Shalom, from Rabbi Ben Abraham

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ben Abraham

Dec 13, 2020
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom and Happy Hanukkah to all,

I am new to this forum. I am a Messianic rabbi and live in Houston, TX. I would love to share, as we call, "Midrashim" (Commentaries) on the Bible, from a Hebraic perspective. Some people are confused and think that "Messianic" and "Christian" are different faiths, but it is "One in the same" One is of Hebraic origin "Messianic, from "Mashiach" or "Messiah" (those who follow Yeshua/Jesus as Messiah) and "Christian" which comes from "Kristianos" (Greek origin) but following the "Kristos" (Christ) I am a new author. I have published "God Tales, An Anthology" in eBook format, which is a "Faith-based" short-story and poetry oriented eBook. It is free upon request. I am a Torah/Bible teacher in a local Messianic congregation here.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am new to this forum. I am a Messianic rabbi and live in Houston, TX. I would love to share, as we call, "Midrashim" (Commentaries) on the Bible, from a Hebraic perspective. Some people are confused and think that "Messianic" and "Christian" are different faiths, but it is "One in the same" One is of Hebraic origin "Messianic, from "Mashiach" or "Messiah" (those who follow Yeshua/Jesus as Messiah) and "Christian" which comes from "Kristianos" (Greek origin) but following the "Kristos" (Christ) I am a new author. I have published "God Tales, An Anthology" in eBook format, which is a "Faith-based" short-story and poetry oriented eBook. It is free upon request. I am a Torah/Bible teacher in a local Messianic congregation here.

Hi Ben! My sister is from Houston and just divorced her Jewish husband. She converted back to Christianity, but does that make her Messianic Jew now? I am not very sure about where she is in faith. She has my two beautiful nieces.

Welcome to CB! I hope you find some treasures and friends here. :)

Ben Abraham

Dec 13, 2020
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mayflower,
Thanks for your comment, what a quick reply! (Baruch HaShem!) Praise the LORD! Not all Jews are Messianic, the other Jewish sects do NOT accept us as part of "Am Israel" (The people of Israel) some call us "fake Jews" "Imposters" etc, Yet Jesus was a Jew and the fulfilling of Judaism IS YESHUA! Even Moses spoke of Yeshua.
I am sorry to hear about your sister divorcing her Jewish husband. Perhaps he was not Messianic, if not, it was an "unequal yoke"
God looks upon the heart, not the blood-line. A true Jew is not so much a "descendent of Abraham" as a "Torah filled, Holy Spirit-filled person" who has accepted Yeshua/Jesus (Yeshua) is the Hebrew for "Jesus" meaning "Salvation is from YAH" (one of the shorter names for God)

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Feel free to post. Do not be shy at all. God bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome! I am a follower of Jesus Messiah and I'm delighted to have you here! :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you will enrich us and we will also help as we all strive to approach God more closely!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Ben. God recently showed me my Hebrew roots through the ten lost tribes of the house of Israel, as a descendant of Aaron, first high priest of the 12-tribed Israel.
I'm looking forward to lots of fruitful talks with you.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mayflower,
Thanks for your comment, what a quick reply! (Baruch HaShem!) Praise the LORD! Not all Jews are Messianic, the other Jewish sects do NOT accept us as part of "Am Israel" (The people of Israel) some call us "fake Jews" "Imposters" etc, Yet Jesus was a Jew and the fulfilling of Judaism IS YESHUA! Even Moses spoke of Yeshua.
I am sorry to hear about your sister divorcing her Jewish husband. Perhaps he was not Messianic, if not, it was an "unequal yoke"
God looks upon the heart, not the blood-line. A true Jew is not so much a "descendent of Abraham" as a "Torah filled, Holy Spirit-filled person" who has accepted Yeshua/Jesus (Yeshua) is the Hebrew for "Jesus" meaning "Salvation is from YAH" (one of the shorter names for God)

Sorry. Just got your message for some reason. So much for a quick response. Lol. I hope my sister keeps some of those Jewish traditions now. It is like she has been awakened in faith because of Judaism. I tried to share the fulfilled prophecies to my brother in law in the past. He was very interested, but my sister had said no. Now though, they are good friends divorced, and they are both interested in Jesus. My sister and I were raised as Christians, but not until now, do I see the change only Christ brings. It brings me excitement and relief to know this!!!

Thanks for your insights. Welcome!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Rabbi. I was wanting to talk about an experience I had about a week ago.
I was in touch on Face Book with a Rav, I think he is called.
We were relating well, though I think he's orthodox.
Anyway, he has many followers.
I was talking to a follower and mentioned Yeshua and he said something about worshiping a false God.
Fair enough.
I then mentioned that I was descended from Levi.
He said something about some Levites he'd heard of.
Then I mentioned that I was descended from the house of Israel and he called me a devil worshiper.
I understand the history and why he would say that.
But to continue this all these years later?
Over the past year and a bit God has put me in touch with who I am, a Hebrew, though I've never known any Hebrew people.
I'm proud to be Hebrew though I do understand that I am not Jewish.
I'd just like to be able to talk about it.
Truman.