"Show me your glory"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart.

Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence to the point where I want a special encounter with Him like when Moses said "Show me your glory".

Can anyone relate to this?

Don't get me wrong, His presence is with me all day. But I sometimes want that Moses-like moment.

Ill do anything for it.

Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can relate to this @Wynona . Do you get emotional after reading about a miracle? I do. That’s as close as I can get to experience what you’re saying.
I even think how lucky were the people back in Jerusalem 2000 years ago to have Jesus in their midst and they didn’t even know it or appreciate it enough. I would do everything to be one of them and touch the hand of Jesus.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence to the point where I want a special encounter with Him like when Moses said "Show me your glory".

Don't get me wrong, His presence is with me all day. But I sometimes want that Moses-like moment.

Ill do anything for it.

Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.
Hi Wynona, I have had lots of encounters with God and I believe that one time early in my Christian life I had that experience of 'seeing God's Glory'. I must have asked him to shoe me his glory and for a tiny fraction of a second I saw a vision of the Glory of God as it passed between to high mountain peaks - a bit like in
Exodus 33 :19
the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

It was very real to me even though it was just a moment.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can relate to this @Wynona . Do you get emotional after reading about a miracle? I do. That’s as close as I can get to experience what you’re saying.
I even think how lucky were the people back in Jerusalem 2000 years ago to have Jesus in their midst and they didn’t even know it or appreciate it enough. I would do everything to be one of them and touch the hand of Jesus.

I guess I just feel like God wants to reveal Himself in new ways but we have to come after Him through prayer and fasting.

I don't think I would feel this way, if there weren't more of Him to experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona, I have had lots of encounters with God and I believe that one time early in my Christian life I had that experience of 'seeing God's Glory'. I must have asked him to shoe me his glory and for a tiny fraction of a second I saw a vision of the Glory of God as it passed between to high mountain peaks - a bit like in
the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Thank you, Pearl.

I obsess over Exodus 33! I have experienced the presence of God in an overwhelming way before. It was like nothing else Ive ever experienced.

Like His love was so abundant and so beyond what I could describe... that He has to hold back for fear of overpowering us.

I just got a sense of His perfection. God truly does His absolute best for us every day. It's a shame that so many reject Him, not realizing how good He is.

I believe you when you say you encountered God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ill do anything for it.

God's glory is his humility.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ill do anything for it.

Thank you, Wynona. Reminds me of this song:

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ill do anything for it.

The hunger always comes first…

For God has no other name than the filler of him that wants to be filled with Him…

Be blessed in the filling, Not me

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What I saw was also a momentary glimpse as well, But I will never forget it. I was walking in a field and suddenly there was light around me all the flowers and the trees began to bud on top of buds (I do not know how else to explain it). The Light was like a dozen rainbows as the light shown around me, such vivid colors, I Knew it was His presence being revealed to me, a glimpse of the millennial kingdom? In total it lasted no more than a few seconds, but left an imprint in my soul.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ill do anything for it.

Ditto sister, we know through faith He is with us yet...to have such an "ah-ha moment might just kill us, lol...I do know just what you mean though :)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's glory is his humility.
Almost.
God's glory is his love.

"21Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.” John 14:21

If you want to see the manifest fullness and glory of God, you will see it and be drenched in it when you love others. I'm not posting this just because it's what the Bible says. I know from my own experience that to see and experience God is to see him in your love for others...particularly the love that is impossible for us humans; love for enemies, love for those that have hurt us, love for the undesirable.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's glory:

"18Then Moses said, “Please show me Your glory.”19I will cause all My goodness to pass before you,” the LORD replied, “and I will proclaim My name—the LORD—in your presence." Exodus 33:18-19

"5And the LORD descended in a cloud, stood with him there, and proclaimed His name, the LORD. 6Then the LORD passed in front of Moses and called out:

“The LORD, the LORD God, is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion and faithfulness,7maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations,a forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin.

Yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

8Moses immediately bowed down to the ground and worshiped." Exodus 34:5-8

Be this and you will see the Lord.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. All of you.

Ill be honest, I sought God's face last and I asked Him to show me His glory. He said, "Not yet."

There are some fulfillments we will only see as we enter death, He said.

Also, I realized I had a heaviness about me from not feeling His presence as much lately.

