Slow area of the forum! Let's testify!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every single thing in my life I recognize is because of Him...
even my recognition of that fact! Haha...even that. ☺
How my life was different without acknowledging God all around me and in me directing my every move to draw me closer to Him.
All glory and praise to Him. *humble praise emoji* here.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. I'd like to write a three page testimony telling of all the wonderful things God has done for me. (droopy face) someday I will. Right now I feel like a square peg trying to fit in the round hole God has for me. But He is the Potter and I the clay. Mold me Lord. Lately I have been trying to not let my lowly feeling affect the joy that everyone else has around me. That my friend is not easy. lol, I'm even doing it here. I'm surely thankful for His presence in my life.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately I have been trying to not let my lowly feeling affect the joy
that everyone else has around me.
That my friend is not easy. lol, I'm even doing it here.
I'm surely thankful for His presence in my life.
Was that funny or what ...still laughing! :D

Keeping with the theme of testifying I will say,
What I have found, Pisteuo, is if i say anything is hard...it surely will be.
If I am thankful for His presence, then, by golly, THAT is where I keep my attention.
When the devil, lower ego-self tries to sway me in any negative direction...first, I have trained myself to recognize what is happening,
and then, say with a smile, "Uh-uh. Oh, no you don't!!"
And then, like gently placing the needle back in the groove...focus on the Truth...
any Truth I want...I am an heir of Christ's, is a good one to remind myself of...and all that means...I am an overcomer...Would my father give me a stone if I asked for bread?

So, I recognize what has been given to me and move fwd...pushing away any doubt that popped into my silly pea brain like a pesky fly on my shoulder.

Do this practice of recognizing the second a silly neg thought appears and banish it immediately.
See, what happens after just one week of this deliberate discipline, my friend! ;]

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good advice, well received and thank you much.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. I'd like to write a three page testimony telling of all the wonderful things God has done for me. (droopy face) someday I will. Right now I feel like a square peg trying to fit in the round hole God has for me. But He is the Potter and I the clay. Mold me Lord. Lately I have been trying to not let my lowly feeling affect the joy that everyone else has around me. That my friend is not easy. lol, I'm even doing it here. I'm surely thankful for His presence in my life.

You are not alone. Everything you described, I too have experienced it. I don't really have any advice; other than keep walking, and maybe one more thing: someone once described depression as such: living water is meant to flow out, when it gets misdirected to flow inwardly and the focus becomes self: the pool becomes stagnate. I am not saying that is you, but it helped me at the time.

Maybe...we all have been square pegs trying to fit in a round hole at some point. :confused:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies Miss H for derailing your testimony/praise thread

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. I also see that there will not be a testimony without the test. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. I also see that there will not be a testimony without the test. :)
Want to share more? Was there a time you felt tested and came out on the other end victorious? This is the place!! :]

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every single thing in my life I recognize is because of Him...
even my recognition of that fact! Haha...even that. ☺
How my life was different without acknowledging God all around me and in me directing my every move to draw me closer to Him.
All glory and praise to Him. *humble praise emoji* here.
I often wonderd just how closely God works with the individual. Some times I am persuaded very intimatly. But then pain comes and I wonder where was God in that time. I am persuaded today that God will be as intimate as you like and allow Him. He will direct every single day with you.
You need to be in a place to allow Him this freedom in your life. Most Christian do not allow God free move ment in there lives daily. We have sway over God. He never forces anyone. anything He gets from us needs to be freely given to Him. That allows Him to move freely in our lives. No matter how we act He loves us. He also loves them that dont know Him. But Christians think they can look down there nose at these people who dont know Christ as saviour. And most Christains as I said to Stranger today . Dont have a personal relationship with God. To there cost. God doesnt need you every moment, He would like it though. I have set my face like flint to spend time with God more than I ever done. I can see the benifits already.
Soon as you are willing to lay down your life. ( Dont mean dying. Just dying to the flesh and soul thougts and actions) The sonner He can move and bless and grow You. Thats what He wants from you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a nearly continuous testimony if we simply do not quench the Spirit. I will write one thing here I learned from the man who won me to the Lord anew over 40 years ago:

"It is easy to live for God hard, but it hard to live for God easy."

Lots of things learned and forgotten since that time, but that one has always stuck with me. In other words, if you want to go the easy route and try to go always the easy way it will end up being the hard way and may put you into a lukewarmness that results in God spitting you out. But, if very simply you strive to put everything you have into serving God [serving Him hard], it will turn out to be ever so easy.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...to God continual grace and ever present encouragement to keep looking unto Him...and blur out other distractions along this path that we are on.
No one likes getting older, but it too has it's blessings.
I used to be so busy, in younger years I would then feeling like I was a dry stick and had to draw away and spend time with God to get a refill of His Spirit to keep on going...I seemed to live from full to empty.
These slower days of life I must say I do enjoy the ever present consciousness of the Lord. Old age brings good things with it..it took me a while to learn and appreciate that. :)

Reactions: amadeus

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will "testify" I love getting older. I figure I may have 20 years...if I look at my family....
Women die in their sleep (each one) between 88-98.
Since my 20s every time I heard that someone passed the first thought was,"Lucky".
I'm closer and closer to leaving here! YAY ! (THO, I'm fine here now that I know the Formula.)
My sights are not on the earth but above. You know, Col 3:2

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will "testify" I love getting older. I figure I may have 20 years...if I look at my family....
Women die in their sleep (each one) between 88-98.
Since my 20s every time I heard that someone passed the first thought was,"Lucky".
I'm closer and closer to leaving here! YAY ! (THO, I'm fine here now that I know the Formula.)
My sights are not on the earth but above. You know, Col 3:2

I would love it ( getting older) except for 'my bits' don't all work as well as they used to.
All my folks lasted to over 90...my mum was 99
But I have twice heard from the Lord that it will be 87 for me.
I do NOT say that I have 'perfect hearing' ...I always maintain in all things-
" I could be wrong"...but God gave me that once...and then confirmed it about five years later.
I had read that scripture in Psalms, where it says " Teach us to number our days..."
So I thought, okay Lord..what are 'my days'. :)

My kids know I have my money on 87....but I have hold it loosely.
I am almost 76, 11yrs to go... so I probably will beat you there.
I'll look for you coming... :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are not alone. Everything you described, I too have experienced it. I don't really have any advice; other than keep walking, and maybe one more thing: someone once described depression as such: living water is meant to flow out, when it gets misdirected to flow inwardly and the focus becomes self: the pool becomes stagnate. I am not saying that is you, but it helped me at the time.

Maybe...we all have been square pegs trying to fit in a round hole at some point. :confused:
i suggest that it is the world, and not God, who carved this hole that we keep attempting to fit into.

Reactions: Richard_oti

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i suggest that it is the world, and not God, who carved this hole that we keep attempting to fit into.

Well dear bbyrd...you are very fee to suggest it...but I think I saw your suggestion fall on the floor and roll off under the table. :)

... and the bide and groom lived happily ever after.
That's how love stories end. :) This one will too.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Keep up the prayer with Christ, let his joy be your strength, one day you might just fit in that round hole and you hopefully will have a wonderful testimony from that to tell others.

@Miss Hepburn I don't know how long this testimony category has been around for, but u will find that there is a lot more in the testimonial section. Haha, can never get enough. It's all for the benefit of others, that their faith in Christ may build, and that they may learn the many different ways of how others have conquered mountains and defeated problems through Jesus. If ya need a build up it's good to have a read/listen of testimonies.