Shame

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not this thing that God is looking for to condemn you. But it creates the shame that makes you want to hide from Him. It puts distance between you and God.

Thankfully, His unmerited kindness is greater than our sin and shame. His grace allows us to keep going in the strength of His love.

We can draw closer and closer to the Father of lights because His heart towards us is love and He took the first step when he sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.

His love is powerful enough to undo our shame and cover the nakedness of our transgressions. He is Almighty God and if He is for us, who can be against us?

His blood breaks the chains of guilt and we are free at last to be in His presence as we are meant to.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For all of us there will probably be periods in our life when we feel in some way separated from God. The scriptures tell us that in the beginning before the fall Adam and Eve were totally comfortable in God’s presence;

“Now the man and his wife were both naked, but they felt no shame.” Genesis 2:25

But that after they had sinned they became ashamed;

“At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness.” Genesis 3:7

And instead of enjoying their customary walk with God they hid from him;

“When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the LORD God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the LORD God among the trees.” Genesis 3:8 NLT

I think that when we feel distant from God it is usually some sort of sin that has caused that distance, making us feel ‘naked’ and ashamed and preventing us from enjoying our customary walk with him day by day. We may not even consciously be aware of it, but our spirits feel ‘shame’ and we unconsciously try to hide from God by gradually keeping Christian friends at arms length or even staying away from church meetings till eventually we become inward looking and confused as to how we got into this mess and feel that we can no longer pray.

Unlike Adam and Eve though, we have a way back. Through Jesus we are able to stand before the throne of grace with confidence, ask God to show us our sin, seek his forgiveness and move back into close fellowship with him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not this thing that God is looking for to condemn you. But it creates the shame that makes you want to hide from Him. It puts distance between you and God.

I think that when we feel distant from God it is usually some sort of sin that has caused that distance, making us feel ‘naked’ and ashamed and preventing us from enjoying our customary walk with him day by day.

These are some great thoughts! All of it, not just the snippets here^.

Something that really seems to postively affect my walk with God is to remember, I am naked before Him, naked as naked can be. He sees everything about me, whether I even see it or not. Every secret thing, every hypocracy, every lusting and envying, every pride and anger and pettiness, all of it. Whatever I do, I do standing immediately in front of God's throne, and His holy angels also looking in . . .

There is no point in me trying to be false with God.

Psalms 139:7-15 KJV
7) Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8) If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9) If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10) Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11) If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12) Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13) For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

God made me. There's nothing that is hidden from Him! And there is nowhere I go that He is not there! I wasn't hid from Him in the womb, and I'm not hid from Him now. I'm His creation, wherever I am, He is always with me.

And I get embarrassed to others, but not to God, there is no point! Because there is no condemnation. No separation. I'm a mess, but He's reconciled me to Himself, so He's not my accuser, who condemns me, He's my life-giver, and He's healing me, and training me. He's my doctor, bringing me to wholeness.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are some great thoughts! All of it, not just the snippets here^.

Something that really seems to postively affect my walk with God is to remember, I am naked before Him, naked as naked can be. He sees everything about me, whether I even see it or not. Every secret thing, every hypocracy, every lusting and envying, every pride and anger and pettiness, all of it. Whatever I do, I do standing immediately in front of God's throne, and His holy angels also looking in . . .

There is no point in me trying to be false with God.

Psalms 139:7-15 KJV
7) Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8) If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9) If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10) Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11) If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12) Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13) For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

God made me. There's nothing that is hidden from Him! And there is nowhere I go that He is not there! I wasn't hid from Him in the womb, and I'm not hid from Him now. I'm His creation, wherever I am, He is always with me.

And I get embarrassed to others, but not to God, there is no point! Because there is no condemnation. No separation. I'm a mess, but He's reconciled me to Himself, so He's not my accuser, who condemns me, He's my life-giver, and He's healing me, and training me. He's my doctor, bringing me to wholeness.

Much love!
His response to our sin was to have nails pierce His skin. What an awesome God we have!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God was on me so heavy just now, saying I am justified.

I could hear the words of a song saying "Not Guilty!"

The work of Jesus Christ is truly such a wonderful thing. So beautiful.