Share your Testimony!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good thread, it's so good to hear peoples back stories. I was told as a new Christian that we should have a testimony about what God has done for us nearly every day, but starting with how we came to know him is good. I will post again later when I have more time.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle when our route took us up a side turning from a busy main road. Now right from the outset this side road had a very pronounced bend which meant that the view of oncoming traffic was severely restricted.

My husband was an experienced rider and took the turn perfectly; we both leaned into the bend in unison and there was nothing wrong with the bike. Anyway just as we got to the perfect position on the road in which to take the bend my husband shouted that the steering had locked and he had no option but to steer the motorcycle into the kerb.

At the exact time that we made that swerve, a car coming from the opposite direction came round the bend on our side of the road at high speed, right at the point where we would have been on the road if the bike hadn’t swerved off line.

My husband pulled the bike oh so gently into the kerbside, initially thinking we had lost power but immediately finding that this was not the case and without even getting off we continued on our way.

He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.

I often wonder if an angel sat between me and a non-believer on the bus to protect me and my friend from his bad vibes.
What happened was that I met a christian friend in town and he invited me back to his place for tea, so off we went, but the unbeliever (who knew my friend) tagged on to us and the 3 of us sat on the long back seat in the bus.
The unbeliever (of Pakistani origin) was burping, yawning and squirming, classic signs of demonic possession.
Then the bus stopped to pick up a young woman passenger, and amazingly she walked the full length of the bus (which was almost empty) and sat squarely on our seat between the unbeliever and us!
She made no attempt to speak and just sat with a pleasant expression on her face looking straight ahead.
Later she got off just before us.
Was she an angel in human form? I don't know.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I often wonder if an angel sat between me and a non-believer on the bus to protect me and my friend from his bad vibes.
What happened was that I met a christian friend in town and he invited me back to his place for tea, so off we went, but the unbeliever (who knew my friend) tagged on to us and the 3 of us sat on the long back seat in the bus.
The unbeliever (of Pakistani origin) was burping, yawning and squirming, classic signs of demonic possession.
Then the bus stopped to pick up a young woman passenger, and amazingly she walked the full length of the bus (which was almost empty) and sat squarely on our seat between the unbeliever and us!
She made no attempt to speak and just sat with a pleasant expression on her face looking straight ahead.
Later she got off just before us.
Was she an angel in human form? I don't know.
She may well have been an angel in human form as I have heard similar stories from other Christians. I once read a book called, 'Angels, God's secret messengers' and have always believed that they are there in our every day lives.
81nUXTz5sUL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle when our route took us up a side turning from a busy main road. Now right from the outset this side road had a very pronounced bend which meant that the view of oncoming traffic was severely restricted.

My husband was an experienced rider and took the turn perfectly; we both leaned into the bend in unison and there was nothing wrong with the bike. Anyway just as we got to the perfect position on the road in which to take the bend my husband shouted that the steering had locked and he had no option but to steer the motorcycle into the kerb.

At the exact time that we made that swerve, a car coming from the opposite direction came round the bend on our side of the road at high speed, right at the point where we would have been on the road if the bike hadn’t swerved off line.

My husband pulled the bike oh so gently into the kerbside, initially thinking we had lost power but immediately finding that this was not the case and without even getting off we continued on our way.

He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.
Wow that is a wonderful testimony!!!!
Praise God!!!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You wanna share your personal Testimony of how Jesus saved your life?
Let's go!

Hi Holy,

I have 50 years of testimony, of victories and defeats, of prodigal son's and God's great love..

Of wandering in darkness and being rescued by the Shephard..

Of new life as we we were meant to live it

Of the greatness of the ONE to whom i weekly offer sacrifice for myself and for my wife and for my children..

Of the overwhelming joy of union with Christ and the communion of the saints...

Of the need to invite everyone to the Feast..

Stories and anecdotes, visions and despair... Where to begin?

Perhaps with my earliest memory of being corrected by the Spirir..

