Slumbering Problems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm been sleeping too much. And I don't really want to, it's been a hindrance. I've been trying to fight this, reading the verses to combat the love of sleep and slumber. But I keep falling back into sleepiness/slumber. I probably have a strongman that should be dealt with.

I want the evil spirits of slumber and love of sleep to be removed. I don't know what is causing this. So I'm going to need prayers for them to be eliminated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: dev553344

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm been sleeping too much. And I don't really want to, it's been a hindrance. I've been trying to fight this, reading the verses to combat the love of sleep and slumber. But I keep falling back into sleepiness/slumber. I probably have a strongman that should be dealt with.

I want the evil spirits of slumber and love of sleep to be removed. I don't know what is causing this. So I'm going to need prayers for them to be eliminated. Thanks in advance.

I have almost, many times, posted to ask if anyone else was experiencing strange tiredness. It’s not normal the exhaustion I’ve been feeling for awhile now. When it hits me, I can sleep all night, wake for 4 hours, and then sleep again until evening. It’s quite bizarre. I had thought it was maybe some kind of…oppression…

And…it hits me severely and suddenly, almost as if I could fall asleep standing up…
I do like to sleep, but this is just abnormal!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get hit by fatigue episodes too. I recently got my vitamin D checked and found I was deficient. That seems to have fixed the problem I think. But I need more time to know as I usually only get one episode per month. Much more energy daily now though.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you!

I have the opposite problem in never being able to sleep as much as my old body requires. I never had such trouble when I was young.

Give God the glory!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you!

I have the opposite problem in never being able to sleep as much as my old body requires. I never had such trouble when I was young.

Give God the glory!
How long has it been that way my friend . I dont have that problem either . I cant lie down for all those long hours anymore .
About seven hours in the summer is all i sleep . Even on days when i want to sleep in , It aint happening i just get on up my friend
OH BUT WE HAVE THE GLORIOUS LORD my friend . YES indeed . And HE is with us unto the end . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get hit by fatigue episodes too. I recently got my vitamin D checked and found I was deficient. That seems to have fixed the problem I think. But I need more time to know as I usually only get one episode per month. Much more energy daily now though.
Look on the bright side my friend , we wont be in these bodies for ever . TRUTH is by the signs of the times
I would not expect to see white hair on my head at all . AND i am fifty . No white hairs at all yet
but the point is , I dont EXPECT to see a white head of hair on my head BEFORE JESUS DOES COME HIMSELF and carries
me and all the lambs to our FOREVER HOME IN PARADISE WITH HIM . AND that my friend IS THE FAR BETTER PLACE .
EVEN paul knew it . FAR BETTER . BUT TILL THEN we must march on doing all to point folks to Christ and exhorting daily
and SO MUCH MORE as WE SEE THE DAY APPROACHING . CAUSE OH YES ITS APPROACHING and no man knows the day nor hour .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have almost, many times, posted to ask if anyone else was experiencing strange tiredness. It’s not normal the exhaustion I’ve been feeling for awhile now. When it hits me, I can sleep all night, wake for 4 hours, and then sleep again until evening. It’s quite bizarre. I had thought it was maybe some kind of…oppression…

And…it hits me severely and suddenly, almost as if I could fall asleep standing up…
I have felt that too . I suddenly just get so sleepy i can doze out even while reading aloud .
Its weird . I have also felt this episodes where it just feels off , really tired and weak . But then it goes away .
As for me i cant just lie down and sleep like that . I usually lie down around nine thirty
and am waking up by five am . Then i might try and doze a bit more . On and off till i just get up .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wake up early and can't get back to sleep.

