So, are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone care to convince a old preacher that these Bible changes aren't really happening???

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out (I distinctly remember vex, and not wear out) the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
vex.jpg

Amos said: 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, (I also remember it being south, not east) they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.
amos8south.jpg

And the lion and lamb controversy, how about that?

Exert From: Dispensational Truth II, Pre-Millennialism, by Clarence Larkin
Originally published: 1918
Chapter 2
Pre-Millennialism

larkin-lion-and-lamb.png

Clarence Larkin 1918 said:
He claimed that Israel and Mount Zion represented the Church. That the promised submission of the Gentiles to the Jews was simply prophetic of the conversion of the Gentiles and their entrance into the Church. That the lying down of the lion and the lamb together typified the reconciliation of the Old and New natures, and that the establishment of an outward and visible kingdom at Jerusalem, over which Christ and the saints should reign, was gross and carnal, and contrary to reason, as it implied the mingling together of human and spiritual beings on the earth.

I've got tons more. Just looking for someone to talk me out of it.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone care to convince a old preacher that these Bible changes aren't really happening???

Sure, it's really my brother's experise, and not mine. But I've heard enough from his and his discussion of the texts of the Bible to know that there is little significance in the differences between the texts with respect to fundamental beliefs. And the vast majority of differences are trivial, perhaps a misspelling, a failure to include everything, or an attempted insertion by way of explanation.

Most of the modern Bible versions seem to consider all texts, and not just the Majority Text. We have no idea how many errors, corrections, or "polishing" went on in the centuries in which texts were preserved in the Byzantine Empire. Older texts add a valuable measure to judge how much of this may have gone on. Of course, the Alexandrian text may have been "polished," as well, or may have omitted or added.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out (I distinctly remember vex, and not wear out) the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

"Vex" and "wear out" sound very much like synonyms.

Amos said: 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, (I also remember it being south, not east) they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

Everywhere I read it, the word is "east," and not "south." It may appear that "south" is inserted to "correct" a perceived mistake in the Bible. But as much as "south" seems to be the natural fit, in context the "east" is actually more applicable to the context, which refers to Ephraim, whose people did not want to consult God in His temple in the "south."

Chapter 2
Pre-Millennialism

This one's too small for me to read.

So what versions are you including as more valid, and which are you excluding as not valid?

Reactions: Nancy

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a King James man. I just don't trust those translated from the Alexandrian text which, Westcott & Hort used as their basis for the most part. But it seems I may not trust even my KJV now.
This one's too small for me to read.
I actually put an exert from the page below the image.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is: Are we in the Correct NATION; and the Correct STATE; then the Correct City; then the Correct Street; and finally the Correct ADDRESS number?

But until you solve the simple (starting with "NATION"), then who cares how many cities/streets have that same "ADDRESS" number.

Of course, it IS EASIER to make a "doctrine" which only covers a word or sentence, -- than it is to have the "doctrine" agree with the Paragraph, Chapter, Book, and Bible. And who cares whether a given "doctrine" is correct or not when it's simply a glorification of ego?!?

Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings, Parson.

I think he problem here stems from your 1817 source that you keep quoting. It's corrupted. In the above passage, the word is East in both the LXX and Masoretic.

You'd have to go into more detail on what the Lion and the Lamb controversy is before I could comment.

God bless, and welcome to Christianity Board.

Reactions: Grailhunter

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is: Are we in the Correct NATION; and the Correct STATE; then the Correct City; then the Correct Street; and finally the Correct ADDRESS number?
But until you solve the simple (starting with "NATION"), then who cares how many cities/streets have that same "ADDRESS" number.
Of course, it IS EASIER to make a "doctrine" which only covers a word or sentence, -- than it is to have the "doctrine" agree with the Paragraph, Chapter, Book, and Bible. And who cares whether a given "doctrine" is correct or not when it's simply a glorification of ego?!?
Bobby Jo
Then it also has to do with who's ego you're talking about...

Greetings, Parson.
I think he problem here stems from your 1817 source that you keep quoting. It's corrupted. In the above passage, the word is East in both the LXX and Masoretic.
You'd have to go into more detail on what the Lion and the Lamb controversy is before I could comment.
Not necessarily a quote, more than a reference my friend. It may or then again may not be corrupted. And it's neither here nor there that is says east or south. What it is is the tip of the iceberg of my delima.

But to reference it as prophecy, which some Bible scholars dispute as to weather the summer fruit prophecy was actually for Amos' day, or some future event. So then that's why the OP of are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?!!! Are you getting my gist so far?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

vex.jpg

amos8south.jpg

Chapter 2
Pre-Millennialism

larkin-lion-and-lamb.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, Parson.

Sounds to me like this mandela effect thing . I have heard of this rumor . It basically says
satan has changed the bible . As if he went back in time and changed it . Mandela effect is false . It does not exist .

