I went home.

i was an awful homemaker at first but boy did I love seeing the work of my hands being more tangibly rewarding than any paycheck I ever brought it. Our marital arguments dried up. Division of labor? Easy. I do everything regarding home, hubby focuses on income and work.

I have put a lot of training, effort, and creativity into this lifestyle. It is hard work. But its good to work with your hands.

The world teaches women should be out and about. They shouldnt depend on a man. They should focus on careers.

But my happiness and fulfillment was simply delayed by all the college and jobs. Finally, I began head covering a couple years ago. The final nail in the coffin for being relatable in this world. At all. But thats why I like it. It kills vanity.

Im essentially a unicorn. But Im finding my way to likeminded women very slowly.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree sister. I'm one of God's Elect.

Acts chapter 2 to document, women can teach God's word. Sons and daughters.

1 Timothy 2:1+
Some ignorant men use this to try to subject women. Some men are insecure or jealous of women having success.

Romans chapter 16 and phillipines chapter 4 to document, paul recognize several women teaching God's word.

Judges chapter 4 . Deborah the prophetess was Teacher.

Some men are just ignorant.

Peace.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been a Christian for over half my life now at 28 years old. But when I began reading Scripture for myself, I found that a lot of foundational teachings on salvation and what it means to be a woman of God were simply wrong.

My husband asked me a few years ago to quit my job and be home full time. We had no children at the time. I felt very strange and insecure about it at first. Still, believing my husband is the leader of the two of us, I went home.

i was an awful homemaker at first but boy did I love seeing the work of my hands being more tangibly rewarding than any paycheck I ever brought it. Our marital arguments dried up. Division of labor? Easy. I do everything regarding home, hubby focuses on income and work.

I have put a lot of training, effort, and creativity into this lifestyle. It is hard work. But its good to work with your hands.

The world teaches women should be out and about. They shouldnt depend on a man. They should focus on careers.

But my happiness and fulfillment was simply delayed by all the college and jobs. Finally, I began head covering a couple years ago. The final nail in the coffin for being relatable in this world. At all. But thats why I like it. It kills vanity.

Im essentially a unicorn. But Im finding my way to likeminded women very slowly.
Since I married I have never worked full time and when my children were small I didn't work outside the home at all. And my part time job allowed me to be home just as my youngest came home from school. I have enjoyed the best of both worlds. I loved being at home with my children but also enjoyed just being me with my work colleagues - not a wife or mum but just me. As for head covering, the women in my church used to do it on Sundays but not any more. And my husband does all the financial stuff and my wages went into our joint account. I never had money of my own until I retired and got my pension. That now goes into a separate account.

Reactions: Wynona

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Wynona

A little time back I posted a prayer for both you and your husband. I give thanks that God has heard my prayer for you both and that He is still drawing you both into His loving Embrace and purposes.

Shalom

Reactions: Wynona