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you eat the right stuff, and enough of it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long has it been that way my friend . I dont have that problem either . I cant lie down for all those long hours anymore .
About seven hours in the summer is all i sleep . Even on days when i want to sleep in , It aint happening i just get on up my friend
OH BUT WE HAVE THE GLORIOUS LORD my friend . YES indeed . And HE is with us unto the end . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .
When I was still working full-time, I never had the problem. I worked hard and crashed quickly when I took the time to lie down to sleep. I took an early retirement from the Social Security Administration in November of 2000. Upon finishing my last workday, I went home and slept 3 days and nights getting up only to go to the bathroom. My wife was there watching over me. I have never regularly slept well since then.

As I am typing this early in the A.M. I have had only 5 hours sleep. When I am doing well, I sleep 7. Once in a while when totally exhausted I will lie down in the P.M. for a short nap.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Perhaps you're just getting old like me.:)
I'm 74 and the same thing happens to me even after a good nights sleep, I sometimes need to take a nap any old time of the day.
Or in my case it could be due to covid which I had a couple of years ago, and it could have turned into recurrent "long" covid, a symptom of which is to be hit by the occasional overwhelming desire to sleep....zzzzzzzzzzz

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you're just getting old like me.:)
I'm 74 and the same thing happens to me even after a good nights sleep, I sometimes need to take a nap any old time of the day.
Or in my case it could be due to covid which I had a couple of years ago, and it could have turned into recurrent "long" covid, a symptom of which is to be hit by the occasional overwhelming desire to sleep....zzzzzzzzzzz
Maybe that explains my episodes of fatigue. I may have had COVID at the start. I went to the doctors and they wanted to test me for COVID. I denied and just got antibiotics for bronchitis. Cleared up after the antibiotics so I just forgot about it. But yeah I get these sleep episodes and fatigue.

I wonder if the @ShineTheLight has had COVID?

Reactions: Dropship

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my experience as well!
Well ponder on the beauty of this , ONE DAY all lambs shall wake up to the COMING OF THE GLORIOUS LORD .
I dont think our new bodies will need one ounce of sleep either .
Just ponder on what is coming at the end of our faith . AND none of us has much time left in this ol world .
Either we breathe our last or at HIS COMING its all done and we are finally HOME .
Till then we are gonna march on in the LORD doing the things HE has us to be doing . Now lift those hands up and let the LORD
be praised my friend . OH the beauty of the LORD . PRAISE BE TO HIS HOLY NAME .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was still working full-time, I never had the problem. I worked hard and crashed quickly when I took the time to lie down to sleep. I took an early retirement from the Social Security Administration in November of 2000. Upon finishing my last workday, I went home and slept 3 days and nights getting up only to go to the bathroom. My wife was there watching over me. I have never regularly slept well since then.

As I am typing this early in the A.M. I have had only 5 hours sleep. When I am doing well, I sleep 7. Once in a while when totally exhausted I will lie down in the P.M. for a short nap.
Well your work in the LORD is not over my friend . You might be retired from natural work but our work for the LORD
ends at our last breath . SO march onwards my friend and point all to Christ .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well ponder on the beauty of this , ONE DAY all lambs shall wake up to the COMING OF THE GLORIOUS LORD .
I dont think our new bodies will need one ounce of sleep either .
Just ponder on what is coming at the end of our faith . AND none of us has much time left in this ol world .
Either we breathe our last or at HIS COMING its all done and we are finally HOME .
Till then we are gonna march on in the LORD doing the things HE has us to be doing . Now lift those hands up and let the LORD
be praised my friend . OH the beauty of the LORD . PRAISE BE TO HIS HOLY NAME .
The glorious LORD be thanked and praised.
Very soon, we will be Home with the LORD. Lambsville.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The glorious LORD be thanked and praised.
Very soon, we will be Home with the LORD. Lambsville.
I notice it was the very hope of the early church . ITS ours as well . They can keep the hope of this world
its not my Home . JESUS has prepared a place for us . Now let the LORD be praised and thanked

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

or maybe your'e burning the candle at both ends and your body is telling you to rest? :confused: I will be praying for you anyway sis. xox
Love you!

Reactions: Nancy