I still am in God's Word, pray, attend church, and avoid sin. But I think this is one of those times of testing where He withdraws the emotional experience side of His presence for an important purpose.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost.
God's glory is his love.

"21Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.” John 14:21

If you want to see the manifest fullness and glory of God, you will see it and be drenched in it when you love others. I'm not posting this just because it's what the Bible says. I know from my own experience that to see and experience God is to see him in your love for others...particularly the love that is impossible for us humans; love for enemies, love for those that have hurt us, love for the undesirable.

Sometimes I wonder what this practically looks like as far as appropriate boundaries go.

I used to attract a lot of draining type friends who were constantly in crisis. I tried to help them but it was one sided. I couldn't rely on them back. Some of them hurt or disappointed me over and over again.

I don't regret trying but I don't think my friendship was actually helping them. I still love them and pray for them but I put distance and have made better friends who I can actually rely on.

If you put distance between people, is that a lack of love or just wisdom?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's a good question, and one I've asked myself many times considering the fact that Jesus spoke of 'whosoever asks...'.
I got over that hurdle by reading Paul's counsel regarding widows who are really in need...

"9A widow should be enrolled if she is at least sixty years old, the wife of one man, 10and well known for good deeds such as bringing up children, entertaining strangers, washing the feet of the saints, imparting relief to the afflicted, and devoting herself to every good work.11But refuse to enroll younger widows.

16If any believing woman has dependent widows, she must assist them and not allow the church to be burdened, so that it can help the widows who are truly in need.
" 1 Timothy 5:9-16

Paul doesn't seem to understand Jesus' words about giving as absolutely literal. I glean from what Paul says above that we are to love others in practical, useful ways, not wasteful or enabling ways...unless you really want to. I fully understand the love of God reaching out through a person to do the absolutely wrong and enabling and wasteful thing for the most undeserving and careless of people (I've done that). And so I would never counsel someone to not do that if they wanted to. But the conclusion I've come to is we don't have to. It's our choice.
I hope there's some spiritual wisdom in that. That's just where I'm at with the matter right now. I'm not going to reach out to careless, irresponsible, harmful people unless I have an overwhelming move of God in me to do it. I don't sense any spiritual obligation to be a continual safety net for these kinds of people. But people who are really in need? I'm all in. That's where my faith is at this point about the matter.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I wonder what this practically looks like as far as appropriate boundaries go.

I used to attract a lot of draining type friends who were constantly in crisis. I tried to help them but it was one sided. I couldn't rely on them back. Some of them hurt or disappointed me over and over again.

I don't regret trying but I don't think my friendship was actually helping them. I still love them and pray for them but I put distance and have made better friends who I can actually rely on.

Oh sister, you and I are def. on the same page here, I too wonder about this as, over the last 11 years, I seem to be a magnet for those who just drain you and never grow. They have used me, ruined things and stolen much from me and still, there are times the anger turns it's ugly head yet, God brings me right to repentance, praise Him for that!

My answer would be "wisdom", not lack of love at all. We pray for them and move on, no need to be a door matt. I avoid all and any who try to make fast friends with me, it's quite the discernment God has taught me over the years and, I feel not at all bad or guilty or condemned about it.
Yer good!! :) IMHO, of course...

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. All of you.

Ill be honest, I sought God's face last and I asked Him to show me His glory. He said, "Not yet."

There are some fulfillments we will only see as we enter death, He said.

Also, I realized I had a heaviness about me from not feeling His presence as much lately.

I still am in God's Word, pray, attend church, and avoid sin. But I think this is one of those times of testing where He withdraws the emotional experience side of His presence for an important purpose.

Hi, if it would be ok if I was to speak rather boldly???

God never pulls away from one, but God does pull one deeper into Himself.. What you are feeling, if I may speak, is God pulling as it were a peel of the onion off of the life of self, which naturally leaves one feeling naked and alone, because more of the self-life is being exposed to light…

But this is a great thing and a call for rejoicing, for one is being called into a deeper fellowship with Himself… So as I’m sure you know, eyes on Christ in faith, and off of yourself… For He has great things in store for those that by faith refused to be moved from trusting Him to live His life in them…

Thanks for listening and I hope it encourages towards Christ…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Last edited: