Should I Lose Weight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that this might seem like a rather dumb question, but I have found that I don't fit into my old clothes anymore so I've been buying newer clothes that fits me. I feel comfortable with my weight, but at the same time I'm not sure if I really should be losing weight for health purposes. Any advice on what I should do?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel comfortable with my weight...
If that's the case, leave well enough alone. As long as your weight more or less corresponds to your height (height/weight ratio) you should be fine.
9ed33a98540ab3c9a7bf6aac44f686b3.jpg

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really couldn't say because Idk what your health status is. But if you have extra pounds, it would probably benefit you to lose them. Have you looked into the benefits of the keto diet? I could share some videos on it if you're interested.

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may seem funny but I don't know how much I currently weigh right now lol but I do know that I'm getting chubby and I'm at 5'2 for height.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really couldn't say because Idk what your health status is. But if you have extra pounds, it would probably benefit you to lose them. Have you looked into the benefits of the keto diet? I could share some videos on it if you're interested.

What's Keto again?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that this might seem like a rather dumb question, but I have found that I don't fit into my old clothes anymore so I've been buying newer clothes that fits me. I feel comfortable with my weight, but at the same time I'm not sure if I really should be losing weight for health purposes. Any advice on what I should do?
I read in your other thread that you're to have a doctor's appointment soon. Why not ask them about your weight?
They'll weigh you on your visit.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read in your other thread that you're to have a doctor's appointment soon. Why not ask them about your weight?
They'll weigh you on your visit.

Okay, I weighed myself last night for the record but not sure whether or not I should post it though. :/

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't worry about them charts
If that's the case, leave well enough alone. As long as your weight more or less corresponds to your height (height/weight ratio) you should be fine.

I don't pay attention to these charts... according to it I'm beyond high, but I guess it's different for women, because of the muscle thing. Nobody would say I was overweight or chunky.

@April_Rose

I wouldn't worry if the numbers are off...you're pretty physically active right, hunting for treasure and what not.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I weighed myself last night for the record but not sure whether or not I should post it though. :/

Post it...post it!

I weighed myself about a week ago (first time in a while)...I'm about 195 lbs.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have lost weight on several occasions but without much effort I have always found it again.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't support Keto or any other fad diet. They're not ultimately sustainable.

Yeah, I already found that out but I didn't want to say anything because I was being too polite lol but I was grateful for the advice anyways. :)

@April_Rose

I wouldn't worry if the numbers are off...you're pretty physically active right, hunting for treasure and what not.

Lol I think you mean geocaching as I am not a pirate, and if I was I would be the anti-pirate. ;)

Post it...post it!

Lol I would have to do it again since it was awhile ago that I did it and I forgot. :/

No wonder you don't pay attention to those charts.

That's pretty rude, funny,.. but rude. At least my man @Tone is laughing along though so as long as he thinks it's funny it's good enough for me. :)

Reactions: Tone

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh great! Being a little over 5'10 im perfectly at the target weight....for a female :(

On a sidenote, when i find the company that made this chart im going to cancel them! :mad:

Reactions: Tone

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I know a lot of women worry about their weight but I never have. I got a bit over weight when I was working and paying visits to the vending machine for chocolate bars but lost it. I was told years ago by a dietician that being 5'6" and big boned that my ideal weight is 11 1/2 stone or 75kilos ( don't know what that is in pounds) and that's about what I am now. I think eating healthily and being full after a meal is the way to go. If you starve yourself on one of these fad diets your body just compensates and you struggle with low sugar and low energy levels.