Sinful Body

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at your sinful body, your flesh and blood body that is lifeless without life in it. What I want to point out is; your sinful body does not have to be a sinning body. Did you get that, just because your body was never destined to be saved as spirit, and soul are, it does not have to be a sinning body as a Christian. I never said you would not sin, I said your body does not have to be a sinning body. Just because you fail or sin does not mean you throw in the towel and live like the devil, no sir. You pull yourself up by your boot straps and keep going.

In law keeping the harder you try to live right and not sin as you think it is, the harder it is. Have you ever been around someone who was raised in law religion, they want nothing to do with God. Why is that? They have had all the law logs laid in front of them, told they better live right or else. They know they can't live it, they were expected to as a child now as an adult they could never live up to anyone's expectations. So they reject the things of God. I think about a friend of mine who was raised in law religion, no pictures on the wall, no TV in the home, could not go to the movies type religion, law religion.

So how do we overcome our bodies and not have a sinning body? That's easy, the overcomer is in you, you have a new life in you and you can live by that life. Christ in you is a lifestyle that you come to understand as your life, it's a shared life but regardless it's the life you live now, Galatians 2:20.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

That is how you live in a body that is not a sinning body. It sins at times because of the unrenewed mind but it is not a sinning body. You do understand that religion will preach the Perfecting Of The Flesh and living sin free as a means to grease the cogs to keep it going, you do know that correct? You will always need to go back and get fixed or get your fix, not much different than any other addiction. So around and around the mountain you go, where you stop no body knows.

The answer is found in you in the form of life, the only life there is is God life, the Christ life. So we choose the life that is in us or we choose to stay in the old life. Thank God he gave the believer a choice, we choose life! Bless you.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It goes along with what Paul says in Romans 6, shall we go on sinning that grace may increase? May it never be! Absolutely not!

You are right, it doesn't mean we will not sin. But it does mean we should be working for our sanctification.
And furthermore, we should be receiving our sanctification from God, which we can have Right Now by believing He is giving to us His life in us.

Much love!

Reactions: soul man