Slothfulness - Lazy (15 scriptures included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

In a hypothetical situation let’s say you and a team of people are building something together, and you have the project done, however there are still some pieces missing that you find left out on the floor.

How functional do you believe this project you built may last before it possibly falls apart and breaks down? Do you let your fellow workers know, hey we left these things out. Then they say don’t worry about that it’s fine as it is. Only to start coming apart, shortly after.

Or Let’s say you are building a house, however you desire to it quickly, and because of that you skip out on certain aspects such as maybe not wiring up an electrical outlet for the dryer and washer, or the plumping for the sink and the bathroom.

For one thing in this scenario you will not be able to wash or dry your clothes, or wash your hands, or take a shower or use the commode in your house that you quickly built up for yourself.

God doesn’t desire for you to have bits and pieces, he desires you to have a full confidence and trust in him, and the word of God is helpful in learning and growing in biblical truth about our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, that you may stand firmly, grounded and rooted in that foundation, abiding in faith, hope and of course love.

These are some helpful scriptures dealing with slothfulness, have you ever read or seen them before?

“He who is slothful in his work Is a brother to him who is a great destroyer. The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:9-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“I went by the field of the lazy man, And by the vineyard of the man devoid of understanding; And there it was, all overgrown with thorns; Its surface was covered with nettles; Its stone wall was broken down.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭24:30-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.”
‭‭II Thessalonians‬ ‭3:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!” As a door turns on its hinges, So does the lazy man on his bed. The lazy man buries his hand in the bowl; It wearies him to bring it back to his mouth. The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who can answer sensibly.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭26:13-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

““But his Lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:11-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Be encouraged to study the word.

• Don’t be ashamed, you shouldn’t be ashamed.

If you wanna ask questions to someone who might be an elder (mature in faith) go ahead ask them, they might help you.

Then again you may show them something they never thought of before. Of course always seek for God and his guidance and check the scriptures…

They are beneficial, I don’t care what anyone else may tell you, you should go and seek and learn and renew your mind by looking at Gods word, be encouraged!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be encouraged! Thank you for reading @amadeus. Sometimes I feel as though I have so little to offer other people because all that there is to give is love ultimately along with encouragement to seek after God. I hope Gods will pans out in my life before my death and he uses me for the purpose of edifying and encouraging others.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be encouraged! Thank you for reading @amadeus. Sometimes I feel as though I have so little to offer other people because all that there is to give is love ultimately along with encouragement to seek after God. I hope Gods will pans out in my life before my death and he uses me for the purpose of edifying and encouraging others.
Probably most of the people on this forum will not hear what you have to say... and that is among the comparatively few who will even read what you have to say.

Don't feel lonesome in that. That is the nature of the beasts that men are. Men are born selfish and becoming a Christian does not immediately [or even ever] completely change that.

They want you to read what they write but really, turnabout is not fair play! That is, "please read mine, but I really do not want to read yours, so I won't." That is, "my glory for me but no glory for you!" Any selfishness left in men, even in those who claim to be born again?

Selfishness, yes, but partly involved as well may be the laziness mentioned in your OP. It is very easy for the beasts that men are to be lazy as well, isn't it? Who is no longer a beast, either unclean or clean? Many may claim not to be... but, watch carefully anyone who makes that claim to you.

When the total number of posts was smaller, or my reading ability or endurance was greater, I would read every post on this forum daily. Now that is no longer possible for me. I don't know if anyone does that now. I do not believe anyone is answering every post every day. I certainly never did that.

Sometimes your offerings are quite good and interesting. Other times not so much, but... remember that people are not all the same. They have different interests, different endurances, different experiences in the Lord or in the world, and so forth. All of those things and more have a part in their potential for participation in your threads. [Some people may read and be blessed, but simply never say a word about it for you to hear.]

Was Jesus always popular with many followers always at his heels waiting for his next words and deeds impatiently? John chapter 6 shows us clearly that he was losing some people. Should we expect to do better?

Look at each of the great prophets in the OT. Some of them were rejected continuously and often they were physically abused by the opposition. Did they ever do any good on God's behalf but failed to see the good for themselves? You had better believe it! Be encouraged, my friend!

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably most of the people on this forum will not hear what you have to say... and that is among the comparatively few who will even read what you have to say.

Don't feel lonesome in that. That is the nature of the beasts that men are. Men are born selfish and becoming a Christian does not immediately [or even ever] completely change that.

They want you to read what they write but really, turnabout is not fair play! That is, "please read mine, but I really do not want to read yours, so I won't." That is, "my glory for me but no glory for you!" Any selfishness left in men, even in those who claim to be born again?

Selfishness, yes, but partly involved as well may be the laziness mentioned in your OP. It is very easy for the beasts that men are to be lazy as well, isn't it? Who is no longer a beast, either unclean or clean? Many may claim not to be... but, watch carefully anyone who makes that claim to you.

When the total number of posts was smaller, or my reading ability or endurance was greater, I would read every post on this forum daily. Now that is no longer possible for me. I don't know if anyone does that now. I do not believe anyone is answering every post every day. I certainly never did that.

Sometimes your offerings are quite good and interesting. Other times not so much, but... remember that people are not all the same. They have different interests, different endurances, different experiences in the Lord or in the world, and so forth. All of those things and more have a part in their potential for participation in your threads. [Some people may read and be blessed, but simply never say a word about it for you to hear.]

Was Jesus always popular with many followers always at his heels waiting for his next words and deeds impatiently? John chapter 6 shows us clearly that he was losing some people. Should we expect to do better?

Look at each of the great prophets in the OT. Some of them were rejected continuously and often they were physically abused by the opposition. Did they ever do any good on God's behalf but failed to see the good for themselves? You had better believe it! Be encouraged, my friend!

Thank you Amadeus your message was encouraging, my friend.