Sin which dwells in me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:17 (NASB)
So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

“but sin which dwells in me”

As all Christians can attest to, even after being born again and being made partakers of the Divine Nature sin is still very much alive in us.

This is where the reckoning comes in. It is to this sin we still find in us, we are commanded to reckon ourselves dead to.

For sin and the desires of the flesh, with all it’s workings, still wants to control our behavior. But this is where the glory and greatness of having been crucified with Christ comes in. This salvation, this death with Christ on the cross is that that sets us free from the body of sin that would control us....(and will if we allow it to.)

It is this body of sin that still demands our obedience. But thanks be to God by being joined with Christ in His death we have been set free from this domineering master. All things, come from God through the faith of the heart turned to Him....As well as being set free from our sinful natures.

Because of the accomplished fact of Christ having died on the cross and Him taking us to death with Him when He died, we are told to by faith reckon and account this fact to be true. The heart that by faith grabs unto this truth, this promise, this way of escape out from under the dictates of their fallen nature. Will find that they can, and will walk in newness of life.

Than when life and the circumstances of life, in this fallen realm causes sin to be brought forth in them, that sin is not theirs as pertaining to the new birth of the Divine Nature in them.

That sin, which needs to be dealt with and done away with. Can and will only not be their master any more if they reckon themselves dead to it.

It, the sinful desires stay alive in us. But by faith reckoning ourselves dead to those desires and sin will we find they have lost the power to control our behavior. Though they rant and rave to maintain control, the faith that would reckon itself dead to those desires and sins will find themselves being set free from them...There are always, sad to say, other unrighteousnesses in the future that will have to be died to... But the heart that has tasted victory over sin is a heart that finds itself in a continual state of dying to it’s own will. The eye of their heart stays looking Heavenward for all things....

Than by experience will they find that the command to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God is the most glorious, blessed, freeing, joyful, restful command ever given. This command will cause the heart to burst forth with thanksgiving and love for the One that has set them free.

Than they will find by experience that the works of the law are fulfilled in them, but not by them.

Be blessed all that would be willing to deny self pick up cross and follow Jesus in all they do, say, think, dream, hope, desire. Than Christ will arise in their hearts like the morning star and you will know like never before you are a peculiar person and a stranger in a strange land.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:17 (NASB)
So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

“but sin which dwells in me”

As all Christians can attest to, even after being born again and being made partakers of the Divine Nature sin is still very much alive in us.

This is where the reckoning comes in. It is to this sin we still find in us, we are commanded to reckon ourselves dead to.

For sin and the desires of the flesh, with all it’s workings, still wants to control our behavior. But this is where the glory and greatness of having been crucified with Christ comes in. This salvation, this death with Christ on the cross is that that sets us free from the body of sin that would control us....(and will if we allow it to.)

It is this body of sin that still demands our obedience. But thanks be to God by being joined with Christ in His death we have been set free from this domineering master. All things, come from God through the faith of the heart turned to Him....As well as being set free from our sinful natures.

Because of the accomplished fact of Christ having died on the cross and Him taking us to death with Him when He died, we are told to by faith reckon and account this fact to be true. The heart that by faith grabs unto this truth, this promise, this way of escape out from under the dictates of their fallen nature. Will find that they can, and will walk in newness of life.

Than when life and the circumstances of life, in this fallen realm causes sin to be brought forth in them, that sin is not theirs as pertaining to the new birth of the Divine Nature in them.

That sin, which needs to be dealt with and done away with. Can and will only not be their master any more if they reckon themselves dead to it.

It, the sinful desires stay alive in us. But by faith reckoning ourselves dead to those desires and sin will we find they have lost the power to control our behavior. Though they rant and rave to maintain control, the faith that would reckon itself dead to those desires and sins will find themselves being set free from them...There are always, sad to say, other unrighteousnesses in the future that will have to be died to... But the heart that has tasted victory over sin is a heart that finds itself in a continual state of dying to it’s own will. The eye of their heart stays looking Heavenward for all things....

Than by experience will they find that the command to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God is the most glorious, blessed, freeing, joyful, restful command ever given. This command will cause the heart to burst forth with thanksgiving and love for the One that has set them free.

Than they will find by experience that the works of the law are fulfilled in them, but not by them.

Be blessed all that would be willing to deny self pick up cross and follow Jesus in all they do, say, think, dream, hope, desire. Than Christ will arise in their hearts like the morning star and you will know like never before you are a peculiar person and a stranger in a strange land.

You sound like a preacher, nicely written. Good truth to chew on :)

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like a preacher, nicely written. Good truth to chew on :)

I’m just a believer who wants to get to know Christ Jesus personally. And have all of Him I can have.

I sense Him in your writings also... For in your writing I see a heart that would be all His.... Be blessed as you pursue Him with all your heart, for He has promised to be found by those that do.

In Christ, Not me

Reactions: soul man

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good by God's grace to have a preacher's heart, right? :)

Whether I have a preachers heart I can’t speak to.

I just want, when all is said and done, to be one that has denied self, picked up his cross, and followed Jesus....

“All of Christ Jesus and nothing of me.”

Reactions: Heart2Soul

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Love all you shared. Agree. Thank you! The only question I have is concerning: “you will know like never before you are a peculiar person and a stranger in a strange land.”

Ephesians 2:16-22 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love all you shared. Agree. Thank you! The only question I have is concerning: “you will know like never before you are a peculiar person and a stranger in a strange land.”

Ephesians 2:16-22 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

It was to bring forth just how different we as those that have faith are, as compared to those that have no faith.

I pulled the terms from;

Deuteronomy 14:2 (KJV)
For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that [are] upon the earth.

and

Exodus 2:22 (KJV)
And she bare [him] a son, and he called his name Gershom: for he said, I have been a stranger in a strange land.

(Which for me says volumes about our sojourn through this life.,)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus