So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends and others,

I want to thank you for letting me come to your forums. This has taken a long time to write and think about and I am sure everyone has written something like this before and might has reconsidered after they did. I just don't feel like I have anything in common with anyone here. People here are Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone) and I am not, a majority of People for the most part seem not to like any Church and I am pro Church, I believe that Baptism is necessary for Salvation (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:21), I believe in the authority of the Church and that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim 3:15) . I am a Traditional Liturgical Christian, most here are not. I believe in the Real Presence in the Bread and Wine, I believe in asking the Saints in Heaven for prayer as I ask you all for prayer sometimes. I believe in all the bells and whistles in the Church. There seems to be no mods or admins to get the worst offenders and they don't seem to care.

That is the main reason I feel that I really can not identify with most here and this place can bring out the worst in me for some reason. Since I am going to start seminary soon for the diaconate and the Priest hood if God wills than it is better if I left here.

I have mixed feelings about my time here, I want to say thank you for my time here and yet I am not sure either. I will stay through Easter and then delete my watch threads and all that. I felt like I should explain myself and not just abruptly disappear.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, as you know...I cannot say anything but..."I know how you feel".

But, sad indeed.:oops:

As you saw, I got a couple of jibes on my "Friends of The Site" just sarcasm, yet no regrets or saying -Oh didnt realize how we sounded.

So, I guess things wont change..BUT, that said,...I am still praying for God to bless this Site and turn it around for its good.

Bless you....H

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy
B

Butterfly

Oh I am so sorry you feel that way, really sorry that you feel you cannot stay, that makes me ' sad '
Xxxxxx
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Friends and others,

I want to thank you for letting me come to your forums. This has taken a long time to write and think about and I am sure everyone has written something like this before and might has reconsidered after they did. I just don't feel like I have anything in common with anyone here. People here are Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone) and I am not, a majority of People for the most part seem not to like any Church and I am pro Church, I believe that Baptism is necessary for Salvation (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:21), I believe in the authority of the Church and that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim 3:15) . I am a Traditional Liturgical Christian, most here are not. I believe in the Real Presence in the Bread and Wine, I believe in asking the Saints in Heaven for prayer as I ask you all for prayer sometimes. I believe in all the bells and whistles in the Church. There seems to be no mods or admins to get the worst offenders and they don't seem to care.

That is the main reason I feel that I really can not identify with most here and this place can bring out the worst in me for some reason. Since I am going to start seminary soon for the diaconate and the Priest hood if God wills than it is better if I left here.

I have mixed feelings about my time here, I want to say thank you for my time here and yet I am not sure either. I will stay through Easter and then delete my watch threads and all that. I felt like I should explain myself and not just abruptly disappear.
Thank you historyb for your straightforward note. We all no doubt have views that we are persuaded are correct. I have not been banned nor my posts deleted because of my particular angle as I have found on other sites even pay sites. The fact that some of the participants can be cantankerous is unfortunate There is much patience in administration for which I am grateful.
If one's heart is in the right place some doors will close but not without other doors opening. If one's heart is in the wrong place no doors will open and no doors will close.
Seek, ask and knocking is the prerequisite for doors to open whereas a full cup can take no more.

My objective is to build on that sure foundation which is Jesus. To date, the building process is underway and from the most unlikely participants.
It seems to me that in many cases this is how God works. Consider old Simeon and Anna in the Temple at Jesus's dedication, the shepherds on Bethlehem's hills or John the Baptist.
Popular systems of the day have always been sidestepped in scripture for those whose hearts bore the stamp of their creator. It is no different today.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends and others,

We keep losing the good ones :( Although, I certainly understand what you are saying. I had almost left a while back until someone I love and see as my mentor on here, lol said I needed a thicker skin and, I agreed.
Historyb, I wish you well in your spiritual endeavors. GO with our prayers. Happy Easter and, you can always come and visit! ♥

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends and others,

Sorry to see anyone leave, hope you change your mind. just learn, even from them you might not agree with. KNOWLEDGE is power.

Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:18 "Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured.
Proverbs 27:19 "As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
Proverbs 27:20 "Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. (read that one again).
Proverbs 27:21 "As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.
Proverbs 27:22 "Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.
Proverbs 27:23 "Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. (we suggest you read that one again too).
Proverbs 27:24 "For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Dear Friends and others,

It's been nice reading your posts. I think this is one of the best sites because you will not end up preaching to the choir here.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a Traditional Liturgical Christian, most here are not.
True enough, and no Catholic would be totally comfortable on an evangelical or fundamental forum. The difference in beliefs are quite significant. I'm sure you will be more comfortable on a Roman Catholic forum.

Something to bear in mind is that while many (if not most) Catholics are fine, upstanding, moral and ethical people, the teachings promoted by the Vatican and the hierarchy of the CC are antithetical to Bible Christianity. IOW your church is deceiving and misleading you.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True enough, and no Catholic would be totally comfortable on an evangelical or fundamental forum. The difference in beliefs are quite significant. I'm sure you will be more comfortable on a Roman Catholic forum.

Something to bear in mind is that while many (if not most) Catholics are fine, upstanding, moral and ethical people, the teachings promoted by the Vatican and the hierarchy of the CC are antithetical to Bible Christianity. IOW your church is deceiving and misleading you.

I am not Catholic and I find your post highly insulting and among the many reasons not to stay. That is another problem you types assume what someone is without finding out what they really believe. The same problems the Orthodox have problems with Catholics I also share, so try finding out who someone is and what they believe instead of thinking you know.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not Catholic and I find your post highly insulting and among the many reasons not to stay. That is another problem you types assume what someone is without finding out what they really believe. The same problems the Orthodox have problems with Catholics I also share, so try finding out who someone is and what they believe instead of thinking you know.
Sadly, people assuming that they know who 'Mike' is and what he believes is one of the common downfalls of human beings, regardless of what group Mike or the assumer is from.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@historyb Really sorry to see you leave my friend, but I do understand... or at least I am trying to...
May God richly bless you as you walk with Him!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends and others,

Participating in a forum is not about 'identifying'. It is about knowing what you believe and saying it and being able to support it. If you want to identify go to a church forum of which you are part of. If you want to be willing to go through the rigors of debate, then step out into a forum as this where you can present your views though they be not accepted.

Years ago in the military a test question was given. I have never forgotten it. It was: "Can you fight alone". A very searching question.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Participating in a forum is not about 'identifying'. It is about knowing what you believe and saying it and being able to support it. If you want to identify go to a church forum of which you are part of. If you want to be willing to go through the rigors of debate, then step out into a forum as this where you can present your views though they be not accepted.

Years ago in the military a test question was given. I have never forgotten it. It was: "Can you fight alone". A very searching question.

Stranger
That's a really sad way to look at a forum, but it's true.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always have to follow God, not man. I hope He draws you closer to Him daily as You follow Him.

Reactions: amadeus

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People here are Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone) and I am not,
Neither am I. I put scripture as the prime source though.
I believe that Baptism is necessary for Salvation (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:21),

a majority of People for the most part seem not to like any Church and I am pro Church

I am proud Church too. In that I mean folks ought to gather under leadership and organization.

I believe that Baptism is necessary for Salvation (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:21)
I do too. I just don't believe it means a H2O baptism, though I am not against it.

. I am a Traditional Liturgical Christian, most here are not. I
Ok.. I am not. I like the tradition the apostles set forth though... I allow that which does not compete against what they taught.

I believe in the Real Presence in the Bread and Wine, I
Neither am I. I am about doing it right.when you are in the presence of brethren, eat and drink equally in the presence of the Lord.

I believe in asking the Saints in Heaven for prayer as I ask you all for prayer sometimes
I am not necessarily against that either. But the dead know nothing. I am for us praying one for another. A large population ask Mary to pray for us... Why not Jehu or David?

When we are instructefvto pray about one to another, sure. .. it can include the past saints, bit the purpose is for us on Earth.

I am going to cut this short. I hope you see that you are not alone. You may not have a lot of folks that believe 100% with you . Well... That makes you 100% one of us.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not Catholic and I find your post highly insulting and among the many reasons not to stay.
Everything you stated about your beliefs was confirmation that you are a Catholic. So now you take offense by being identified as a Catholic? Amazing.

As to staying, almost the entire gamut of Christian beliefs is represented here. So you can either support your beliefs strictly with Scripture, or you can continue to be deceived by the Catholic Church (or whatever group you identify with). Every church's and every denominations doctrines and practices must be examined in the light of Scripture.