shall he find faith on the earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18:8
[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

When the son of man comes ...will he find faith on the earth? Scary verse, yeah? Shouldn’t be ...in 1 John 4:16-18 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

“It is finished”. To say there is no faith is to deny His faith, which He gives in His Name for His furtherance and increase and prospering ‘without end’. Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
[11] For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. [12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 24:6-7
[6] For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. [7] And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord : and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

He said He come “to give you an expected end.” A whole heart. It is “faith in his name and through faith in his name”...To say “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” has to be weighed with:

2 Corinthians 5:16-17
[16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
...a new heaven and new earth.

Galatians 6:15
[15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Isaiah 66:22
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

... a new heaven and new earth. Consider “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” in light of “knowing the end of these things” 2 Peter 3:11-13 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Looking for a new heavens and new earth wherein does dwell righteousness(according to His promise)...in contrast to “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth.” Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

When Jesus spoke of “when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” has to be seen in the light of :God has said to look for new heavens and new earth and in them dwell righteousness.(His) We know the expected end of what is to be burned and dissolved. A new heavens and earth: where righteousness dwells. That which is old passed away.

Philippians 1:27-29 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; [28] And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. [29] For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

When the son of man comes ...will he find faith on the earth? Scary verse, yeah? Shouldn’t be ...in 1 John 4:16-18 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

“It is finished”. To say there is no faith is to deny His faith, which He gives in His Name for His furtherance and increase and prospering ‘without end’. Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

[11] For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. [12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

[6] For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. [7] And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord : and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

He said He come “to give you an expected end.” A whole heart. It is “faith in his name and through faith in his name”...To say “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” has to be weighed with:

[16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

[15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

... a new heaven and new earth. Consider “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” in light of “knowing the end of theses things” 2 Peter 3:11-13 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Looking for a new heavens and new earth wherein does dwells righteousness(according to His promise)...in contrast to “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth.” Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

When Jesus spoke of “when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” has to be seen in the light of :God has said to look for new heavens and new earth and in them dwells righteousness. We know the expected end of what is to be burned and dissolve.

A new heavens and earth: where righteousness dwells. That which is old passed away.

Philippians 1:27-29 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; [28] And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. [29] For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
We need to keep looking up (Hebrews 12.2; 1 Corinthians 11.26) in an age of unbelief.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Reactions: Hisman and farouk

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... a new heaven and new earth. Consider “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” in light of “knowing the end of these things” 2 Peter 3:11-13 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Looking for a new heavens and new earth wherein does dwell righteousness(according to His promise)...in contrast to “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth.” Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

When Jesus spoke of “when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth” has to be seen in the light of :God has said to look for new heavens and new earth and in them dwell righteousness.(His) We know the expected end of what is to be burned and dissolved. A new heavens and earth: where righteousness dwells. That which is old passed away.

The main idea I get from what He said, is in relation to His warnings against deception for the very end He gave His Church.

The event timing was about His elect being avenged in regard to His 2nd coming. Then our Lord gave a comparison between the sinner and the self-righteous.

Luke 18:7-14
7 And shall not God avenge His Own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them?
8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?

9 And He spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, 'God be merciful to me a sinner.'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

KJV

What kind of times are we living in today? Today's world is especially haughty, full of self-justification and self-pride. Even with some Churches with a new believer that wants to get baptized, they make the new believer attend their Church for a while to see if he's worthy enough to get baptized! They stand between Christ and the believer! Self-righteous hypocrites they are.

How many of us truly separate ourselves from the world? I don't mean totally cut ourselves off like living as a survivalist in the wilderness (not bad if you can do it though). I mean how much TV do we watch, worldy books, movies, music, etc.? How much is exposed to our children? Just over the time of my life I can see how much worse the influence of the world has gotten, especially with the controls by the powers that be cranking down on our God-given rights. It's enough to drive some away from the Faith, and fall in the danger of becoming self-righteous.

