Should Christians Always Be Healed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject came up in a recent conversation on another thread, and I realized I don't think it's ever been discussed here on this forum before.

That said, the above is a Faith teaching, with which I am familiar. Be advised: I want all contributions to this thread to be respectful of the other people's positions. If not, you may be reported by yours truly. But there is both truth and falsehood in Faith teaching. Any post given should have a scriptural basis, so please post in full the verses you are using to establish your argument.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject came up in a recent conversation on another thread, and I realized I don't think it's ever been discussed here on this forum before.

That said, the above is a Faith teaching, with which I am familiar. Be advised: I want all contributions to this thread to be respectful of the other people's positions. If not, you may be reported by yours truly. But there is both truth and falsehood in Faith teaching. Any post given should have a scriptural basis, so please post in full the verses you are using to establish your argument.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Hi HIH,

2 Timothy 4:20 KJV
"Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick."

It would seem to me that not everyone is healed. As far as "should be healed", I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing Trophimus wasn't to have been healed.

Much love!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will use pain/ailments to your benefit. Sometimes it is better to go through Hell and realize that you don't want to be there permanently than to be physically healed and still be spiritually sick on a wide path to Hell.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know what some people think it is, but Faith teaching is simply believing the Word of God to matter what it looks like!

I don't know why Trophimus was not healed (at that time - the healing still could have come, but may have been delayed for some reason); does that change the scripture, does that bible say "by His stripes some are healed" or "by His striped you might be healed?" No! Jesus took all sickness, pain, weakness on the cross; and healed you by His striped, plus redeemed you from the curse of the law, that is ALL sickness!

To say that God will heal some, but might not heal all would be to call God a liar, when He said that He is no respecter of persons, what He has done for one, He WILL do for another!

There are things that block healing, not having faith for it, unforgiveness, to name a couple.

I know that God does not lie; I know His Word does not lie.... so if I am not healed, it is not God, nor his Word that is the issue. The issue lies in me, and it is up to me to find what the blockage might be. Sometimes there is no blockage, we are just to continue the stand on the Word of God until the healing comes.

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that bible say "by His stripes some are healed" or "by His striped you might be healed?"
Peter explains this,

1 Peter 2:23-25 YLT
23) who being reviled—was not reviling again, suffering—was not threatening, and was committing himself to Him who is judging righteously,
24) who our sins himself did bear in his body, upon the tree, that to the sins having died, to the righteousness we may live; by whose stripes ye were healed,
25) for ye were as sheep going astray, but ye turned back now to the shepherd and overseer of your souls.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some of us which are not familiar, could someone explain what “Faith Teaching” is?

Thank you.

More technically, the expression is "Word of Faith" teaching. "Faith teaching" is just an abbreviated form of it.

In short, "Word of Faith teaching holds that God wants his people to prosper in all areas of life, including finances, health, marriage, and relationships. Word of Faith teaches that God's blessing empowers his people to achieve the Bible's promises. Thus, suffering does not come from God, but from Satan."

You can read more here:
Word of Faith - Wikipedia

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what some people think it is, but Faith teaching is simply believing the Word of God to matter what it looks like!

I don't know why Trophimus was not healed (at that time - the healing still could have come, but may have been delayed for some reason); does that change the scripture, does that bible say "by His stripes some are healed" or "by His striped you might be healed?" No! Jesus took all sickness, pain, weakness on the cross; and healed you by His striped, plus redeemed you from the curse of the law, that is ALL sickness!

To say that God will heal some, but might not heal all would be to call God a liar, when He said that He is no respecter of persons, what He has done for one, He WILL do for another!

There are things that block healing, not having faith for it, unforgiveness, to name a couple.

I know that God does not lie; I know His Word does not lie.... so if I am not healed, it is not God, nor his Word that is the issue. The issue lies in me, and it is up to me to find what the blockage might be. Sometimes there is no blockage, we are just to continue the stand on the Word of God until the healing comes.
By his stripes we are healed speaks of spiritual healing, Not physical healing

God never promised to heal us of all infirmaries. in fact he said some infirmities we bear is for his purpose.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God will use pain/ailments to your benefit. Sometimes it is better to go through Hell and realize that you don't want to be there permanently than to be physically healed and still be spiritually sick on a wide path to Hell.

"someone stole my screw driver, so I used a butter knife" Does that mean I did not want to use a screw driver? No, the butter knife was there, and I used it to to get result!

The devil makes sick, or sometimes it is our own foolishness that makes us sick. Does that mean God made you sick to teach you something.... NO! God can use what the devil meant for evil, and turn it around for good.... but in the end, Jesus still healed you, and you should walk in that health. It may or may not take time, they may be something we need to do... like change our eating. But that does not change Gods will for us to be healed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"someone stole my screw driver, so I used a butter knife" Does that mean I did not want to use a screw driver? No, the butter knife was there, and I used it to to get result!

The devil makes sick, or sometimes it is our own foolishness that makes us sick. Does that mean God made you sick to teach you something.... NO! God can use what the devil meant for evil, and turn it around for good.... but in the end, Jesus still healed you, and you should walk in that health. It may or may not take time, they may be something we need to do... like change our eating. But that does not change Gods will for us to be healed.
If God healed us of every sickness and give us riches. What need would we have for him?

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By his stripes we are healed speaks of spiritual healing, Not physical healing

God never promised to heal us of all infirmaries. in fact he said some infirmities we bear is for his purpose.

Nope, as Jesus physical flesh was ripped, so we are healed physically! Jesus took ALL infirmities on the cross, so we don't have to. No place does it say sickness is for His purpose! Again, if you read the curse of the law that we are redeemed from, you will find ALL sickness is there, and we have been redeemed from them!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The devil made me sick? So the devil gave me an illness which has passed down from my parents and their parents. And its all the devils fault?

I think scripture discusses this issue. When it says some people get ill just so God can be glorified. He is not always glorified in healing, he is also glorified in sickness, when the person who is sick trusts God even through her sickness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, as Jesus physical flesh was ripped, so we are healed physically! Jesus took ALL infirmities on the cross, so we don't have to. No place does it say sickness is for His purpose! Again, if you read the curse of the law that we are redeemed from, you will find ALL sickness is there, and we have been redeemed from them!
Nope. Then there would be no death, no suffering, no cancer no diabetes no anything

We would all become superhumans who never ever get sick.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some serious gifts are given through our physical sufferings.

If it were not God's intent that we should suffer illness, we would not suffer illness. Don't we trust Him? Can we only trust Him according to our narrow definitions?

What happened to, "As the outer man decays, the inner man is being restored"?

My sister had this testimony before she died, "I never understood how much God loves me until I was dying of cancer." I'm so very glad she came to understand! I've understood Him so much better through my sufferings. Jesus was made perfect - mature - in His sufferings. And we are to "arm ourselves with the same resolve".

Not reject suffering, not deny suffering, and not sacrifice our trust in God because we suffer. How will we run with the horses if we cannot walk with the troops?

Much love!