Reactions: Mayflower

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a bible well over a hundred and twenty years old . It has always said wear out .
Dont anyone believe in the mandela effect either
Do you believe this is caused by an outside, worldly source, or is it a direct result of Bible prophecy. That so called "effect" is suggesting it was caused by science gone wild, and/and CERN. Even the term Mandela Effect" was coined by a woman into black magic, Theona Bloom.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe this is caused by an outside, worldly source, or is it a direct result of Bible prophecy. That so called "effect" is suggesting it was caused by science gone wild, and/and CERN. Even the term Mandela Effect" was coined by a woman into black magic, Theona Bloom.
I believe satan is using this logic to cause christains to not be able to trust in a bible . He is slick .
I have a very old bible , kjv . AND it always said wear out . Dont believe this mandela stuff .
I recognized it when you said the Lion and lamb thing . I have heard another try and teach it . I knew it was wrong right off the bat .
So dont buy it .

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid I can't buy what I shouldn't have to afford to pay for amigo de Christo (Friend of Christ)... But something is happening, and it's down right evil... By the way, I've preached on Isaiah 11:6 many times over the past 30 years, and you may not want to hear about what I have to say about it...

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

vex.jpg

amos8south.jpg

Chapter 2
Pre-Millennialism

larkin-lion-and-lamb.png

I'll take a crack at it.
The Antichrist will soon be revealed and is here now. He attacks the saints, persecutes them, kills them. This is the Great Tribulation, a 3 1/2 years period. The Rider (Antichrist) on the White Horse already went out to conquer and has - almost. He was given a crown (coronavirus) and has a bow to shoot with.
As for Amos 8:11, 12, the famine in the land will come when the Church has been raptured and with them, the Holy Spirit (the Restrainer of evil) is taken out of the way. At this time, the Antichrist will be revealed - somebody like Bill Gates for example, the Tech god of this world. Having invested $10 billion in vaccines, believing in Eugenics, depopulation ... well he already started. (I am not absolutely sure about this, but he is suspect). If they haven't already, vaccines will contain nanotechnology, Luciferase, genetic therapy that may cause severe reactions with the next virus similar to auto immune disease syndrome where your own body identifies the virus and attacks itself, sterilization too. All of a sudden, pregnancy will be rare.
We are supposed to have heard immunity by now. And ALL those who tested positive and showed no symptoms should not have to worry nor take the vaccine or wear a mask. The deception and lies surrounding this whole dilemma is diabolical.
Seems like everyone is lining up for their shot - can't wait. They don't even ha e a clue if this works, because it is experimental and lacks the usual Dr. are if testing. But they have been scared to death and need some hope, some protection. Welcome to the new you, a genetically modified organism. Sounds like a Sci-fi movie. It is very clever how Satan was able to get the entire world to comply, under control - willingly.
So maybe two years from now, when the rapture happens and the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, there will be a famine of the Word. God will send out a strong delusion that they will believe the lie. A false prophet assists the Antichrist and people believe him.
Of course the New World Order has been in the plans for quite some time. All the nations had to get on board some how. The Global Warming scare was one way, they got all nations to sign onto that. It is globalism in disguise.

What the heck, I took a crack at it, maybe I'm off my rocker and it's just my imagination ... may be not?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But to reference it as prophecy, which some Bible scholars dispute as to weather the summer fruit prophecy was actually for Amos' day, or some future event. So then that's why the OP of are Daniel 7:25 and Amos 8:11-12 related in prophecy?!!!

Ok, LoL. Your OP title seems to be going in one direction while your OP content goes in another.

But to answer the question above, no. They are not related in prophecy. The summer fruit passage prophesied about the fall of Israel at the hands of the Assyrians some 40 years later, and does not relate to the end times and the rise of the Antichrist. The Daniel passage does.
And thank you for the welcome bty...

You're welcome, btw... : )

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take a crack it. The Antichrist will soon be revealed and is here now. He attacks the saints, persecutes them, kills them. This is the Great Tribulation, a 3 1/2 years period. The Rider (Antichrist) on the White Horse already went out to conquer and has - almost. Je was gjven a crown
Nope, none of that's happened yet. However, the antichrist will soon be revealed. I believe that with all my heart. But his spirit is already with us isn't it? 1 John 4:3

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, LoL. Your OP title seems to be going in one direction while your OP content goes in another.

But to answer the question above, no. They are not related in prophecy. The summer fruit passage prophesied about the fall of Israel at the hands of the Assyrians some 40 years later, and does not relate to the end times and the rise of the Antichrist. The Daniel passage does.
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to mislead.
But as for your response on Amos 8, when exactly in the day of Amos did the word of God disappear? Just asking because that's what verses 11 & 12 are telling us. They "shall not find it"...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to mislead.
But as for your response on Amos 8, when exactly in the day of Amos did the word of God disappear? Just asking because that's what verses 11 & 12 are telling us. They "shall not find it"...

That would be a tough thing to pin down. Judging by some of the things Isaiah prophesied before Judah's fall, the Lord "sealed up the vision," meaning the prophesy had been declared and now nothing would be allowed to turn it back. So He had this way of closing the ears of the people once judgment was set, lest they repent, and what had been prophesied be proven to be a lie.

In that context, I would say beginning not long after Amos' prophecy went forth. But that is admittedly conjecture on my part.

Reactions: amigo de christo