Show And Tell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Show And Tell”
1 John 4:9 NLT
God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.

Do any of you remember having “show and tell” in school when growing up? I remember how excited I was to bring something from home to show off to my class and explain the uniqueness of whatever it was. Many of us probably recall special times when we brought something that was of value and showed it off to our classmates. We were proud and excited to share our treasure, whatever it might have been.

Through the years, I think of the numerous times that I’ve been really excited and proud of something I made or did and wanted to share it with others. There’s just something about showing and telling other people about a completely project or treasured item that we get excited about. Sometimes, we go to great lengths to show others cool things we think are neat and are proud of. We take time to tidy up and present the project we’ve completed or item we just purchased and show it off to family and friends.

It’s great and fun to show off things we are proud of to others. It’s exciting to see their reaction and hear their responses about what they think. While thinking about this, I cannot help but think if we are always this excited and even more to show and tell others about God when we have opportunities to do so? Think about how much God loved us so much that He sent Jesus to die for us. That’s the great act of show and tell ever! Nothing could compare to that!

I have to wonder how excited and anxious we actually are to share with others what God has done for us. Do we carry an excitement with us at all times ready to tell and show others what God has done and continues to do in our lives? Are we anxious and excited to share His love and what He can do for others when we get into conversations? Do we look forward to showing and telling others of the wonderful things He has done in our lives that only He can do?

I hope that our desire to show and tell others about God’s love far outweighs anything else we may get excited about in our lives. Unfortunately, all too often, this is not the case and we get more excited about other things of the world rather than God. It isn’t wrong to get excited about different things in life, but when that excitement outweighs our excitement to share God’s love more than anything else, then we have a problem.

Are we ready and excited for show and tell about all that God has done for us for others to see and hear?

Reactions: Brakelite