Site down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the site was down for a while. Issues with the host.
I’m sure there are costs to keep this site running so thank you for keeping this place running with all its challenges and expenses. If there are ways to donate anonymously, I will surely chip in.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sure there are costs to keep this site running so thank you for keeping this place running with all its challenges and expenses. If there are ways to donate anonymously, I will surely chip in.

Same here Gary, I would also like to chip in a bit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah the site was down for me too this morning and some of last night. Was wondering what was going on.

Reactions: Truman

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great suggestion! Maybe @lforrest or @Angelina can get something going....or @HammerStone may have some input?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hammerstone isn't the owner anymore and I'm not the owner either. I think Brent W is still the owner.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, IT is my profession and basically what I think happened is that the host where this site is published was busy or overloaded. Basically the host will lease the “space” for many customers (this site included ) in one server so they can make lots of money. And when many people like us visit this site and other sites that reside in this server, the server will become overloaded with many requests and freeze. So they probably have to restart the server or services on the server.
You can also switch to a dedicated server where this site and NO ONE else can use the server, but the price for that is very expensive.
So a little blip is common and happens to most sites. It’s when it becomes too frequent that it should become a problem and think about switching to more reliable hosts. GoDaddy is one of them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hammerstone isn't the owner anymore and I'm not the owner either. I think Brent W is still the owner.
Well I know you're not the owner...but do you have access to him?
Anyway, just needed a way to convey to him that members have asked about donating to the site..

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It may have been years ago under hammerstone, but someone wasn't happy and wanted the money they donated back. So he shut down donations.

I suppose many of you have run into such people in Church, that don't like how their donations are being spent and want it back or for others to bend to their will because they donated.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may have been years ago under hammerstone, but someone wasn't happy and wanted the money they donated back. So he shut down donations.

I suppose many of you have run into such people in Church, that don't like how their donations are being spent and want it back or for others to bend to their will because they donated.

Oh wow. To be honest this is a bit shocking to me and I haven’t heard this on any of the churches I’ve been to.