I was 5 or 6 and that the beach.. This one gull was scaring me a little and I wondered if I might strike him with this nicely ovql stone that i had in my hand...

I broke his wing and was sickened and cinvicted of my needless cruelty as I watched it try to fly away..

What a Good God we have!

Glory be to the Father and the Son and to the Holy Spirirt

Now and forever

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: amadeus

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Wonderful testimony of God's love and perfect timing xox :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Testimony

Growing up was like something out of a story book. I’ll get to times of suffering, but for the most part life was good. I was raised on a ranch with a wonderful, loving mother and father, a sister and two brothers, and friends. Although we had lots of chores and worked really hard compared to other kids, it was a good, healthy, and memorable time. After high school, as the nursery rhyme goes: “first came love, then came marriage, and kids in the baby carriage.” I worked a couple of tough jobs for about a decade and then went into business for myself. It was all very much the typical American dream.

Then, my business got broken into—three consecutive times!

The financial hardship caused the breakup of my marriage. I was separated from my children. Then, after dividing everything into two unequal halves in divorce, my half went down like a sinking ship. I ended up filing for bankruptcy, and lost it all.

Then came insult to injury. I had suffered no physically harm, it’s just that I was at the top of my game while all this was happening. I had even invented a few things. At a new job after the bankruptcy, I even won awards for things that had not been attempted before in the company's entire 30-year history. That year I increased sales in my territory from 600,000 to a $1,000,000, and received the president of the company’s top annual sales award. And yet, by a series of unfortunate events—that rug too was pulled out from under me. My best was good—very good, but it didn't seem to matter.

One night, after a long downward spiral, at the end of myself, I decided to have a little talk with God—that is, if there was a God. At the time, I wasn't sure. But I started talking to him anyway, and said, "This is the place where a person takes their own life—but I'm not going to do it! I'm not playing this game anymore! If you want my life God—take it, you can have it! Otherwise, I need answers. I need to know what life is all about, and what my part in it is. If it all just ends in failure upon failure--what's it all for? What’s the use? Otherwise, I’ve only got one thing left that hasn’t failed me: I'm going to go live in the woods...."

To my complete and utter surprise—He answered!

After having every other door slammed in my face, I finally knocked on the right door!

From lying there in bed, I instantly found myself in the air above the very spot (in the woods) where I had threatened to go, apparently, in the spirit. This sort of religious experience is not so easily defined. But for the sake of argument, let’s just say, the "me" that is usually at home in my body—had left the building!

Next, I found myself with my back up against a huge frozen wall covered with ice. Before me were masses of people as far as I could see, wave after wave, like looking out over the ocean, and they began to stir. In desperation I turned and began beating on the wall of ice with my fists. Chunks of ice came falling down and an enormous door opened up. Through the door I saw a narrow stairway going up into the clouds. At the top--was my father. Now, that may sound like the result of some kind of father issue, but we had no issues. Nothing like that.

Next, I found myself on the narrow stairway, and in through the doorway came babies--infants, wrapped in little white blankets. I reached out and took the first one and passed it up the stairway to my father’s open arms. I turned back and took another and did the same, again, and again, and again.

Sometime thereafter, I suddenly found myself back in the physical, back in my body. Startled, I shot straight up, not stopping until I was seated at the foot of my bed. Eventually I laid back down in awe and bewilderment and went to sleep.

The next morning I awoke refreshed, full of peace and joy. I couldn't stop thinking about my experience, and kept repeating it over and over again in my mind:

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky..."

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky!"

What could it all mean?

Suddenly, everything in my life changed. I had to change. I was changed...

My job had already changed, my relationship ended, and I moved.

I then went to live with my younger brother and his family temporarily and made plans for a career change. In the spare room where they put me up, I found a bible. I was drawn to it. I started reading and didn't stop. I went through it like a novel, cover to cover. As I did, I came to realize that whoever was behind this book--was also behind my experience. The author of the bible and the One who answered me, were One and the same. My experience confirmed the bible to be true, and the bible confirmed my experience to be from God. Although there were many points of confirmation, when I got to the part in the gospels about "our Father in heaven", I knew—this was my father in the sky!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My Testimony

Growing up was like something out of a story book. I’ll get to times of suffering, but for the most part life was good. I was raised on a ranch with a wonderful, loving mother and father, a sister and two brothers, and friends. Although we had lots of chores and worked really hard compared to other kids, it was a good, healthy, and memorable time. After high school, as the nursery rhyme goes: “first came love, then came marriage, and kids in the baby carriage.” I worked a couple of tough jobs for about a decade and then went into business for myself. It was all very much the typical American dream.

Then, my business got broken into—three consecutive times!

The financial hardship caused the breakup of my marriage. I was separated from my children. Then, after dividing everything into two unequal halves in divorce, my half went down like a sinking ship. I ended up filing for bankruptcy, and lost it all.

Then came insult to injury. I had suffered no physically harm, it’s just that I was at the top of my game while all this was happening. I had even invented a few things. At a new job after the bankruptcy, I even won awards for things that had not been attempted before in the company's entire 30-year history. That year I increased sales in my territory from 600,000 to a $1,000,000, and received the president of the company’s top annual sales award. And yet, by a series of unfortunate events—that rug too was pulled out from under me. My best was good—very good, but it didn't seem to matter.

One night, after a long downward spiral, at the end of myself, I decided to have a little talk with God—that is, if there was a God. At the time, I wasn't sure. But I started talking to him anyway, and said, "This is the place where a person takes their own life—but I'm not going to do it! I'm not playing this game anymore! If you want my life God—take it, you can have it! Otherwise, I need answers. I need to know what life is all about, and what my part in it is. If it all just ends in failure upon failure--what's it all for? What’s the use? Otherwise, I’ve only got one thing left that hasn’t failed me: I'm going to go live in the woods...."

To my complete and utter surprise—He answered!

After having every other door slammed in my face, I finally knocked on the right door!

From lying there in bed, I instantly found myself in the air above the very spot (in the woods) where I had threatened to go, apparently, in the spirit. This sort of religious experience is not so easily defined. But for the sake of argument, let’s just say, the "me" that is usually at home in my body—had left the building!

Next, I found myself with my back up against a huge frozen wall covered with ice. Before me were masses of people as far as I could see, wave after wave, like looking out over the ocean, and they began to stir. In desperation I turned and began beating on the wall of ice with my fists. Chunks of ice came falling down and an enormous door opened up. Through the door I saw a narrow stairway going up into the clouds. At the top--was my father. Now, that may sound like the result of some kind of father issue, but we had no issues. Nothing like that.

Next, I found myself on the narrow stairway, and in through the doorway came babies--infants, wrapped in little white blankets. I reached out and took the first one and passed it up the stairway to my father’s open arms. I turned back and took another and did the same, again, and again, and again.

Sometime thereafter, I suddenly found myself back in the physical, back in my body. Startled, I shot straight up, not stopping until I was seated at the foot of my bed. Eventually I laid back down in awe and bewilderment and went to sleep.

The next morning I awoke refreshed, full of peace and joy. I couldn't stop thinking about my experience, and kept repeating it over and over again in my mind:

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky..."

"A door was opened to me, and I helped deliver children to my father in the sky!"

What could it all mean?

Suddenly, everything in my life changed. I had to change. I was changed...

My job had already changed, my relationship ended, and I moved.

I then went to live with my younger brother and his family temporarily and made plans for a career change. In the spare room where they put me up, I found a bible. I was drawn to it. I started reading and didn't stop. I went through it like a novel, cover to cover. As I did, I came to realize that whoever was behind this book--was also behind my experience. The author of the bible and the One who answered me, were One and the same. My experience confirmed the bible to be true, and the bible confirmed my experience to be from God. Although there were many points of confirmation, when I got to the part in the gospels about "our Father in heaven", I knew—this was my father in the sky!
Awesome testimony Scott. It's always so uplifting to hear how others came to Jesus. It was just before Christmas 45 years ago for me.