should the united states pass laws prohibiting homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
just like murder or rape Homosexuality also is not good for the country .. how many would be in favor of tough sentences being passed for homosexuality..

the people of ugandah have just passed life inprison for certain homosexual activity .. they really wanted the death penalty

many other african nations also have laws forbiding it ..

at one time the united states also knew homosexuality was not good for a nation and their were laws forbiding homosexual activity ..

tell us what you think should the united states pass laws forbiding homosexual activity and how severe should those laws be?

some of you may think homosexuality is ok and the ones against it need prision or the death penalty,, your certainly welcome in this discussion to post your views also..

incidently president Obama thinks ugandahs laws against homosexuality------------ are "odorous"..

that Sounds sorta limp wristed .. for some one to say .. :unsure:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not. Homosexuality is a sin, and one could call it a crime against God, but it isn't a crime against of our Constitution. If you are going to say we should ban it because it's bad for our country, then we should start with banning unemployed people.

Reactions: aspen

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
FHII said:
Absolutely not. Homosexuality is a sin, and one could call it a crime against God, but it isn't a crime against of our Constitution. If you are going to say we should ban it because it's bad for our country, then we should start with banning unemployed people.
How about if we just compromise---- and just ban homosexual unemployed peolple ?

there the ones that are probably have the time to act on it any way. :D

on a serious note

actually --homosexuality is a crime-- both against another person and ones own self .. consenting to a crime makes the crime even worse does it not?

most homosexuality is premeditated !

homosexuality just like suiside hurts it hurts its victims and it hurts right thinking family members..

Jail and professional help would be the proper way to handle those who attempt both..

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I'd vote no.... It may be a moral sin/crime to some, but if Christians impose their morals on others, then they must be prepared for others to impose their rules on us. You really can't legislate morality. What happens between 2 consenting adults is a victimless activity that the government should allow. God gave us all the freedom of choice, so if some choose to sin, that's their business. jmo

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
victimless ? not only do you have those who consent to the crime but you also have family members Who are heart broken over the crime some never fully recover from the shame and pain .. its hardly a victim less crime ..

yet through counciling it can often be corrected and its victims go on to live healthy and productive lives that even family members can be proud of again..

You would also be surprised at the toll it takes on younger siblings of the homosexual offender .. the shame is transfered on to them because they know how wrong it is..

and how badly they are unable to defend their older siblings who they really want to be so proud of..

any parent with""' half a brain""' would not wish homosexuality on any of their children . they could be prouder of a son who murdered during a robbery than was killed by a police officer ... because it was a one time deed and soon over and they did not have to face a son doing a horrable awful acts each day..
like a homosexual one often does..and further more the united states government legislates morality all the time..if they did not you could murder steal and a whole bunch of other things with out consequences from the government..

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Not at all. Thankfully in America we understand that imposing a set of values on another person is wrong.

Since being a homosexual, and performing homosexual acts with the consent of all those involved does not harm others, there is no point to make it illegal.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm....plenty of states had or still have anti-sodomy laws

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A law prohibiting homosexual behavior would be almost impossible to enforce because all of the participants in such acts consent to it. Prosecuting two people for something they chose to do together could be seen by others as persecution and the defendants could end up being portrayed as martyrs. There are some sins that can't be effectively prevents by legal means and this is one of them.

What the government can and should do is refuse to give any legal recognition to such acts by refusing to legalize same sex marriage or recognize any kind of civil union. It is the responsibility of believers to teach the truth about homosexuality and share the gospel with those who practice it.

Here is a good site for anyone who wants to help homosexuals see the truth and find forgiveness.

http://truefreedomtrust.co.uk/

True freedom Trust (TfT) is a confidential Christian support and teaching ministry for men and women who accept the Bible's prohibition of same-sex practice and yet are aware of same-sex attractions, or struggle with other sexual and relational issues. We also offer support to families, friends and church leaders of those who face these issues in their lives.
Our attitude toward sinners should be not to punish them but help them to find forgiveness and turn from their sins.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
IM taking about Gods other Kingdom
Government

we don't have laws against homosexuality any more though we should have..

with large populations of Islamic peoples coming in.

your going to see our child molestation laws change also.

I never thought about this until I started reading up on this
because some Christians were very up set about this subject.

I was ignorant of the fact how young some children were married off at
in the Islamic world..

I wont use the name of the Islamic profit in which the Islamic people admire
and had so many children as wives..

in fact just this week they changed rules for the united states military
dress code why do you think that was.. it was not do to Christians

Also the way our laws come about are being changed simply by judges.

so now there is no laws that punish homosexuality there allowed to mrry

how many years do you think before child molestation laws will be abolished because a child consented?

perhaps 20 years ..

this is going to happen ..

yet if our country becomes mostly Islamic there wont be unpunished homosexuality any more..

a trade off from one sin to another ..
mark my word -------- were going to hear the same things when child molestations laws change.

all the same excuses as used for homosexuality why this had to happen ..

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
This is too broad of a subject to really be able to have adequate space to delve into. There are too many assumptions made in the original post to be able to discuss it on a specific basis.

1. Should the Federal Government make any such law? I contend the Federal Government should stay out of all matters of law not specified to them in the Constitution.

2. Isn't this more of a States Rights (don't tell the "hate phrase police" I used the term states rights) issue?

3. How would the law be enforced if it were a Federal or a States Rights issue?

4. Unfortunately, it seems, to be a "United States citizen" is to be "Christian" and to be "Christian" is to be "patriotic". None of these statements is necessarily true, or should be. We do not abide by the law for the laws sake, we abide by the law because it happens to coincide with what right and wrong actually is. The law can not force its own obedience, by nature. It merely provides a means by which to punish someone if they are actually caught in the act of disobeying the law. An ideal example is the speed limit, you choose to obey it or you don't, because the speed limit is posted, you always follow it? We choose to do what is right because of who we are in Christ, according to what God says is right. How can we expect those who have never come to Christ to possibly understand? I will not think it right to marry a 10 year old child just because the law would happen to allow it any more than a man made government can say a same sex couple is actually a marriage; and it be one in God's sight.

The point is, even if the law said it was against the law...sinful man will do as he wishes....I mean...I do 30 in a 25 all the time.

SL

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is interesting to read all the posts......i see conservative christians, who have moved from the repuplican position to a more extreme libertarian position really struggle with the idea of homosexuality as an intolerable sin, which must be hid in our culture AND seeing government as just as bad.......it is a mirroring of the fracture within the national republican problem.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
There will never be such a law,because the Gays are now running the country,Half of the police officers in my town are queers,God is going to do to America,what he did to Sodom and Gomorah,Its just a matter of time.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i meant 'republican party' - not 'problem'

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
As long as homosexual behavior is rejected for purely religious reasons, it would be unconstitutional to pass laws forbidding homosexual behavior.