Should Christian musicians play in nightclubs?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Playing in a night club would probably mean that the band would not be playing Christian music.

The words of the music that would be played would be heard for hours along with all the other "conversations" that occur in bars. Having spent considerable time in different bars, I doubt it would be edifying.

What we hear affects our thinking.

Hearing "bar conversations" would not allow Rom 12: 2 to happen.

Ro 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
KJV

Hearing bar conversations would conform the hearer to the world therefore there would be no transformation.

Not only would the bar conversations be heard, it would also be very difficult not to engage in them.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The last place a Christian wants to be is hanging out with sinners!
After all, Jesus never hung out with sinners, did He?

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last place a Christian wants to be is hanging out with sinners!
After all, Jesus never hung out with sinners, did He?

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think wisdom should be used when deciding to play in a night club. :)

Reactions: Josho

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Playing in a night club would probably mean that the band would not be playing Christian music.

The words of the music that would be played would be heard for hours along with all the other "conversations" that occur in bars. Having spent considerable time in different bars, I doubt it would be edifying.

What we hear affects our thinking.

Hearing "bar conversations" would not allow Rom 12: 2 to happen.

Ro 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
KJV

Hearing bar conversations would conform the hearer to the world therefore there would be no transformation.

Not only would the bar conversations be heard, it would also be very difficult not to engage in them.

I think it depends on what type of bar, club, or venue.

There is a huge difference between a dive bar and a fancy brewery for example.

Reactions: Truman

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think I would want to play at a bar or nightclub, and whether if you are Christian or not, it would be better of playing where people will appreciate the music, instead of people getting drunk and drowning out the music with their noisy conversations

Reactions: tsr

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find bars to be depressing. I stopped drinking long ago, so...