Smart phones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 17, 2017
Craiova
Faith
Christian
Country
Romania
Do you own a smart phone, and, if yes, which brand? Are you satisfied with it? How often do you use it on average everyday? Do you intend to change it in the near future? Anything else you'd like to share about smart phones? Let's discuss. :p

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Mugre Pinzon

Oct 4, 2019
Fairbanks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm late to this popular party! :D I've got the Samsung S21 with 256 GB of storage. I like it. I've had several Samsungs and stick with the same brand so that I don't have to become familiar with a different android interface, though they're all similar. I get a new phone about every two years.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm late to this popular party! :D I've got the Samsung S21 with 256 GB of storage. I like it. I've had several Samsungs and stick with the same brand so that I don't have to become familiar with a different android interface, though they're all similar. I get a new phone about every two years.
Unfortunately, the fellow who started this thread has not been seen around here for nearly a year. Maybe someone else can talk with you about it. I am no cell phone person. My son-in-law bought us one a month ago and I still have trouble answering it when it rings. My wife keeps showing me how but before it sinks in good, I have forgotten again. I will stay with my desktop computer.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I own an iphone but either iphone or Android is good. I don't know what else is out there but whatever it may be may have more trouble getting support. For example, a few years back Linux Ubuntu introduced a smartphone and I'm sure it would have been great (I wanted one), but none of the carriers wanted to support it, so if there's an issue, you are left by yourself to fix it.

The reason I chosen iphone is one simple reason: I get an acknowledgement when my text goes thru, so if I'm worried about my wife and it says "delivered", at least she's not in the car with her phone at the bottom of a lake somewhere. It has to be working to get a response (she also has the "read" turned on so I know there was a response from her). You can put tracking on either one but I don't want to get into where people are-- just that they are OK. When I text an android, I have no idea if they got it or not or even if their phone is in another dimension until they reply back.

There's no "better" operating system IMO. Android and iphones are based on Linux and Unix respectively, highly secure operating systems free from viruses and worms; as long as you don't deliberately and knowingly download a bad app that can spy or whatever. But that does not happen "by accident". Unlike Microsoft, that seemingly gets malware of all types by no direct user intervention and even by just "turning it on", this day and age where we want security you may want not only your smart phone from one of these two operating systems, but also your home computer/laptop. I already had an android desktop but it's a mobile operating system so it was not meant for a keyboard and monitor, although it will work. Linux is the best for that (and for browser based, a chromebook laptop).

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Unfortunately, the fellow who started this thread has not been seen around here for nearly a year. Maybe someone else can talk with you about it. I am no cell phone person. My son-in-law bought us one a month ago and I still have trouble answering it when it rings. My wife keeps showing me how but before it sinks in good, I have forgotten again. I will stay with my desktop computer.
i dont know why “new posts” is apparently so selective? ive been here every day since feb 1, but i guess it was lia’s post that finally brought this thread to “new posts” hmm

Phil W.

Mar 16, 2022
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are looking for privacy and less chance of exploits I would recommend an iPhone. However, it comes with a price and force you into a user experience that you might not like. However, out of a security & privacy point of view iPhone beats Android hands down. If you prefer Android I would recommend the Google Pixel. Google maintains the Android OS so their product will work best with Android and always be up to date regarding patches and latest releases.

haruto

Nov 12, 2020
Freeport
Faith
Christian
Country
Albania
Yes I am fond of actively use my smartphones and social media like facebook and etc. Sometimes our social media acc can be hack. So we need to protect it. Recently I found info about facebook private profile viewer https://celltrackingapps.com/how-to-view-private-facebook Some apps for spy are more likely to work compared to others, but nonetheless, you will find all relevant information on how to view the full Facebook profile without being friends with the person.

Last edited:

Mugre Pinzon

Oct 4, 2019
Fairbanks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I own an iphone but either iphone or Android is good. I don't know what else is out there but whatever it may be may have more trouble getting support. For example, a few years back Linux Ubuntu introduced a smartphone and I'm sure it would have been great (I wanted one), but none of the carriers wanted to support it, so if there's an issue, you are left by yourself to fix it.

My first "smart" phone was the Amazon Fire phone. I really liked it. It had some features that were unique for its time. The only problem was the limitations inherent in the Amazon app store. There was so much I couldn't do with the phone because I couldn't install apps from the google store...