shewed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 4:5
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Wait, what? Can Satan play around with time? Physical History?

Could anything that sounds borrowed in the Bible be from Satan knowing it would happen and tried to discredit it?

Reactions: dev553344

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can Satan play around with time? Physical History?
I take this verse literally...

Daniel 7:25
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

Satan will attempt to alter the Space/Time Continuum. Looks like God will allow him to get away with it.

As a side note, I believe the Lake of Fire is where Time loops back in on itself. Those tossed in are turned to Antimatter and travel backwards in Time.

full

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
if you borrow the perspective of a fly you will know that time machine do exist this may not be an answer for the question but still..

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is the god of this world. He is powerful. He is supernatural. But he will burn in Hell fire forever and ever.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is the god of this world. He is powerful. He is supernatural. But he will burn in Hell fire forever and ever.

Well I don't think he is the god of this world since the bible clearly depicts the Trinity as having ultimate power over this world:

Daniel 2:20-21

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

but I did find this about Lucifer:

Isaiah 14:12-17

New King James Version

The Fall of Lucifer

12 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

13 For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’

15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

16 “Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms,

17 Who made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't think he is the god of this world since the bible clearly depicts the Trinity as having ultimate power over this world:

Daniel 2:20-21

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

but I did find this about Lucifer:

Isaiah 14:12-17

New King James Version

The Fall of Lucifer

12 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

13 For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’

15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

16 “Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms,

17 Who made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’
Satan is the god of the wicked!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is the god of the wicked!

The wicked still have a God, Satan is their father though perhaps:

1 John 3:10
“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.”

As God killed the Pharaoh in Egypt and all his first born, I would think you must agree:

Deuteronomy 32:39-41

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.