Simple recipes thread!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi all, I thought to create this thread because I would like to learn how to cook more. Plz can others help me to learn more SIMPLE recipes, give simple, easy-to-understand every step directions. I'll share mine:

I learned how to cook:

Omelette
-chop and wash red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions and then crack 2 or more eggs, beat the eggs into a liquid paste and add what you've chopped in the bowl.
Make sure the pan is dry and put cooking oil, turn up the heat to high and once it's hot enough, pour the whole thing into the pan and wait until it's ready to be turned to the other side and is done, lower the heat when needed which is soon, then add soy sauce, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper

Eggs with tomatos
-chop and wash tomatoes, put a few cracked eggs into the pan and the tomatoes. Stir-fry it and when it's done, add soy sauce and sesame oil

Vegetarian Tofu
-Open the Organic tofu and be careful about the liquid in the little box and pour it out in the sink. Take it out and be gentle, rinse the whole tofu and then cut it into slices and cubes and wash and cut green onions and tomatoes. Put cooking oil and high heat and put the green onions in, once it sizzles then put all the tofu cubes and chopped tomatoes in the pan and stir-fry it and lower the heat soon and wait until it's cooked enough. Put soy sauce and black bean sauce then add fresh chopped cucumbers

Stir-fry Potato Fries
-Wash the organic potatoes and with skin on for a healthy diet, cut the potatoes in slices that look like fries shape. Put cooking oil and wait a little while, then put all the potato fries in the pan and stir-fry it in high heat until it's done, not over-cooked and mushy so medium heat later on while cooking it.

Stir-fry bok choy or baby Spinach
-Wash the bok choy or spinach. You need to cut the bok choy in half and cut the ends of it and then chop and crush garlic, then put oil on the pan and on high heat put the chopped garlic in and once it sizzles and you can smell its aroma, you put the bok choy or baby spinach in and then turn it down to medium heat until it's done and then add soy sauce or salt

I also know how to cook spaghetti and fried rice but I currently don't have the motivation to do it for a personal reason.
Lasagna doesn't seem to be a simple recipe but if someone has a delicious simple recipe for veggie lasagna, I'd be happy. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OMG my mom went to a Korean supermarket and bought Kimchi fried rice. I now know how to cook Kimchi fried rice by guessing as a simple recipe!

Kimchi Fried rice
You crack 5 eggs for 2 people and then put down the chopped green onions and wait until the eggs are light yellow and then add steamed rice. Then you need to get Kimchi in a container and pour the kimchi with its cabbage inside the container in the pan and stir-fry it until it's heated enough.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how about using zucchini as the noodle for your lasagne? Slice lengthwise, and put in a colander for a bit so the water will weep out. Use it instead of pasta. Zoodles as well for your spaghetti-- you can eat a bunch , cooked, with marinara, and almost 0 calories.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how about using zucchini as the noodle for your lasagne? Slice lengthwise, and put in a colander for a bit so the water will weep out. Use it instead of pasta. Zoodles as well for your spaghetti-- you can eat a bunch , cooked, with marinara, and almost 0 calories.
I have never heard of that before! but I don't think I would like using zucchini in my spaghetti/pasta for noodles. Thanks, I eat brown rice noodles. Anyone else have simple recipe ideas? I currently have a lack of motivation from one of the psychiatric medications I'm taking and withdrawing from. Thanks :)

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard of that before! but I don't think I would like using zucchini in my spaghetti/pasta for noodles. Thanks, I eat brown rice noodles. Anyone else have simple recipe ideas? I currently have a lack of motivation from one of the psychiatric medications I'm taking and withdrawing from. Thanks :)
You'd like it. Zucchini is a perfect Italian food.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
this doesn't seem to be working out as I thought it could. Anyone? Simple recipe ideas? Sorry for bothering you, if you're interested or would like to help. Thanks!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Spring rolls -my own recipe.

Shred 1/2 cabbage or so, 2 grated carrots 4or5 cloves of garlic, a good piece of grated fresh ginger and cook on low heat in butter and olive oil in a good sized frying pan. Add decent amount sesame oil, a little soy sauce, bunch chopped spring onions.
Let cool and roll them up with rice noodles that have been blanched in hot water for a minute or so and cooled right down. Run a fork through the noodles as they cool a few times. Deep fry in supafry fat.
You can add miso paste to the pan if you like. Add some roasted cashews.
Gently poached chicken breast in butter Just cooked through is nice to add when rolling them up.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try using my veg spring roll concoction for lasagna.
Roast off some capsicums and add these with a béchamel and nutmeg white sauce.
You can add your fav mustard to the white sauce if you want.
Dont forget the grated cheeses in between a few layers.

Forgot to add a spread of sundried tomato pesto on each layer.
I use Gucina matese brand...pesto rosso. Its really yum just with linguine lettuce and Favorite cheese s

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there any particular type of dishes you like most? Like, Italian, Mexican..so forth/ Soups?
I like different types of food, italian, Mexican, Indian... I think soups wouldn't belong in a simple recipe thread. I don't like fried food but stir-fry is alright! I'm for healthy, no junk food type but I do like bacon. No pepperoni though. Maybe simple pizza I could try as a simple recipe. Perhaps I only need pieces of bread and then buy mozarella cheese and slice tomatoes, mushroom, green pepper and add garlic powder and tomato sauce. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spring rolls -my own recipe.

Shred 1/2 cabbage or so, 2 grated carrots 4or5 cloves of garlic, a good piece of grated fresh ginger and cook on low heat in butter and olive oil in a good sized frying pan. Add decent amount sesame oil, a little soy sauce, bunch chopped spring onions.
Let cool and roll them up with rice noodles that have been blanched in hot water for a minute or so and cooled right down. Run a fork through the noodles as they cool a few times. Deep fry in supafry fat.
You can add miso paste to the pan if you like. Add some roasted cashews.
Gently poached chicken breast in butter Just cooked through is nice to add when rolling them up.
Enjoy.
spring rolls are good but I typically don't like fried food and I wouldn't cook it often, thanks for the simple recipe :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another simple recipe I can cook for myself and family:

Congee:
-use your rice cooker to cook brown rice, not white rice, healthy. On the next day put the cooked rice into a pot and add water to it and put a few slices of ginger, boil it on high and then medium heat, add about 2 cracked eggs, chopped tomatoes and perhaps spinach and then boil it until it's like a porridge. Add soy sauce and/or herbal sea salt (not too much), garlic powder and black pepper.

I'm just going to add these online and my source to go to for all the simple recipe cooking I can cook. Any more will be welcome. :)

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I thought to create this thread because I would like to learn how to cook more. Plz can others help me to learn more SIMPLE recipes, give simple, easy-to-understand every step directions. I'll share mine:

I learned how to cook:

Omelette
-chop and wash red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions and then crack 2 or more eggs, beat the eggs into a liquid paste and add what you've chopped in the bowl.
Make sure the pan is dry and put cooking oil, turn up the heat to high and once it's hot enough, pour the whole thing into the pan and wait until it's ready to be turned to the other side and is done, lower the heat when needed which is soon, then add soy sauce, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper

Eggs with tomatos
-chop and wash tomatoes, put a few cracked eggs into the pan and the tomatoes. Stir-fry it and when it's done, add soy sauce and sesame oil

Vegetarian Tofu
-Open the Organic tofu and be careful about the liquid in the little box and pour it out in the sink. Take it out and be gentle, rinse the whole tofu and then cut it into slices and cubes and wash and cut green onions and tomatoes. Put cooking oil and high heat and put the green onions in, once it sizzles then put all the tofu cubes and chopped tomatoes in the pan and stir-fry it and lower the heat soon and wait until it's cooked enough. Put soy sauce and black bean sauce then add fresh chopped cucumbers

Stir-fry Potato Fries
-Wash the organic potatoes and with skin on for a healthy diet, cut the potatoes in slices that look like fries shape. Put cooking oil and wait a little while, then put all the potato fries in the pan and stir-fry it in high heat until it's done, not over-cooked and mushy so medium heat later on while cooking it.

Stir-fry bok choy or baby Spinach
-Wash the bok choy or spinach. You need to cut the bok choy in half and cut the ends of it and then chop and crush garlic, then put oil on the pan and on high heat put the chopped garlic in and once it sizzles and you can smell its aroma, you put the bok choy or baby spinach in and then turn it down to medium heat until it's done and then add soy sauce or salt

I also know how to cook spaghetti and fried rice but I currently don't have the motivation to do it for a personal reason.
Lasagna doesn't seem to be a simple recipe but if someone has a delicious simple recipe for veggie lasagna, I'd be happy. Thanks everyone!
One thing I loved to make and eat was chicken enchaladas. You fry chicken breasts until it's crisp and brown, then shred it with a fork. You put the chicken with sour cream and suizas sauce into the enchaladas wrap with some refried beans and mexican cheese and don't forget the mashed avacado. You roll it up and put it into a baking bowl. When it's in the bowl you put refried beans down and sprinkly mexican cheese on it and the refried beans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and your good.