Skepticism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is the amount of skepticism rising in Christianity?

As Christians we are meant to be men and women of Faith in Jesus, we are meant to believe that Jesus can still work supernatural miracles through believers by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit lives in us Christians, as Christians we are temples of the Holy Spirit.

We are meant to be spreading a Gospel of all the powerful Jesus Christ who lives in every born again believer, the Jesus Christ who died for sins and rose again! We are meant to be spreading a Gospel of Jesus's resurrection power.

What happened to Matthew 17:20?

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

We serve a Living God, it's time to rise up! Pray for miracles, healings, breakthroughs in faith to happen so that people may believe, pray for people's lives to turn around to Jesus, pray for the spiritual gifts to be released amoung more Christians.

To the cessationists it's time to believe in the supernatural.

As God's people we are meant to have more power than those that practice witchcraft! We have not been perfected yet, we who are alive on earth right now have not entered Heaven yet! There is still a need to preach the Living Word, there is still a need to spread the good news about Jesus, there is still a need for that almighty resurrection power of Jesus Christ to be displayed, so that many will come to God.

If you want future generations to believe in Jesus, you better start believing miracles of Jesus are still in existence today, you better start believing that God given spiritual gifts are still existent today.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil is taking love from people hearts.. splitting true love up, and people can't make it to haven. Plus they were all lied to about other faiths in God..when u can look at the Shroud of your Lord and see what faith to be in.

I don't just post some random scriptures.. I just go for facts. And if your still blind to it.. then man you are going to fall hard.
shroud2.jpg

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The miraculous medal is one way to get graces from God. But nobody here has ever heard of it.

two-hearts-undivided.jpg

2 hearts in heaven... with right faith God will send you your True Love so you can believe. Without love u won't like it anywhere. A Mommy love won't do. People stop believing when life goes down the drain... and if life goes up like Lazarus.. a camel will enter heaven before him.

R

Rita

If Satan can convince the church that His Spirit is limited in what He can do , then is it any wonder that many do not believe in the miracles. Contentious to some , and I am not going to discuss this, but I just wanted to add to your thread Josho. God is still active in this world. Don’t lose the faith you have because others don’t see it xx
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Satan can convince the church that His Spirit is limited in what He can do , then is it any wonder that many do not believe in the miracles. Contentious to some , and I am not going to discuss this, but I just wanted to add to your thread Josho. God is still active in this world. Don’t lose the faith you have because others don’t see it xx
Rita
Shalom in Jesus Rita, to you and your household today.
Do you realize satan and the demons can and do appear as angels (messengers) of LIGHT ?
They counterfeit all or much of what is true, in the deception of the religious world worldwide.

When a teacher or preacher or student is bringing a false gospel, any time, anywhere, what does God's Word say about that bringing of a false gospel ? (as tested and shown by God's Word directly)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no Skepticism in Christianity, it's just people waking up to the "LIES" that have been told them all theirs lives. people are seeking the "TRUTH". the devil have deceived many a christian, not through fault of their own. but many christian are refusing to stay in darkness. our Lord said "Walk in the light", not in darkness. for the Son shall make you "FREE".

just as with the early catholic church, God's people refuse to be brainwashed any longer. so they are asking questions, and seeking, and searching, they refuse to be fools of the devil any longer.

PICJAG

R

Rita

Shalom in Jesus Rita, to you and your household today.
Do you realize satan and the demons can and do appear as angels (messengers) of LIGHT ?
They counterfeit all or much of what is true, in the deception of the religious world worldwide.

When a teacher or preacher or student is bringing a false gospel, any time, anywhere, what does God's Word say about that bringing of a false gospel ? (as tested and shown by God's Word directly)
Hi Joseph - your preaching to the converted.
I stand by what I said - not going to debate it x
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Joseph - your preaching to the converted.
I stand by what I said - not going to debate it x
Rita
I don't really know what you said (or what you meant). I'm not preaching. I don't know who is converted.
(on this forum, in this world everywhere, it is 'best' to be skeptical about this - as so many deceivers are all around us, everywhere, with few if any exceptions)

Reactions: charity
R

Rita

Sorry Joseph, that expression ‘ preaching to the converted ‘ over here means that what someone relays is already know by the person hearing the words. In other words, what you conveyed in your post was something I already knew. Xx

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Joseph, that expression ‘ preaching to the converted ‘ over here means that what someone relays is already know by the person hearing the words. In other words, what you conveyed in your post was something I already knew. Xx
COOL! Great to hear and know (if true)..... (it is difficult online, and in this place, to know someone's actual position, health, spiritual or mental or physical, even if they post many details .... everything must be tested and proven - requiring sometimes more than can be seen or learned on the internet) ....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is skepticism ?
Joseph, I've found an online dictionary a helpful tool to consult whenever I don't know or am not sure what certain words mean. Even for words I do know the meaning of, it's an interesting exercise to see what the dictionary has to say.

Reactions: Stan B and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The miraculous medal is one way to get graces from God. But nobody here has ever heard of it.

two-hearts-undivided.jpg

2 hearts in heaven... with right faith God will send you your True Love so you can believe. Without love u won't like it anywhere. A Mommy love won't do. People stop believing when life goes down the drain... and if life goes up like Lazarus.. a camel will enter heaven before him.
Sounds decidedly like superstition to me Brian.

Superstition is sitting on a chair that is unsound in the hope it won't collapse when sat on.
Living faith on the other hand is sitting on a chair knowing it is structurally sound and will not collapse.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph, I've found an online dictionary a helpful tool to consult whenever I don't know or am not sure what certain words mean. Even for words I do know the meaning of, it's an interesting exercise to see what the dictionary has to say.
So ?
So many of your own posts do not agree with standard English, and your replies ignore plain English, contrary to English conventions and so forth,
a dictionary will not help verifying what you are up to, what you want, or what you are asking or posting.

If you cannot explain clearly, then it remains a mystery (not a good mystery ) .

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds decidedly like superstition to me Brian.

Superstition is sitting on a chair that is unsound in the hope it won't collapse when sat on.
Living faith on the other hand is sitting on a chair knowing it is structurally sound and will not collapse.

Well, it has a story behind the miraculous medal. Skeptic or not I know about this stuff.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing the sorry story behind a grand deception does not make it true, nor does it make it not a deception.

In fact, knowing the truth removes the deception of it , and it is no longer considered true nor anything to even discuss.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have what authority to say its not true?
I just read your post that you say you are a catholic.

Then you stated you make up your own mind.

Since those are not mutually possible to both be truth (as you stated in your posts so far),

you make up your own mind.

(or turn to God becoming as a little child so that He may reveal the truth and salvation to you, as He is well pleased to do, for little children as Jesus says - remember He hides salvation from educated ones )