But that's not nearly going to be what will cause the greatest apostasy for the end. The coming of the false-Messiah/Antichrist to Jerusalem to claim he is God, working great signs and wonders to make it believable, is especially what our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us about for the very end of this world. How many brethren will believe in those false miracles and wonders, and believe that Antichrist is actually our Lord Jesus Christ? That actually is the gist of the warning. Many will fall away to a pseudo-Christ (Matt.24:23-26; 2 Thess.2:3-9; Rev.13:11-17).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Agree. You didn’t give me a chance on the other thread but was going to say I could see your point in looking for the promise. Just because I speak as having received, that doesn’t mean I’m not also seeing having not yet received. Abraham had not yet received but knowing God is faithful as promised took Issac to the top of the Hill. I’m not disagreeing with you but the above post is...what God promised. believing and having Faith is the author and finisher of our faith even before the completion ...as Abraham knew the Lord does what He said He will do. To walk in newness of Life as a child of God, the Spirit sent into the heart crying “Abba Father.” As having received already because God promised, even before it is seen. Walking as “behold, I make all things New” is true because God is believed and heard that He said “I do a New Thing.” And so it must be so.

What kind of times are we living in today? Today's world is especially haughty, full of self-justification and self-pride. Even with some Churches with a new believer that wants to get baptized, they make the new believer attend their Church for a while to see if he's worthy enough to get baptized! They stand between Christ and the believer! Self-righteous hypocrites they are.

“They stand between Christ and the believer,” ...I see this. Have experienced it also. But no man is hindered from coming to God when He calls to the heart. (IMO). Men want to stand In the way...but a person can trust God in their heart where man can’t steal it away or hinder. There we are each responsible for Hearing Him and coming when He says “follow Me.”

How many of us truly separate ourselves from the world? I don't mean totally cut ourselves off like living as a survivalist in the wilderness (not bad if you can do it though). I mean how much TV do we watch, worldy books, movies, music, etc.? How much is exposed to our children? Just over the time of my life I can see how much worse the influence of the world has gotten, especially with the controls by the powers that be cranking down on our God-given rights. It's enough to drive some away from the Faith, and fall in the danger of becoming self-righteous.

It is in the heart (mind) we separate (imo) from the world.

But that's not nearly going to be what will cause the greatest apostasy for the end. The coming of the false-Messiah/Antichrist to Jerusalem to claim he is God, working great signs and wonders to make it believable, is especially what our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us about for the very end of this world. How many brethren will believe in those false miracles and wonders, and believe that Antichrist is actually our Lord Jesus Christ? That actually is the gist of the warning. Many will fall away to a pseudo-Christ (Matt.24:23-26; 2 Thess.2:3-9; Rev.13:11-17).

Disagree here in that the “pseudo Christ” is already here...do you not see those falling away already going after the “pseudo Christ” ? An “another Jesus” is already preached. It is okay if you don’t agree. I’m not forcing you to. Point of the OP though is: confidence in God as the author and finisher of our faith....so regardless of the future “pseudo Christ” ...God said “look for a New heaven and earth wherein dwells righteousness.” Which remains before Him.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. You didn’t give me a chance on the other thread but was going to say I could see your point in looking for the promise. Just because I speak as having received, that doesn’t mean I’m not also seeing having not yet received. Abraham had not yet received but knowing God is faithful as promised took Issac to the top of the Hill. I’m not disagreeing with you but the above post is...what God promised. believing and having Faith is the author and finisher of our faith even before the competition...as Abraham knew the Lord does what He said He will do. To walk in newness of Life as a child of God, the Spirit sent into the heart crying “Abba Father.” As having received already because God promised, even before it is seen. Walking as “behold, I make all things New” is true because God is believed and heard that He said “I do a New Thing.” And so I must be so.

I strongly believe that Abraham met Jesus in OT times. See Gen.18 and compare with the end of John 8 and Hebrews 7 with Gen.14. So I don't believe the promise God gave first through Abraham, The Gospel, was just a Message about Gentiles being blessed only. I believe our Lord Jesus showed Abraham The Gospel, literally, and that is what Abraham believed, just as we have, which Paul shows in Gal.3 is why we have become the children of Abraham. Knowing this gives much more importance upon what the OT saints understood and believed, especially involving God's Birthright promise.

