Shroud of Turin: Relic, icon, fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Mims

Dec 9, 2017
Utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a new Orthodox Christian (raised a Pentecostal preacher's kid; long story), I've been learning about icons, relics and such. But I've always been fascinated about the Shroud of Turin. As a believer, I suppose there is a yearning to want to believe it could be the real deal, but hundreds of years of study and debate really haven't definitively settled the matter. I wrote a story recently on a Shroud of Turin conference (Is Shroud of Turin really Christ’s burial cloth? Conference will give Utahns chance to weigh the debate.) that scrapes the surface of the debate. I would welcome, on a personal basis, opinions of fellow believers -- Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant alike.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. @bob, first, welcome to the site. I read your article, and many more like it. if this is the burial cloth of the Lord Jesus, fine, or if it's not fine too. because we as christians put our belief in the risen Christ who LIVE in us. this is the actual proof, if he live in us.

but as said, if this is the actual burial cloth, fine, more physical proof. not saying to anyone to put their faith in the cloth or not, but if it proves out to be, it could be a good witness tool to the hard core "UNBELIEVERS". but for me, unless, or until proven, I'll stick to good old preaching, and teaching of the gospel of Christ to reach the unbeliever.

again, welcome, and be blessed in Christ Yeshua, Jesus.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes..welcome to the site.
I have not read you link yet...but I will.
I too was always very fascinated by the Shroud...just as I have been with the stories of Noah's ark being uncovered .. or Eden being found etc
Dreams are always fun.

I doubt that the shroud is real...I read that it is a self picture of
artist Leonardo da Vinci..and he found a way of making it look real..( to get his own back on the church who never paid him for his work!
.. Who knows :)
I will be watching this thread...( after I read your link)
Bless you....Helen