• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians generally oppose euthanasia?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other / Not sure / It depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Euthanasia is a subject which most Christians and religious people today seem to overlook or avoid talking about. It concerns the very essence of life and death. And I think it is perhaps more important and deeply profound than we realize. For example, is a physician who helps end someone's life for them committing a serious moral wrong, and will they reap what they sow, or is it "okay" if they have the permission of that other person?

What are your personal thoughts about the subject? Should it be legalized or not? And what arguments should you use to back your stance, Biblically speaking? Are there non-religious arguments also? Thanks again!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Murder is murder, no mater what title you put on it, euthanasia, suicide, abortion... it is all the same in Gods eyes.... Murder!

Reactions: LouisWilliams

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Euthanasia is a difficult one, I see many elderly residence slowly dying because they are end of life and it can go on for weeks or months sometimes………it’s like watching someone on hunger strike. Many are suffering , many are in pain because their bodies are just failing so much……. So there is the issue of suffering and where we draw the line.
On the other hand I could see this whole issue, if legalised, being used to ‘ get rid ‘ of many for so many wrong reasons, more so if the inheritance is being used up by having to pay bills for care and care homes ect.
Personally I don’t think I could agree to it, but that doesn’t stop me wondering about the suffering and whether it is right to make a person endure when it’s obvious that there is no chance of recovery.
Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physician assisted suicide is legal in several states of USA now:
States with Legal Physician-Assisted Suicide - Euthanasia - ProCon.org

9-legal-pas-states-and-dc.png

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Euthanasia is a subject which most Christians and religious people today seem to overlook or avoid talking about. It concerns the very essence of life and death. And I think it is perhaps more important and deeply profound than we realize. For example, is a physician who helps end someone's life for them committing a serious moral wrong, and will they reap what they sow, or is it "okay" if they have the permission of that other person?

What are your personal thoughts about the subject? Should it be legalized or not? And what arguments should you use to back your stance, Biblically speaking? Are there non-religious arguments also? Thanks again!

Euthanasia to me is simply suicide. Although it is to be distinguished from simply not preventing death or avoiding pain via a treatment which may cause death as an unintended side-effect. But to directly seek euthanasia is contrary to God's will for it says in Scripture "seek not death." Not to mention God forbids unauthorized taking of human lives but has never given the taking of one's own life permission, so it is not just to do so.

A physician who would do that is a murderer.