“They stand between Christ and the believer,” ...I see this. Have experienced it also. But no man is hindered from coming to God when He calls to the heart. (IMO). Men want to stand In the way...but a person can trust God in their heart where man can’t steal it away or hinder. There we are each responsible for Hearing Him and coming when He says “follow Me.”

It is in the heart (mind) we separate (imo) from the world.

I believe and 'know', that it is very important to literally separate ourselves from the world to a point. It's better to not watch much of TV, and be very picky, including with what we listen to, read, where we go, what outside activities we get involved in, who we hang out with, etc. This especially is important for the new Bible student who needs to have time for serious private Bible study with our Heavenly Father through His Son.

Disagree here in that the “pseudo Christ” is already here...do you not see those falling away already going after the “pseudo Christ” ? An “another Jesus” is already preached. It is okay if you don’t agree. I’m not forcing you to. Point of the OP though is: confidence in God as the author and finisher of our faith....so regardless of the future “pseudo Christ” ...God said “look for a New heaven and earth wherein dwells righteousness.” Which remains before Him.

Did I say the pseudo-Christ is already here? Don't believe I did. Where did you get that idea? I did mention that event in association with the very end of this world, if you'll read it again.

In Christ's Olivet discourse, one of the major warnings He gave us for the end of this world is about the coming a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem that will work great signs and wonders that if possible, would deceive even His very elect. Apostle Paul gave this same warning in 2 Thess.2. And Apostle John gave it again in Rev.13:11 forward. Hard to miss that for one who has done their homework in God's Word. The reason why we were warned so we would be on watch against deception for the end. That was our Lord Jesus' first sign for the end of days, to not allow any man to deceive us. The "another Jesus" Paul mentioned involves Satan disguised as an angel of light (2 Cor.11). That's going to be the coming pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem for the end.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are a lot of human beliefs taught by men. But the faith OF Jesus Christ is rare. The kind of faith it takes to do the impossible things. The kind of faith it takes to please God...to walk as Jesus walked.

Human understanding has taken over in our time...so that true faith has been replaced with human beliefs....that do come from the bible...well at least a misinterpretation of the bible. :oops:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say the pseudo-Christ is already here? Don't believe I did. Where did you get that idea? I did mention that event in association with the very end of this world, if you'll read it again.

I’m sorry if that was misunderstood. I meant I’m the one who believes he is already here. No, you never said that.

Reactions: Davy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of human beliefs taught by men. But the faith OF Jesus Christ is rare. The kind of faith it takes to do the impossible things. The kind of faith it takes to please God...to walk as Jesus walked.

Human understanding has taken over in our time...so that true faith has been replaced with human beliefs....that do come from the bible...well at least a misinterpretation of the bible. :oops:

When Jesus said “when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth.”

...do you think He was speaking of that earth which is dissolved or the New heavens and earth wherein righteousness dwells?

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen, I believe we as Christians are to have that kind of faith when Jesus had said to his disciples in Mark 11:21-23

The Withered Fig Tree … 21 Peter remembered it and said, “Look, Rabbi! The fig tree You cursed has withered.” 22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus said to them. 23 “Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him.…

God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. He does not make access to Himself overly difficult but He also does not make it too easy. He loves people and desires fellowship, but it must occur on His terms. He finds no pleasure in the casual faithless seeker.

From my experience, I believe that God has given us that measure of Faith, but it is up to us not only to do whatever we need to do with that kind of faith, but always seeking His kingdom first.

To have faith is to be fully convinced of the truthfulness and reliability of that in which you believe. Faith in God then, is having the kind of trust and confidence in God and in Christ that leads you to commit your whole soul to Him as Saviour (Justifier, Cleanser, Healer, Deliverer) and Lord (Master, King).

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude 1:3

Love Always, Walter

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus said “when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth.”

