Site upgrade - Downtime

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are about to upgrade the site and will experience up to 90 minutes of downtime. When it is back up, we will have a fresh new look, faster site, and will have a much more secure site.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The changes will have to be got used too.

Can we just have a button for similar threads at the bottom of the page so that we can go there if we, the member, wants to utilise that feature and view what threads have a similar subject or theme. That means that you are only sending out this info when requested. It also means that the bottom of the page with respect to the reply box is actually the bottom of the displayed page unless the similar threads are requested.

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are about to upgrade the site and will experience up to 90 minutes of downtime. When it is back up, we will have a fresh new look, faster site, and will have a much more secure site.
The colors seem to be washed out. We need to retain strong colors. The trend towards faded colors and greys was never a good idea.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fresh! Fast! Secure! All good things.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Helen and Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Fresh! Fast! Secure! All good things.

Keep up the good work.

Your words should be especially encouraging to the owner, as you speak from personal experience in such matters (which the owner of this board may not be aware of, but I am.) You would be a very good person to consult with, if the owner was so inclined.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do away with the hovering over Bible verses with cursor feature?

That was one of my favorite features.

Is there a new method I haven't discovered yet?

Reactions: Nancy and keithr

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One tweek that would improve things. The green online icon wipes out the avatar. It's too big. It needs to be smaller. Either the avatar needs to be bigger, or the green online icon needs to be moved to a different location. Or do what the webmaster on another Zenforo board did, get rid of it altogether. :)

Even though I have it turned off on my account, it still shows from my view. Not fond of seeing on my posts when I am logged in.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does look much better on my phone. So it may have to do with the font size on the laptop.

TImeloop - Adjusting the font size on the Laptop fixed the issue.

Last edited:

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do away with the hovering over Bible verses with cursor feature?

That was one of my favorite features.

Is there a new method I haven't discovered yet?
I'm not too familiar with that one. Could you tell me more what you mean?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not too familiar with that one. Could you tell me more what you mean?
When you hovered the cursor over a Bible reference in a post then it would pop up that verse, or verses, from the ASV Bible so that you could quickly and easily see what it says. It was a very useful feature that I, and I'm sure many others, used a lot.