Shopping for a Convertible Laptop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far the HP-Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6 seems to be the best buy. As I travel alot it would be nice to have a laptop/pad combo so I do not have to take many devices. I am also wondering how this will perform in the sun.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would stay away from any HP products Rocky. Microsoft Surface pro is probably your best bet. It's not cheap but it is rated as the best.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It will work fine but it won't be the fastest thing in the world and you won't have much room to add a lot of other apps. It's a bottom of the line laptop and you basically get what you pay for. It's not very fast and I read somewhere that there are some problems with drivers. I personally would stay away from a brand that's just recently introduced on the market, but to each is own. For $169 with only a 6 month warranty, I doubt very much it will last long.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My convertible shopping trek has led to 2 conclusions...

1. The cheap - Still has the old architecture... Better keep what I have
2. The ideal - New architecture is expensive... Better wait until the prices come down.

My favorite, the Leonvo Yoga 900, with the 512 GB SSD is above $1,000. I would think the price would come down in time...

yoga-900-hero-img.png