...do you think He was speaking of that earth which is dissolved or the New heavens and earth wherein righteousness dwells?
I believe your question can be answered in many ways, so I will just say that, When Christ returns he knows our faith in Him with works is alive, while we are on earth, then we that are alive shall be changed, but the dead in Christ shall rise first.

So I think that: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 will be fulfilled, what do you all say?

Love Always, Walter and Deborah

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe your question can be answered in many ways, so I will just say that, When Christ returns he knows our faith in Him with works is alive, while we are on earth, then we that are alive shall be changed, but the dead in Christ shall rise first.

So I think that: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 will be fulfilled, what do you all say?

Love Always, Walter and Deborah

Wish I could say that satisfied the question but it doesn’t. We are instructed there is an end and what that end is to be, in what is dissolved. The question being (unless I’ve misunderstood) to not put faith in what is seen but instead in that which is unseen and renewed daily. Knowing what is to be dissolved or passed away.

“Faith” in the unseen rather than what is seen.

Jesus then saying “when the Son of man comes will He find faith on the earth”? Was He speaking of that which we are already told dissolves, is temporary and passes away?

Or was He speaking of the New earth in “when the Son of man comes will He find faith on the earth”? Big question: He came to establish faith in a New heaven and earth, in nothing avails but a New Creature, Born of God. why would God who instructs he who looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God...look back? But instead forward 1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, [4] To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, [5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Why would the Son of man question faith ...when the Son of God established (planted faith) in good ground (the regenerated heart) bringing forth fruit and increase unto the Spirit of God. countless mentions of 2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth (His)righteousness.

@Episkopos ...any help here?

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Will Jesus find 'faith on the earth?'

As Jesus himself causes us to have faith, and as his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom yes Jesus will find that those he has placed on the earth for when he comes will still have faith.

Will Jesus allow the devil to crow that he has destroyed Jesus's bride in the last days?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will Jesus find 'faith on the earth?'

As Jesus himself causes us to have faith, and as his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom yes Jesus will find that those he has placed on the earth for when he comes will still have faith.

Will Jesus allow the devil to crow that he has destroyed Jesus's bride in the last days?

Hebrews 12:25-27
[25] See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: [26] Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. [27] And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Is this even within ...a shaking and removal of those things shaken... “that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.”
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 12:25-27
[25] See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: [26] Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. [27] And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Is this even within ...a shaking and removal of those things shaken... “that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.”
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Thank ypu reminded me.
Jesus has promised to meet in the air those still alive when he comes again.
So No there won't be any faith on the earth, it(they) will be rising up in the air to meet Jesus.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wish I could say that satisfied the question but it doesn’t. We are instructed there is an end and what that end is to be, in what is dissolved. The question being (unless I’ve misunderstood) to not put faith in what is seen but instead in that which is unseen and renewed daily. Knowing what is to be dissolved or passed away.

“Faith” in the unseen rather than what is seen.

Jesus then saying “when the Son of man comes will He find faith on the earth”? Was He speaking of that which we are already told dissolves, is temporary and passes away?

Or was He speaking of the New earth in “when the Son of man comes will He find faith on the earth”? Big question: He came to establish faith in a New heaven and earth, in nothing avails but a New Creature, Born of God. why would God who instructs he who looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God...look back? But instead forward 1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, [4] To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, [5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Why would the Son of man question faith ...when the Son of God established (planted faith) in good ground (the regenerated heart) bringing forth fruit and increase unto the Spirit of God. countless mentions of 2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth (His)righteousness.

@Episkopos ...any help here?

Jesus is looking for His kind of faith. Not our kind. Our kind doesn't move mountains. His kind of faith walks on water.

So often the bible is speaking on more than one level. Unless we understand these levels...righteousness and holiness...we are not going to understand the message.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is looking for His kind of faith. Not our kind. Our kind doesn't move mountains. His kind of faith walks on water.

So often the bible is speaking on more than one level. Unless we understand these levels...righteousness and holiness...we are not going to understand the message.

Did they have His kind of Faith before the outpouring of the Spirit?